Hit Points in Conquests

Herse

Philosopher Conqueror
I brought this up in a thread announcing a Gamespot Preview of Conquests, (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civ3conquests/preview_6073788.html) but no one really had anything to say about it; however I am still curious. In the very first screenshot there is a Legionary III in Messana who has SIX hit points (SuperElite?). I know some people experimented with modifying hit points up to avoid Tank vs. Spearman scenario, but has anyone heard (or seen, for our playtesters) anything about changes to hit points in Conquests? Or is anyone as curious as I am? Care to speculate?

Herse

Here's a link to the screenshot.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civ3conquests/screens.html?page=48

The extra HP or possibly +2 HP is a bonus for the Leg 3, not nessicarily a new advantage some UUs have.

it could represent the development of the legion from hoplite copies into the best troops (when trained, and equipped properlly) of the the entire world at the time...

Grief, 4 elite* UUs in an army....that'd be 24 hitpoints!

that with the upgrade defence would be VERY cool :)

Also, if you look at the box in the lower right of the screen the active unit is a REGULAR Legionary III. I would assume that this corresponds to the one in Messana although I guess it is possible that it is the 5 hit point Legionary in Croton (home of the famous Greek wrestler, Milo, who is said to have won one of his many Olympic victories one year because all of his opponents simply conceded :) , tidbit), or even another one off screen somewhere. Perhaps the extra point(s) is a function of the UU, or perhaps all units have more points, though the approaching enemy only has four. Smellincoffee is right on about armies. Frightening.

Herse

It doesn't mean that UUs have extra hit points!!! There was an art rendering of a new legionary that is probably legionary III, and the Conquests are rebalanced!!! They probably won't rebalance the core game with extra HPs for early units!!!

There is an extra amount of upgrades in conquests? Didn't know that. :)

Did you notice anything different in that Legion screenshot? I didn't notice a thing.

he seemed to more detail about him- hes an even finer looking Centurion then he was befor :)- though I'm not sure why they posted that art work....

Originally posted by Packer-Backer
It doesn't mean that UUs have extra hit points!!! There was an art rendering of a new legionary that is probably legionary III, and the Conquests are rebalanced!!! They probably won't rebalance the core game with extra HPs for early units!!!

Yeah, I think that it is much more likely that any increase in the number of hit points would be Conquest specific and not in the core game.

Originally posted by Superevie
There is an extra amount of upgrades in conquests? Didn't know that.

I don't know either. I'm just trying to speculate on the appearance of this unit in the screenshot.

Herse

Top Bottom