1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition

1. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

Did both of you disable any DLC content that you DO NOT have? All DLCs currently available are automatically enabled. The directions for disabling them are included in HiTM.

2. ouyeah

ouyeah Chieftain

it works \o/
    thanks a bunch!!
    this should be put on bold red characters on the first page ! (i"m an average user, i dont read readmes ;) )

3. eoachan

eoachan Chieftain

Thanks for your patience, I was staring at the read me text and only read "if you have the DLCs" and also not "if you DON'T have the DLCs" I followed the instructions and that should fix it.Thanks for the great mod.Do you have any plans for a future tech tree with it's associated buildings and units in the works? Or can you recommend a Future Era mod that works well?

4. gijas

gijas Chieftain

Will this mod conflict with Mercenaries and Random Events mods? I know they change the gameplay as you warned in your readme but not sure if they change the exact files that you listed.

5. Rusty Edge

Rusty Edge Deity

Are you going to attach them to airplanes like IRL ?:p

6. stammis

stammis Chieftain

what format is the file in? becasue it is no zip file and I cant seem to find any program to use to open it. Can anyone help?

7. Rowzdower

Rowzdower Chieftain

Hey I made an account just to say thanks for the mod. I have a concern though..

I started up a game as Germany and got spawned next to a lot of deer and they all
    on hills. With an the camp improvement Ionly get 2F,1H. I could get more out of the tile
    if I build a mine improvement with 2F 2H. So whats the point of deer if I get more by building a mine over the poor deer looking at me with their big brown doe eyes?

Do I have to research a tech to get more out of the camp improvement??

8. Ceedub

Ceedub Chieftain

Change the extension to ".7zip" and use 7zip. Works fine.

9. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

Interesting... I'll have to take a look at this and see what I can do.

10. Rowzdower

Rowzdower Chieftain

Well the deer were on hills covered with forests. Once I chopped them down I got 4F instead of just 2F 1H.

11. stammis

stammis Chieftain

Thank you, worked perfectly!

12. pasal83

pasal83 Chieftain

Hello,

Just to say that with the new version Information Addict does not work any more.

The problem will be you he(it) corrected?

Thank you

13. Canabrava

Canabrava Prince

A liked so much this mod, since civ 4.

Some feedback:

- Stealth bomber still not gain expericence upgrades
    - Missle anti air unit don't need oil, but gun anti air unit need? Or both need or nome
    - Need a modern infantry to defend against modern oil/aluminium units, Missle anti air is stronger than a infantry/paratrooper.
    - I'm getting too free social polices and i think techs too
    - Some resourses are bugged. Sometimes i had 8 coal with mine and a can't use. Sometimes a had uraniam and no use but shows 1 or 2 being used.

Sugestion:

- New buildings to use resourses to get more money and production. Maps with a lot open terrain needs more production. Like a etanol refinary, use sugar to give more production. Some resourses just plus happines, maybe should be more important to the game.

- No nuclear weapon. I dont like nuclear weapons. I was plaing now and are just nuclear flood, it's too boring. Should be nice a option to no allow nuclear weapon.

14. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

I've found three problems with the latest version.

1. The meritocracy policy in the Liberty tree grants a free Great person of the players choice, but the prompt to actually select the great person (where the end turn prompt usually is) doesn't react when clicked on. This prevents the game from moving forward and pretty much breaks the game.

2. Info Addict no longer works with HitM. It displays no information at all.

3. For some reason all tech research stops at 5-turns left and grants me the tech, as opposed to counting down to 0-turns left. I should mention that I have altered the GameSpeeds.xml file, changing the ResearchPercent value from 300 (Marathon) to 750 to reflect my personal preferences for how quickly tech should progress. I have done this many times before though and with different mods so I am not sure whether it is causing some kind of conflict with the latest version of HitM or whether it's just the latest version of HitM itself that has this issue.

The first one is a pretty major bug as it stops you from progressing in any way if you choose that policy.

15. The Loot

The Loot Chieftain

Actually, any mod using InGame.xml will cause that, at least when I figured it out and other people tried the same. Some examples are TechDiffusion, TreeGrowth (I believe), and Emigration, but not HitM.

These are usually older mods, made before the patch that changed the use of InGame.

16. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

Ah! I am using Emigration! That's that then...I'll just have to remove it until there is a solution.

17. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

As for problem number 3, it seems that my tech research keeps finishing early (well before the supposed number of turns remaining) but it seems random exactly how early. I've noticed it finish anywhere from 2 turns early right up to 13 turns early. I restored the original GameSpeeds.xml file to see if that was the issue and it is still happening.

Also, I've just noticed that I seem to have a random source of 5 iron seemingly from nowhere. I haven't researched Iron Working yet so it is not revealed on the map to me. I should have two sources of silve though, one from a city state and one that I have mined near my capital, but only one source of silver shows up in my resource list. It looks like some bug is recognising one of these sources of silver as iron.

*Update....I have just realised that the R.E.D. Modpack I was using (which adds flavourful skins for units of different Civs, adds more members per unit and resizes them so they scale to eachother well) uses the Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml files, which HitM also uses. I completely overlooked this on the first page of the thread warning against using mods that both use these files. The strange issues I have been experiencing may be caused by this conflict (though my issues are more related to tech research and resources than units themselves) but I can't be sure, so I'll start a new game and test with just HitM, and no RED Modpack. It would be a shame to have to lose RED though :(

18. The Loot

The Loot Chieftain

Well, it looks like Gedemon answered your question in the RED thread, but I'll go ahead and post it here for anyone else interested. Helps me out, too.

19. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

Good call.

I've edited the appropriate files and followed Gedemon's instructions but haven't had a chance to test it yet. I've got some work to do today but i'll give it a whirl later on and report back.

20. MasterTonberry

MasterTonberry Chieftain

I'm afraid it doesn't work. All the untis lose their graphics if I try to enable RED with HitM this way.