Ho ho ho and a bottle of Tokaj! - A Magyar civ

It would be wise to update the first post. The download is a 'bit' outdated, and I think we'd be happy to play with the NEW mod.
Good to see you're still around, nitram! The mods version that is linked through post 1 is the latest version available. I am working on a new one and I'll release it soon. Firstly, I wanted to wait for the crown and maybe the new Árpád, but I think that will make few sense. Instead, I will finish my work on your Álmos and Rákóczi and get as most texts done as possible. Yet I have two requests to do, the hungarization for civ5 should be updated and I have some reallife issues to deal with - that will slow down things a bit. Anyways, as long as I don't have the next version online, I think I shouldn't update previews etc in post 1 as I would create a wrong impression about what is in and what not.

If you guys give me a hand with some texts, things might go a bit faster. I think that I will update post 1 with the english civilopedia texts I created for your additional leaders. Also, there are some untranslated diplomacy texts (no hungarian!) - we should fix that. Well, I will have them added to post one as well - may they be translated by whomever feels atracted to do so.

Oh yeah, those texts
Sry cool, I should have finished those looong ago :blush:

No prob! I haven't done all the english texts yet either. Not to mention that we haven't talked about those missing diplo texts yet at all. I will add what I have to post 1 this evening.

Oops, I forgot to add the texts to post last evening. I'll do so this afternoon.

Oops, I forgot to add the texts to post last evening. I'll do so this afternoon.

No prob
Hopefully I will have time to finish all of them this weekend

Okay, I have added the texts to post 1, but not as text to the post itself, but as attachment as the posts text would have become too long. The text will be hardly readable this ways, but you might copy it to a doc-file or something. I haven't done texts for all of nitrams leaders yet, I will do more later. For now, these texts should be enough work already. Do not get a hard-attack by those diplotexts - they are short, generic and some of them might be reused for other leaders as well. Still, try to get the idea I or someone else had when writing the english texts. Szent Istváns texts for example, are meant to be spiritual, so he won't say just 'Helló' (oh, that's ironic somehow in context with hungarian leaders considering the origin of that word), but rather 'Isten áldjon' or something.

I've just reuploaded the text file to post 1 adding texts for Rákóczi, Horthy (pretty long!) and Szapolyai. We'll still need text for Lajos I and IStván Báthory. The former one is complicated because the Wikipedia texts are pretty long and not in chronologic order, but ordered in categories such as military and domnestic politics. I'm really not the right man to set up an almost entirely new text though. The latter is even more complicated as the person in question is not this one, but this one - so the text is pretty short providing almost no valuable information. I'd need to search for another source. Yet I want at least the english texts as well as the translations for the missing diplotexts done for the next stable version of this mod - and I certainly don't want to mess with any other beta.

As far as my own testing of the mod goes, I couldn't spot any bug yet - and I played till the age of nuclear bombs. There is just one issue: I'd like to replace the barbarian city Magyar, yet I failed doing so. If I add a text entry for that city in my mods text file renaming the city to Magna Hungaria, the city remians Magyar while there doesn't seem to be any trace of Magna Hungaria. If I add a module for the Barbarians editing the citylist and replacing the citylists entry for Magyar with one for Magna Hungaria, both cities occur. Not to mention that the latter technique would be ugly. Well, minor issue. Yet besides of the texts mentioned above, I stilll have to add additional sound.

So all in all, minor things to do. If my two tester would give me reports about their results and if I'd have the missing stuff added, I could release a new version finally.

Got back from my vacation tonight, still a little exhausted ;)
I will test the new version this weekend

I'll have time to mess with graphical bugs from sunday on, so it wouldn't be a problem to do the work by my own. I already fixed the following:
- the medieval library wasn't showing up (xml mistake)
- the modern colosseum was glossy (added mipmaps)
- while in build queue, the gémeskút-like aqueduct caused a bug so that the cities interface disappeared if zoomed in (removed the kfm from the xml; instead, with help form The_J and The_Coyote, I 'hardcoded' the animation into the nif so that it now works animated properly)
- did a lot work on the buildings sizes in the cityscreen
So these were the problems I found already. Hope you didn't waste time now. All in all, I think it would be more productive if you would share work with Absinthe addressing the hungarian texts, but of course, I won't force you to do so. I know it can be boring work. In any case, let me know what bugs you have found - we could at least share work on the graphical issues. Not to mention that none of us should waste time doing work the other already did.

Also, as it is now known that I gave you a beta (you two are the only ones, though), we can have discussed any bug we find in this thread.

I have finished Lajos' text (not yet released) and set up all the leaders xml (traits etc). I will do my best to get a text for Báthori, although I think I will write two sentences only mentioning the date of birth and death, his rank and who his son was. Báthori is hard anyways, so I reused Szapolyais definitions for him as he was a supporter of him. No clue what else I could do. Besides of this, I introduced the hungarian dances by Brahms as sound.
I will have to work on the german texts, but bseides of this, there's nothing I could do, I think. Haven't even found new graphical glitches either.

I have attached the missing two texts for Báthory and Lajos to post #1. Lajos english text is a translation by me based on a german text I extracted from Wikipedia - I think the translation is bad... Feel free to correct and to ask me if something is unclear there.
I already added the english and german texts to the leaders gametext files, formatted them and took care for invalid characters (this version is not included in post #1) - only Báthori is missing, but I'll add his texts this evening. Last thing I plan to do for this version, besides of finishing the Báthory LH, is having another look at the leaders civilopedia texts to make their texts resemble the default style of formating better. Besides of this, I'm waiting on you guys reporting me bugs and translating the texts...

Great!
It seems the release of the new version is closing ;)

Great!
It seems the release of the new version is closing
That mostly depends on you two ;)

That mostly depends on you two ;)

Don't worry, already finished a couple texts
Probably all of them will be ready in a few days

No prob, nitram, if you would only tell me what didn't work properly, I could fix it myself and save you some time.

EDIT:
Don't worry, already finished a couple texts
Probably all of them will be ready in a few days
Good to hear and thank you for your efforts!

Not really, sorry. I'd have to finish that Báthory that I'd like to provide with this mod (meaning he will be disabled by default) and of course, I'm still waiting for some translations that should be in in any case.

Top Bottom