Historical Scenarios in Civ4 BTS

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
PC.IGN has posted a new Civ4 Beyond the Sword article, this time looking at six of the eleven scenarios included in the expansion pack. The 6 scenarios are all ancient or historical. In the next article they are going to look at the remaining scenarios.

The six scenarios are as follows:

• [*]Charlemagne
    This medieval scenario allows you to win through conquest, or by courting the favor of the Papacy.
  • Crossroads of the World
    This scenario allows players to pick one of five major civs and then drops them down in the Middle East with a number of lesser rival powers. No matter who you choose, the name of the game is money. The first of the five major powers to amass 30,000 gold wins the game.
  • Defense
    You begin this scenario with a small amount of cash for an advanced start buy, just enough to get a single city going before the game starts. You have to defend your city from a wave of enemy attacks.
  • Gods of Old
    This scenario focuses on the religious struggles of the Ancient World. Destroy other religions' shrines and use your prophets to call down terrible disasters on enemy cities
  • Rhye's and Fall of Civilization
    Rhye's mod adheres more closely to the historical timeline with regard to a civilization's appearance on the world stage. The bonuses and units for the civilizations are also more historically accurate. In addition, Each civilization in the game can have different victory conditions.
  • WWII Road to War
    This scenario has three versions: one each for the Pacific and Europe starting in 1936 and one just for Europe beginning a little hotter in 1939. Two of the unique features are air strike that allows you to choose to target either non-military or military buildings, and bitter winter events in the Eastern Front.
Check out the article for more details on these scenarios! Thanks to Algan for posting about it!

Yeah, bummer about that. But plenty of other secrets. ;)

I doubt any reviewer would play long enough to see what happens to France. :D

Yeah, bummer about that. But plenty of other secrets. ;)

I doubt any reviewer would play long enough to see what happens to France. :D

Vichy France, or a France in rebellion? By the way, Dale, your WW2 scenario is starting to look better and better...... :goodjob:

Who is the Anglo Saxon leader ???
There was no single Anglo Saxon leader at that time !

Also what the hell is he wearing its meant to be the dark ages !

Its clearly should be Offa of Mercia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offa_of_Mercia

if you go done to European connections on that page it states offa had connection with Charlemagne.

Hrump :(

Are any of these historical scenarios using random maps? I'm hoping Civ Defense and Gods of Old.

While I would LOVE IT with these other scenarios described, I get that a random map wouldn't make a lot of sense in the Road to War or Cross Roads, for example.

Hey, challenge to the modders out there! Once BtS comes out would anybody want to take some of these new scenarios and mod them so its the scenarios factions, new units, techs, rule mods, etc. but with a random map? Like taking that Charlemagne scenario with its new supply rules and papal favor system but now on a random map!

What's this 'Civ Defense' stuff? They've got rid of SuperRobo and replaced it with something worse? :dubious:

What's this 'Civ Defense' stuff? They've got rid of SuperRobo and replaced it with something worse? :dubious:

I'd still like to try it, it would be really cool if it tracks high scores, but have my theories here.

The BIG Ticket Scenarios were taking longer to make and test then expected so they couldn't test them all adequately. Lowest on the totem pole they may have figured were Chaos and Super Robo...but, shoot, we already promised 12 scenarios...quick, what can we whip out in a couple of days?

Civ Defense is born...

Hey gang,

The scenarios we feature use scripted setups. The only one that uses the map generator is Gods of Old.

Thanks,
Steve

Hey gang,

The scenarios we feature use scripted setups. The only one that uses the map generator is Gods of Old.

Thanks,
Steve

Oh wow, man, thanks!
I forgot you are a frequest fixture here at CFC.

Wow The Defend mod could be fun indeed. But Im mostly looking forward for Land o Ice (or whatever the FFH scen is called), Rhys scen and the ww2 scenarios.

Ordered a brand new 1600$ computer mostly to be abel to play on later eras... :) A bit overkill for one game but I could use it to play other games later on ;)

Top Bottom