Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

Has anyone see Grave lately? It's so quiet here.

Hi guys
I got a problem that I hop you can help me with
I am trying to play with HiTM2 but there is a problem withe the tech tree
so I folow the steps write in the readme and I download "TSL Earth Huge with DLC content (v 5)"
but it want work it's write me "invalid map file"
and whene I play normal well back to the start

So if someone can Help me I will appreciate that
tnx head
me

Excellent mod (on the right path like the civ 4 one ;-)). I like the new techs (vanilla is just too few techs in ancient and classical era) and the new buildings. Played Babylon this We, I'm in the modern era and I am going to lose to Alexander on diplo (well I think that's what is gonna happen). I do not like Research Agreement, it's just weird to acquire an 20 turn modern era tech for just 500$ !!!! I also thnk great artist are just too weak compared to other GP. As a GS can speed a tech and a GE speed a Wonder, a GA should be able to speed a Policy (or at least a big part of it). for diplo, I think CS should have positive and negative votes: one need to have many friendly CS, some "neutral" (vote 0) and very few "enemies" CS (vote -1) to win.
I'm gonna finish my game tonight I think, I'll try to see how I can "bribe" some CS not to vote for Alex, to allow me some time to win cultural.

I was so eager to play your mod, Grave, since i had enjoyed very much the one you created for Civ4, but it seems that something is wrong brcause after the first 100 turns or so, the games crash randomly every 5-6 turns :( When I play the vanilla version or other mods, I don't face anything similar. I don't know if anybody else is experiencing the same problem, but it's very frustrating...

Are you sure you installed the mod as described in the readme?

Hello all,

I think Textile and Fermentation should enable to work the associated resources rather then just unhide them. Not much sense in being able to work Cotton or Wine with Plantation but not being able to see them.

If anyone can show me how to reveal those resources that are revealed with the vanilla version and using Textile and Fermentation to enable working the tiles instead of revealing them, the same goes with Fish and Fishing, should enable building work boats instead of also revealing them, I hope it's not too complicated.
Many thanks.

Grave... You really are the greatest modder in here loved your civ4 hitm... and ill bet this will be as good as the first was...but could you still give us a fix for the bts version with the issue of expansive leader (spawns with settler size 2) MP its really the only issue with the game everytime the expansive leader makes a city everybody gets Out Of Sync and all have to reconnect... If theres no fix could you at least tell what to change to get the expansive settler spawning with only 1 people in it (expansive traits 50% faster settler is really good enough)

not really a proper channel but you havent answered that issue in the proper one.

I really dont want to be a whiner but thats the one and only issue with your great mod in civ4

ps: this account was only made because Hitm 1 & 2... thou havent downloaded the second yet

Grave... You really are the greatest modder in here loved your civ4 hitm... and ill bet this will be as good as the first was...but could you still give us a fix for the bts version with the issue of expansive leader (spawns with settler size 2) MP its really the only issue with the game everytime the expansive leader makes a city everybody gets Out Of Sync and all have to reconnect... If theres no fix could you at least tell what to change to get the expansive settler spawning with only 1 people in it (expansive traits 50% faster settler is really good enough)

not really a proper channel but you havent answered that issue in the proper one.

I really dont want to be a whiner but thats the one and only issue with your great mod in civ4

ps: this account was only made because Hitm 1 & 2... thou havent downloaded the second yet

MaDii, Grave can correct me if I'm wrong, but as a long time player of HiTM 1 some time ago, I seem to remember at least at one point with HiTM 1 that Multiplayer was very specifically and very deliberately not supported? If that is correct and my memory isn't completely shot from too much alcohol, it might explain why Grave may not have answered queries about HiTM for Civ4's multiplayer (i.e. because he took some effort to explain to the community that multiplayer wasn't something he was going to deal with).... again, I could be very wrong here... wouldn't be the first time ;)

first post on this forum so be gentle.

i havent read all the posts before this one so i might mention some things thats allready been said but here i go

farms and mines so far seems to spawn resources under them at random given times. this feature is nice enough but unless i destroy the current mine/farm its appeared under it wont count me as having the resources so it cant be traded and doesnt count in the happiness meter (or what its called) is this intended? also maybe mention somewhere ingame that there is a random chance that raw resources may be found if those improvenment are build like in the same place where you see resource outcome if its build.

another thing is i personaly feel that research in marathon goes quite fast. im in the Renaissance on turn 300 where it non modded can take me 600 or so turns. this may just be me ofc.

great people on the other hand feel like they never happen. this again could just be me but i feel like the amount of great people i get is 50-75% lower then usualy if you dont calculate the ones from getting techs first.

when mentioning great people maybe somewhere in the tech tree like if you curse of the era name a info box that says you get X great person if you are the first to get to the era. same with techs that unlocks great people or a troop

city-states in the game i play currently dont build workers. this is a bit of a bummer since they cant improve their resources then at that kinda takes the top of the idea of allying them :)

thats all i got with current game for furture wishes thou

the nationality and building/troops bonuses. the original ones i feel are kinda boring. what i really would like is some more bonuses (not more then the current 3 at a time) and the ability to swap freely between them

some more upgrades for troops. in long single player games i love to have 3-4 troops that are extremly pumped xp wise but the upgrades to them is rathere limited atm id love to see some more or even new and more interesting ones.

