Ho ho ho and a bottle of Tokaj! - A Magyar civ

Yeah, I have the székelykapu in mind, but I thought about using it as something like a 'returning element' of houses of the medieval (and maybe classical) cityset. I even think that it would be easy to make such a gate as lots of chinese buildings have similar parts that could be used as a base. So, if we request such a cityset, we might get the székelykapu as part of it. I wanted Kabcsi to make such a request (in his reallife he does something with history, so he is the pro anyways), but he seems to be too busy for civ4 again. Didn't even got an answer so far (and he still has the corrected game texts for this mod...).
Don't know if this sounds good to you.

BTW1: It seems to me that I corrected the landworked improvement for the ancient citystyle, see attachment.

BTW2: I put in the parliament as you wanted me to. I also tweaked the overlapping. The only glitch occurs if you found Budapest on a hill (or rebuild the palace in a city that lies on a hill). At least, surrounding hills and water isn't a problem anymore. And it fits very well into the city the way it is now!

Yeah, I have the székelykapu in mind, but I thought about using it as something like a 'returning element' of houses of the medieval (and maybe classical) cityset. I even think that it would be easy to make such a gate as lots of chinese buildings have similar parts that could be used as a base. So, if we request such a cityset, we might get the székelykapu as part of it. I wanted Kabcsi to make such a request (in his reallife he does something with history, so he is the pro anyways), but he seems to be too busy for civ4 again. Didn't even got an answer so far (and he still has the corrected game texts for this mod...).
Don't know if this sounds good to you.

BTW1: It seems to me that I corrected the landworked improvement for the ancient citystyle, see attachment.

BTW2: I put in the parliament as you wanted me to. I also tweaked the overlapping. The only glitch occurs if you found Budapest on a hill (or rebuild the palace in a city that lies on a hill). At least, surrounding hills and water isn't a problem anymore. And it fits very well into the city the way it is now!

This is all very good news, cool3a2, I'm really looking forward to this little gem of a cityset!
And I'd be quite happy with the székelykapu being part of the cityset, too.

his is all very good news, cool3a2, I'm really looking forward to this little gem of a cityset!
And I'd be quite happy with the székelykapu being part of the cityset, too.
At the moment I think I'll wait around a week whether one of my request gets finished or not. I am currently busy with the Hun Mod anyways. If one or more of the requests gets finished till then, I'll add it. Otherwise I'll upload the mod immideately. I may then update it in smaller steps. So it may take you around a week to get the cityset (of course there won't be a medieval cityset till then, but actually I am optimistic that there will be in future) :goodjob:

At the moment I think I'll wait around a week whether one of my request gets finished or not. I am currently busy with the Hun Mod anyways. If one or more of the requests gets finished till then, I'll add it. Otherwise I'll upload the mod immideately. I may then update it in smaller steps. So it may take you around a week to get the cityset (of course there won't be a medieval cityset till then, but actually I am optimistic that there will be in future) :goodjob:

There's no need to rush because of me, I'm off on vacation for the next 2 weeks. But anyway, really waiting for this!

There's no need to rush because of me, I'm off on vacation for the next 2 weeks. But anyway, really waiting for this!
Oh, okay. Have fun then!

I took some time to work a little on the Turul again. I put it a sword into its mouth, this ways it looks more like a bird of prey then a buggy (;)). Also, I shortened the socket as it looked a bit too massive before. Finally, I worked a little on the texture. I reduced brightness and increased contrast of the stone material. This ways it sticks out less and the fine structure of the socket is more obvious. I decided to use the same monument for the Huns as well - the only difference will be, that the Huns monument will be without the coat of arms.

Oh, okay. Have fun then!

Thanks! I really need a break (not from modding, but from work)

I took some time to work a little on the Turul again. I put it a sword into its mouth, this ways it looks more like a bird of prey then a buggy (;)). Also, I shortened the socket as it looked a bit too massive before. Finally, I worked a little on the texture. I reduced brightness and increased contrast of the stone material. This ways it sticks out less and the fine structure of the socket is more obvious. I decided to use the same monument for the Huns as well - the only difference will be, that the Huns monument will be without the coat of arms.

Nice. (it's ok to shorten the statue, but it's a small bit too short perhaps now?)

Hmmm... I don't think so. Let's wait for Absinthes opinion.

