Hitler & Mussolini

el_hidalgo

Prince
I have commissioned a few leaderheads from a professional artist (no way I can do this stuff myself!). Here are the results so far:

hitler.jpg

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

I think they are coming along very nice. They should be ready in about a week or two.

Impressive. The ongoing Hitler battles may be nearing an end.

My only complaint against Adolph is that his mustache seems a bit too prominent, but that could work with the cartoonish style of the Civ leaderheads.

The Mussolini seems a little less polished than Hitler at this point, but I'm guessing that's because it isn't done yet. The medals for instance are sticking out oddly, the face texture seems a bit strange in places, and some of the seams (the hat/head and the shoulder patches) don't appear completely aligned yet. It's also a testament to the work of Ekmek that this formally commissioned Mussolini seems to have used almost the same basic design as his earlier prototype.

All that said, these are really quite nice, and I can't wait to see some in-game screenshots. Thank you for going above and beyond like this on the mod community's behalf. Just out of curiosity, you said "a few" leaderheads. Do you mind dropping the other names?

Could you post the nifs and/or blends for these files? I need an armband for my Swiss LH!!! I'm going to turn it into a swiss armband, I'm not putting a nazi armband on the swiss guy, just so you know.

Impressive. The ongoing Hitler battles may be nearing an end.

My only complaint against Adolph is that his mustache seems a bit too prominent, but that could work with the cartoonish style of the Civ leaderheads.

The Mussolini seems a little less polished than Hitler at this point, but I'm guessing that's because it isn't done yet. The medals for instance are sticking out oddly, the face texture seems a bit strange in places, and some of the seams (the hat/head and the shoulder patches) don't appear completely aligned yet. It's also a testament to the work of Ekmek that this formally commissioned Mussolini seems to have used almost the same basic design as his earlier prototype.

All that said, these are really quite nice, and I can't wait to see some in-game screenshots. Thank you for going above and beyond like this on the mod community's behalf. Just out of curiosity, you said "a few" leaderheads. Do you mind dropping the other names?

Thanks! In both cases the screenshots are of prototypes, so there is still some work to do. It is a testament to Ekmek for sure -- I love his Mussolini. I asked the artist to "clean it up" a bit, and that's we got here (in particular, the problem I was having was the Mussolini's hand would disappear during his chest-thump animation.)

Regarding the 'stache, I kinda like the cartoony effect. And I just now looked up some pics of Hitler, and his mustache actually is bushier that the image in my mind:

http://downwiththeinternet.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/hitler.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/04/22/hitler_narrowweb__300x431,0.jpg

http://www.zionist-watch.net/images/articles/15/010408-AdolfHitler.jpg

It's weird looking.

As for future developments, I want to do Mackenzie King and maybe a few more WW2 era leaders. Nothing else is in the works yet, though, just these two.

LOL, not to make light of the whole Hitler thing, because I know he was a serious guy who created serious situations and all. But honestly, how do you look in the mirror and say to yourself, "Yeah, that's the look I want, that's the leader of the pure and superior race of man!"

What a . .. .. .. .ing jackass.

LOL, not to make light of the whole Hitler thing, because I know he was a serious guy who created serious situations and all. But honestly, how do you look in the mirror and say to yourself, "Yeah, that's the look I want, that's the leader of the pure and superior race of man!"

There is an rumor, that one of his advisors told him, that he need something like a personal feature, making him more memoriseable. So he came up with that mustache. However, nobody knows if this is true or not, like allways with rumors.

There is an rumor, that one of his advisors told him, that he need something like a personal feature, making him more memoriseable. So he came up with that mustache. However, nobody knows if this is true or not, like allways with rumors.

I heard that Hitler liked Charlie Chaplin, this is why he grew such a funny moustache. Might be just a silly rumour.
And, The Capo, it is OK to make fun of Hitler and the Nazis as long as you don't cross certain lines. Russian humor, for instance, is full of jokes about Nazis. Even war veterans like them. Again, without crossing the lines of good taste.

And, The Capo, it is OK to make fun of Hitler and the Nazis as long as you don't cross certain lines. Russian humor, for instance, is full of jokes about Nazis. Even war veterans like them. Again, without crossing the lines of good taste.

Zwei Jüden walkent into ein bar, und Ich töte sie! HA HA HA HA! Das ist funnig, ja?

I guess I don't have to mess with Chuggi's Hitler after all! If you artist is interested i have the file in the 'recipe for the perfect hitler' thread

Nice that they are cleaning up mussolini. Where did you find this professional artist and where did they learn how to make it gameplayable?

I guess I don't have to mess with Chuggi's Hitler after all! If you artist is interested i have the file in the 'recipe for the perfect hitler' thread

Nice that they are cleaning up mussolini. Where did you find this professional artist and where did they learn how to make it gameplayable?

I think he's too far along in the process now. I did point him to the various Hitlers here, but I asked him to do this from scratch. I found him through Elance. He has a background in professional game design.

:lol: Yeah, I know what you mean. Was that even in style at the time? Arguably the most evil man in all of world history, and he looks like a total goof. But then, what is evil supposed to look like? I guess that's it.

I'm also working on an update of my WW2 scenario. I based Hitler on Genghis Khan but made him even more nasty and warmongering.

The evil guy always has a funny mustache! Just look at any episode of Dudley Do-Right!

It's even funnier than you're looking at this thread in frickin' Saxony. They got laws against even looking at Hitler!

It's even funnier than you're looking at this thread in frickin' Saxony. They got laws against even looking at Hitler!

That was allmost funny. Try again.

Top Bottom