thats what i got. quite the wall of text for a first post id say for ending id like to mention that i truly think your mod is great and got lots of potential to become even greater!

first post on this forum so be gentle.

i havent read all the posts before this one so i might mention some things thats allready been said but here i go

farms and mines so far seems to spawn resources under them at random given times. this feature is nice enough but unless i destroy the current mine/farm its appeared under it wont count me as having the resources so it cant be traded and doesnt count in the happiness meter (or what its called) is this intended?
That is default behaviour from Civ5, it's not a result of this MOD.

also maybe mention somewhere ingame that there is a random chance that raw resources may be found if those improvenment are build like in the same place where you see resource outcome if its build.
That also is default behaviour if I'm right.

another thing is i personaly feel that research in marathon goes quite fast. im in the Renaissance on turn 300 where it non modded can take me 600 or so turns. this may just be me ofc.
What map size do you play? It can be related to map size.

great people on the other hand feel like they never happen. this again could just be me but i feel like the amount of great people i get is 50-75% lower then usualy if you dont calculate the ones from getting techs first.
I experience that too, expecially early in games. Not until you gathered a few wonders and choose some solid policies will that change.

when mentioning great people maybe somewhere in the tech tree like if you curse of the era name a info box that says you get X great person if you are the first to get to the era. same with techs that unlocks great people or a troop
Nice suggestion but I wonder if a pop-up by hovering over a tech is possible. Grave will know for sure.

city-states in the game i play currently dont build workers. this is a bit of a bummer since they cant improve their resources then at that kinda takes the top of the idea of allying them :)
They do in my games, even though they get captured by the enemy occasionally.

the nationality and building/troops bonuses. the original ones i feel are kinda boring. what i really would like is some more bonuses (not more then the current 3 at a time) and the ability to swap freely between them
Such as :)?

some more upgrades for troops. in long single player games i love to have 3-4 troops that are extremly pumped xp wise but the upgrades to them is rathere limited atm id love to see some more or even new and more interesting ones.
Such as :)?

That is default behaviour from Civ5, it's not a result of this MOD.

while its a few month since i played civ 5 i recall never having tried that unmoded which partialy answer the next comment you did aswell :)

What map size do you play? It can be related to map size.

Huge

Nice suggestion but I wonder if a pop-up by hovering over a tech is possible. Grave will know for sure.

to my shame i noticed there is a mention when techs give great people :S and im unsure wether a new era does now.

They do in my games, even though they get captured by the enemy occasionally.

at turn 489 my allied city state build its first worker :S dunno if its the mod or something else that resulted in that. also same for non-allied city state it was first around turn 400+ they began getting workers.

and for the traits and upgrade bonuses i dunno yet il have to think of about it to come up with something properly interesting

MaDii, Grave can correct me if I'm wrong, but as a long time player of HiTM 1 some time ago, I seem to remember at least at one point with HiTM 1 that Multiplayer was very specifically and very deliberately not supported? If that is correct and my memory isn't completely shot from too much alcohol, it might explain why Grave may not have answered queries about HiTM for Civ4's multiplayer (i.e. because he took some effort to explain to the community that multiplayer wasn't something he was going to deal with).... again, I could be very wrong here... wouldn't be the first time ;)

yup I know it isnt supported but its a bit over powered too so I would want to change it to 1 and then try if it has any meaning at all to the MP

just havent found a file where the thing is done so I had to ask...

found it finaly so no need for instructions/fixes

yup I know it isnt supported but its a bit over powered too so I would want to change it to 1 and then try if it has any meaning at all to the MP

just havent found a file where the thing is done so I had to ask...

found it finaly so no need for instructions/fixes

Cool Cool! ;) Have fun! :goodjob:

@ Grave - Gedemon has built HiTM Support into R.E.D v9.1 (i.e. for the Marine) ;)

Great Mod, absolutely love it. Especially this:

- All resources now have a PreReqTech before they can be revealed on the map

I didn't read that at first and thought i had the markers switched off! Makes the game so much more interesting that you don't know what's immediately around you when you first settle.

Thanks for making it :)

I was so eager to play your mod, Grave, since i had enjoyed very much the one you created for Civ4, but it seems that something is wrong brcause after the first 100 turns or so, the games crash randomly every 5-6 turns :( When I play the vanilla version or other mods, I don't face anything similar. I don't know if anybody else is experiencing the same problem, but it's very frustrating...

Same here. After certain point I'm experiencing crashes to desktop every couple turns. Shame really as it's my favourite mod so far :(

Yup, Me to. I'm at like turn 153 and it crashes every time. It seems to crash just as it rolls back to me and my turn is starting. I restarted a few turns back but I get the crash every single time at the same time :(

To Grave :

1) I have 1.221a, do you plan to update your mod before next PC patch ?
If not could you keep two versions at once, one for 1.217 and one for post 1.217 ?

At case, i should reinstall the game and your mod ?

2) Do you plan to add more buildings in game ?

Do you plan to have more eras and more turns for finish by example in 2150 or 2200 ?

Something less radical than Procylon's mod...

3) Do you plan to add Mentos' mod : Barbarians! in your modpack ?

4) A little feedback : the line which indicate how much science i have in city screen is messed up...

I just purchased the social policy Meritocracy which grants a free Great Person of my choice, however the "Choose Great Person" icon does nothing, not allowing me to choose a Great Person nor end my turn and continue the game.

Top Bottom