Hey avain, I've got an idea. Walter Hawkwood posted a package with citystyles in Geos thread. The attachment shows a picture from the asian citystyle. If I remove the stilts (the things under the houses) and you would set up some texture, we could turn it into something like this:
Spoiler :

The roofs are already okay as they are, I'd say. I'm still optimistic that someone would make as a székelykapu which might fit to these buildings. Just don't know for which era these houses would be good. What do you think?

Hey avain, I've got an idea. Walter Hawkwood posted a package with citystyles in Geos thread. The attachment shows a picture from the asian citystyle. If I remove the stilts (the things under the houses) and you would set up some texture, we could turn it into something like this:
Spoiler :

The roofs are already okay as they are, I'd say. I'm still optimistic that someone would make as a székelykapu which might fit to these buildings. Just don't know for which era these houses would be good. What do you think?

Great idea! Actually, I think it's pretty suitable for medieval (could be dominant), renaissance and even industrial (some).

I'm really happy how the Hungarian citystyle is shaping up, good work cool3a2!

Great idea! Actually, I think it's pretty suitable for medieval (could be dominant), renaissance and even industrial (some).

I'm really happy how the Hungarian citystyle is shaping up, good work cool3a2!
So, how we'll do it? I guess we could even work parallel as Walter put it online separately. On the other side you are on vacations. So enjoy them while I start on the houses shapes. I will upload my houses in a separate package so you can load it. While you work on the texture (after you'll be back) I can start with the xml part.

I also though about using the default renaissance citystyle for industrial times. Then we could use these houses as medieval and renaissance cityset.

So, how we'll do it? I guess we could even work parallel as Walter put it online separately. On the other side you are on vacations. So enjoy them while I start on the houses shapes. I will upload my houses in a separate package so you can load it. While you work on the texture (after you'll be back) I can start with the xml part.

I also though about using the default renaissance citystyle for industrial times. Then we could use these houses as medieval and renaissance cityset.

Ok.
I have another suggestion: you could try ask hrocland to make some buildings for us! He's very talented and is back it seems.

Good idea. Should I ask him whether he should do that job for us or should I tell him that he should concentrate on modern buildings? If the latter, we should do a picture search first.

BTW: I requested a székelykapu.

I've done a picture search for the modern citystyle. Although I didn't find pictures showing 1005 what I was thinking of, these come more or less close to it:
Spoiler :

I am waiting for your opinions and suggestions.

Yeah, houses like that. So if you agree I request such a cityset from hrochland, besides of the medieval cityset, the kopja fa and the székelykapu. Even if he takes one or two of them, it would be a progress.

That would be cool, Freya. I just wrote hrochland a pm, but I guess all the requests are a bit too much for one person. Just to set up a complete list what we / I would need:
- modern citystyle
- kopja fa (see graphics modification request thread*)
- székelykapu (see graphics modification request thread*)
- medieval citystyle
(all for Hungary)

- hun palace (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171898&page=26, post #508), the picture is a reconstruction anyways and it might be too big this ways, so you might simplify it if you want

*at the moment, they are pretty much at the end of the thread, so you should find it easily.

I sorted the list roughly after their priority. Note, that the medieval cityset would be incredibly important, but if nothing else helps, I and avain could set up one (... that would be less perfect, I guess, then if an experienced art modder would give it a go). Also, the székelykapu would be nice as a part of the medieval cityset (something we could get problems with if I and avain would have to do the cityset).
The Hun palace is by far less important, but on the other side, it is a quite old idea I had, so I thought I might remind the comunity :).
So, all in all, there is enough work for two or even three modders. Feel free to use this thread for coordinating your works. You might start with a suggestion, Freya, as you are the first that recognized our needs. I will support you both with pictures if necessary and I am pretty sure that Absinthe Red and avain will do the same once they are back from their vacations.

I might go for the medieval cityset then since i think WalterHawkwood is doing an eastern european industrial set which you might be able to use as your modern one. How would you like it to look? Do you like the gate-thingy to be attached to a fence surrounding the houses or does the gates stand alone in front of the houses? It would be great if you posted some more pictures of how you would like the medieval houses to look...

I repost the pictures for the székelykapu here, that might be easier:
Spoiler :

From what I can see on the pictures and what I have seen in reallife (although not in Transylvania where the Székelys live) I'd say yes, there could be a fence. On the other side, there seem to be székelykapus that stand isolated... Maybe avain knows better what's the traditional form.

Some more pictures of houses for a medieval cityset:
Spoiler :

The roof seems to differ a little in shape. The best would be to have houses with different roofs, but it's okay if you don't want to go that deep into detail and decide for one style or all houses.

Top Bottom