Hittite War Chariot - Fixed!

Civitar

Adventurer
This is the Hittite War Chariot, from the Wonders of the Ancient World DLC. The original model is messed up and hence quite daunting to unit modders (seriously; one mesh is a chariot, a horse, and part of a horse's tail; another mesh is a horse with the chariot harness; and yet another mesh contains all of one horse tail).
I've fixed it up so that the meshes are easy to replace for unit modders - there are still 5 meshes, but rather than being randomly determined they are:
  • Chariot + harness
  • Left-hand horse
  • Right-hand horse
  • Driver
  • Spearman
The zip file contains the NB2 file to import the model to Blender for editing. The original game files are fine for everything else, like textures and FXSXML.

In case anyone's wondering why we might care about one unit you've never seen ingame, it is the only base model we have with a full set of animations for melee chariot units (there are two ranged chariot units - the Chariot Archer and Egyptian War Chariot). Here you can see the Hittite War Chariot ingame:
Spoiler :

The original game files are fine for everything else, like textures and FXSXML.

Is it possible to extract the other files as well, for people who lack the specific Wonder scenario DLC?

Might want to talk to a moderator about that. I know something similar has been done with the Stoneskin Ogres that use Polynesian Maori Warrior animations - the animations are included in mods that use them to remove the DLC dependency.

I know this is an old thread but since this is probably the answer to my problem, how do you apply the fix? I have no idea what blender is or what program to use to open a nb2 file.

I know this is an old thread but since this is probably the answer to my problem, how do you apply the fix? I have no idea what blender is or what program to use to open a nb2 file.

This is only a "fix" so an artist can edit it or re-use its animations with new units. The unit is otherwise fine ingame.

Blender is a free 3D art program.

NB2 is the export output format from Nexus Buddy 2, to convert the proprietary Granny files from CiV into a format Blender can import (using the Blender import scripts available from the Nexus Buddy 2 thread).

I'll reply to your other thread for your mostly unrelated issue.

Any chance you could post the .fxsxml, .gr2 etc. files?

I have no idea how to use the Nexus thingie, tried to install it once and it appeared to fail.

Any chance you could post the .fxsxml, .gr2 etc. files?

I have no idea how to use the Nexus thingie, tried to install it once and it appeared to fail.

If you don't want to use the Nexus script, you can use Dragon UnPACKer, however there's likely no need to use either, since you can just make a new unit and assign it the existing art define (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT) without bothering to extract anything.

[And, y'know, it's, like, copyrighted and stuff.]

If you don't want to use the Nexus script, you can use Dragon UnPACKer, however there's likely no need to use either, since you can just make a new unit and assign it the existing art define (ART_DEF_UNIT_U_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT) without bothering to extract anything.

[And, y'know, it's, like, copyrighted and stuff.]

I need the art files because they need to be edited for a UU.

nvm, I think I have the stuff I need now

Top Bottom