1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hmmm moments

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bozo Erectus, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. Mathilda

    Mathilda Queen

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2004
    Messages:
    7,718
    Location:
    Helsinki, Finland
    Takes a special kind of person to handle one of them :mischief:
     
  2. Gilder

    Gilder Deity

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    3,414
    Location:
    Anywhere I Lay My Head
    I love my hair.
     
  3. Harbringer

    Harbringer Your A One Flower Garden

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    Messages:
    3,074
    Location:
    Shoveling Hills of Blue
    That people are generally idiots, and people with good taling skills have simply dabbed a foot into every facet of inteligence level, thus being why most "socaibles" have few close friends.
     
  4. Swiss_Mercenari

    Swiss_Mercenari Comedic Jihadist

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2006
    Messages:
    205
    Location:
    Northeastern Ohio
    My latest profound thought? Wondering if I'm in a dream or not currently, and have been for my entire life. And my entire Life, because I think I ate that once when I was only a wee lad (5 maybe?). Tasted horrible!
     
  5. mythmonster2

    mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    2,873
    Location:
    Houston TX, Yeeeehaw!
    Hey, that's my thought! (See some pages back)
     
  6. The Yankee

    The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2002
    Messages:
    19,467
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    Is that why you made this thread? :mischief:
     
  7. Integral

    Integral Can't you hear it?

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2007
    Messages:
    4,021
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    Deep thought of Saturday: the entire real number system can be constructed using the counting numbers, addition, multiplication and the " = " sign.

    Hmmm
     
  8. cybrxkhan

    cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2006
    Messages:
    9,687
    Location:
    The Universe
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
     
  9. Cheezy the Wiz

    Cheezy the Wiz Socialist In A Hurry

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2005
    Messages:
    25,238
    Location:
    Freedonia
    Same, but insert "Austrian" instead of "Finnish."
     
  10. ArneHD

    ArneHD Just a little bit mad

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Messages:
    3,153
    Location:
    Tromsø, Norway
    The only natural barrier between people is geography, and as that barrier is eroded, the only barriers between people that remain are artificial in nature.

    and

    The process of learning goes on always, you cannot stop it. But you can help it along by consciously taking lessons everywhere you find them. Reflect on everything you hear, see, smell and read.
     
  11. cthom

    cthom 3,011,451,295

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2005
    Messages:
    1,309
    Location:
    was clackmannan, now sauchie
    fish is good for the brain, but tikka masala is good for the stomach.
    hmmmmmmmyum.
     
  12. Mise

    Mise isle of lucy

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Messages:
    28,623
    Location:
    London, UK
    That everything good that happens to you is luck, and skill, intelligence and experience is merely narrowing the odds.
     
  13. Trajan12

    Trajan12 Deity

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    6,901
    Location:
    At the Soundless Dawn
    I'd say the exact inverse.
     
  14. Mise

    Mise isle of lucy

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Messages:
    28,623
    Location:
    London, UK
    You mean good things = skill, bad things = bad luck?

    I think they both boil down to the same thing though. I mean, if skill, intelligence and experience leads to a 99% chance of getting a job, then not getting the job would be particularly bad luck. But if you started out with a 1% chance of getting the job through pure luck, then you'd be particularly lucky to get the job; skill, intelligence and experience turn the 1% into 99%.
     
  15. Trajan12

    Trajan12 Deity

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    6,901
    Location:
    At the Soundless Dawn
    Skill, intelligence, and experience would be everything good that happens to you and luck would be what's narrowing the odds, is what I meant.
     
  16. Narz

    Narz keeping it real

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2002
    Messages:
    28,276
    Location:
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Really good sex after waiting four or five days is better than just pretty good sex daily (though sex nearly everyday for a few months after 19 years of unwanted celebacy is great :D).
     
  17. MobBoss

    MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2005
    Messages:
    46,853
    Location:
    In Perpetual Motion
    There was a recent study that indicated men who have sex 2 to 4 times a week have a much reduced risk of having prostate cancer.

    At my current rate I should be cancer free until at least age 100.
     
  18. Bill3000

    Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2005
    Messages:
    18,464
    Location:
    Quinquagesimusermia
    You forgot the similar studies on masturbation and prostate cancer, which means that pretty much all of us on CFC, especially me, shall be cancer free, period.
     
  19. Eran of Arcadia

    Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2004
    Messages:
    23,090
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
  20. Bozo Erectus

    Bozo Erectus Master Baker

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2003
    Messages:
    22,389
    Heres one for you, brain: The worth of an idea isnt measured by its originality, but by its truth.

    Ah knows mah peeps, 'n theys rarely be dissapointin'
     

Share This Page