1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Historical events to open play in 1942?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Tboy, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

Just musing here, but on the historical events modes, if you were to wipe out all your enemies, then you would be unable to expand to fight any further, and thus the game would stagnate. Thus, I suggest that in the historical event modes, there be a transition to open play modes around 1942, or possibly later (esp. in the Pacific map), since by then all declarations of war would have been made.

As I said, just musing, and wondering if it could work.

2. kensington888

kensington888 Chieftain

good idea.

3. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

I have researched WWII history and could find any new Nation versus Nation "Declarations of War" after 1942 or so, however it would be quite good if a nation was to offer peace as opposed to playing to the death.

4. Dale

Dale Chieftain

5. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Yes, however, nearly all of those declarations of war were made by countries that are either A) not represented, or B) were dependencies or puppet states of the big players and are already grouped with those players on the map. In particular I'm thinking of Iraq, Egypt, Lebanon, etc. Also many of those wardecs were dependent on events on the ground, which would not play out in exactly the same way in the scenario. I mean, Italy declared war on Germany in 1943 but only because the Allies had invaded and Mussolini was overthrown. If the Germans had steam-rolled over Britain and Russia and the continent was consolidated under fascist rule by 1943, I doubt Italy would've just turned around and spontaneously declared war on Germany.

I don't play with historical events though, so I don't really have a vested interest either way :)

6. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Should have said "any new MAJOR Nation versus Nation "Declarations of War"