Historical Nuclear bombs/bombers

arkham4269

Court Writer - Orbis Mod
Not sure if this is the way to ask for things, but might I suggest that you fix the whole issue with nuclear weapons? I love how the mod does WWI to WWII to Cold War to Modern but what has always bugged me is that when it comes to nukes you go right to ICBMs!

First off, I believe that every nation should have to build a Nuclear weapon wonder to get nukes. As a 17 year Army intel analyst I can tell you that there is a major difference between having a technology like nuclear power from being able to weaponize it. (For that matter, how come no chemical weapons till far later in the game?)

So I think that at first you'd get 'atomic bombers' that would be the B-29 icon and would be one shot weapons since I think it would be easier than changing the bombers to carry weapons. Then you'd be able to develop tactical nukes to represent IRBMs and nuclear artillery. Only after that should you be able to develop ICBMs. I mean there was a 20 year gap between the A-Bomb and the ICBM. If you're going to go from the Sherman to the M-60, I think you need to have the same progression in nukes.

@arkham4269

Atomic bombs do need some changes in this mod. It's one of those things that I haven't yet looked into much. After you reminded about atomic bombs, I went and searched the forums and saw that atomic bomber units have been made. I'll have to test how those work - seems there had been some problems with animation files (plane crashing to ground like nuclear missile). Other upgrades to whole missile system have been on my to-do list, like early V1 and V2 rockets, land units that can carry missiles (nukes too) and some more choices for biological warfare as well.

@GarretSidzaka

Saw that you had made Fusion Bomb and Atomic Bomb Drop units - those would be nice additions to Rise of Mankind's modern day units. Keep up the fantastic job with making those units! :goodjob:

I could spend hours adding new modern day units to RoM 2, unit artists have been really busy on that sector.

@arkham4269

I totally agree that each nation should build its own national wonder project to be able to use nuclear weapons. This is exactly what Dale did in DCM and you can play it with RoM if you use the RevolutionDCM add-on.

There is also a separate nuclear bomb unit that comes with DCM. Though I think there can be more units that better represent the evolution of nukes and the various deployment methods that became available for them in the modern days. I am glad to see Zappara interested so we can expect some interesting additions in this area soon.

The first release of my addon has the Nuclear Arsenal Mod in it, although it doesnt have the nuclear bomber(ill leave that for Zap) it does have many of the other rocket propelled nukes before ICBM's(IRBM's etc), including Nuclear Silos, and a nuclear missile launcher unit. and you can find it here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=275702

Top Bottom