Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

I subscribed and it didn't show in the mod list. I went in and deleted all my mods so they could reload and still nothing.

if you look in your mod folder there is a seperate folder its a CIV5MOD file that you can't open. And the HitMII folder is blank

Wait... Where did the HISTORY IN THE MAKING for gods and kings go? I cant find it.

I cant install mod too. I subscribed and it didn't show in the mod list. After i directly downloaded and also didn't show in the mod list.

Still not loading, from either of the available links. It downloads, then doesn't appear in the list: this is after clearing the cache, and I can see other mods still work so it's an issue with this mod specifically.

Wait... Where did the HISTORY IN THE MAKING for gods and kings go? I cant find it.

Well, technically I never released the G&K version. I spent that whole time building rebuilding HitM2 from scratch and play-testing it.

if you look in your mod folder there is a seperate folder its a CIV5MOD file that you can't open. And the HitMII folder is blank

Still not loading, from either of the available links. It downloads, then doesn't appear in the list: this is after clearing the cache, and I can see other mods still work so it's an issue with this mod specifically.

Hmmm....

I'll have to research this. I checked out the civ5mod file... it's fine; file architecture is exactly as it should. If you have WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc... you can open the civ5mod file and just extract it into the empty "History in the Making II Brave New World Edition (v 1)" directory in your MODS directory. That's just a band-aid fix until I can see why it's not installing correctly.

But, as far as I can tell... the mod file is as it should be. :confused:

OK, I re-uploaded... this time I cleaned up the dependencies/references; both the CFC and Steam versions were updated.

Try this and see if it works.

Version 2 is uploaded.

Some Steam users reported a bug with Oligarchy... I fixed it. Keep the bugs/suggestions flowing! I'm the only one that ever play-tested this before, so the more feedback I get from various users (using various styles of play) the better! :)

Version 2 is uploaded.

Some Steam users reported a bug with Oligarchy... I fixed it. Keep the bugs/suggestions flowing! I'm the only one that ever play-tested this before, so the more feedback I get from various users (using various styles of play) the better! :)
Very well then.

Minor UI bug: When I first start up a game and check out the policy screen, the tree mapping is shown over every branch except Liberty. I'll grab a screenshot later. Don't have time right now.

Just a comment on gameplay and pantheons: I've been playing the celts and I find I get a pantheon before I can even see the resources that a pantheon can improve. This also doesn't seem to be just a celtic problem, as the AI get pantheons at a similar time. I was lucky enough to pick silver/gold pantheon, since I'd discovered mining that turn. I have three suggestions, depending on how you see the mod:

Increase the faith needed to get a pantheon, or have a tech requirement for it;
Reveal resources earlier;
increase the value of pantheons on later revealed resouces, so that gambling to get them might be worth it;
Add a couple more pantheons that affect terrain/improvement types rather than resources. Perhaps one could be holy mountains, where for each mountain in a cities borders you get +1 faith without working it. Since mountains are claimed last in border expansion, it could be quite balanced.

Also, the piety opener gave me +3 faith, not +1. It is broken down into +1 per capital tile and +2 per policy if that helps you fix it.

I cant install mod too. I subscribed and it didn't show in the mod list. After i directly downloaded and also didn't show in the mod list.

I'm still having this problem :S I just used winrar to take it out but I tried installing from steam, when that didn't work I unsubscribed on steam downloaded manually and ran again, didn't work, cleared the Cache folder, tried again, didn't work. *shrug* just thought I'd let you know.

Ok so when I run it I feel like I've done something wrong as I load up the mod (and WASD and camera rotation mod, cause I don't have my up arrow key anymore so...) and go in just with a random race, it does the intro to the race reading out the description and the moment he finishes the screen goes black, the game freezes and it just stays there, if I click on it the "is not responding" notification comes up and than I just close it down. No clue why that might be...

I'm still having this problem :S I just used winrar to take it out but I tried installing from steam, when that didn't work I unsubscribed on steam downloaded manually and ran again, didn't work, cleared the Cache folder, tried again, didn't work. *shrug* just thought I'd let you know.

Ok so when I run it I feel like I've done something wrong as I load up the mod (and WASD and camera rotation mod, cause I don't have my up arrow key anymore so...) and go in just with a random race, it does the intro to the race reading out the description and the moment he finishes the screen goes black, the game freezes and it just stays there, if I click on it the "is not responding" notification comes up and than I just close it down. No clue why that might be...

Version 2 worked for me. I create a new folder and used a .rar program to unrar to new folder and worked.

-----

Bug:

- I buld Taj Mahall and wonder pop up shows me piramids text (Workers gin +25% construction speed and 2 workers... )

--> Why only reve G&K religions and not BNW new religions?

HitM2 makes a lot of XML changes; it takes the database a few minutes to load them all in. Give it a few minutes; depending on you hardware specs, this may take longer than expected.

Version 2 worked for me. I create a new folder and used a .rar program to unrar to new folder and worked.

-----

Bug:

- I buld Taj Mahall and wonder pop up shows me piramids text (Workers gin +25% construction speed and 2 workers... )

It's a shame you have to use WinRAR to unpack the mod files; the game should do that for you.

Thanks for identifying the Taj Mahal bug. I was going to move the Worker bonus from the Pyramids to it, but changed my mind. I must have forgotten to clean up the text tags!

Just a comment on gameplay and pantheons: I've been playing the celts and I find I get a pantheon before I can even see the resources that a pantheon can improve. This also doesn't seem to be just a celtic problem, as the AI get pantheons at a similar time. I was lucky enough to pick silver/gold pantheon, since I'd discovered mining that turn. I have three suggestions, depending on how you see the mod:

Increase the faith needed to get a pantheon, or have a tech requirement for it;
Reveal resources earlier;
increase the value of pantheons on later revealed resouces, so that gambling to get them might be worth it;
Add a couple more pantheons that affect terrain/improvement types rather than resources. Perhaps one could be holy mountains, where for each mountain in a cities borders you get +1 faith without working it. Since mountains are claimed last in border expansion, it could be quite balanced.

Also, the piety opener gave me +3 faith, not +1. It is broken down into +1 per capital tile and +2 per policy if that helps you fix it.

All great ideas! I'll look into these...

HitM2 makes a lot of XML changes; it takes the database a few minutes to load them all in. Give it a few minutes; depending on you hardware specs, this may take longer than expected.

Okay, I've only let it sit for a minute before so, next time I go to run it I'll just leave it and do something else for a bit see if it works. I found a few mods I'm playing with right now.

How about a tech or two extra at the end of classical? I've always felt that the transition there (even in the base game) is a bit short, when there should be some form of a dark age; perhaps instead the tech costs could be increase a bit at the end of classical/start of medieval so you don't just jump straight into the medieval period. I like the way renaissance builds up towards steam power, btw, that's a brilliant thing! Perhaps you could add feudalism to the end of the classical era?

There is too much food? I see AI with city Level 50, 60, 70... isn't too much?

I don't know how AI have a lot of cities with more than level 50 and have great happines.

Top Bottom