Ho ho ho and a bottle of Tokaj! - A Magyar civ

Having lived in Buda for a couple of years, this is the exact mod I've been looking for. Thanks :goodjob:

Anima Croatorum said:
same with my Croatia mod, no Trieste, Mostar, Kotor or Zemun)

please if you can explain to me when mostar, kotor and zemun were in croatian state except in NDH, what i don't like to cll croatian state coz i don't belive that are all croats like that

Border between Hungary and Croatia was defined along the rivers of Drava and Danube. In medieval times, although Croatia in theory, Srijem was governed by Hungary. After we defeated the Turks the border went along the rivers with Petrovaradin and Zemun in Croatia-Slavonia, although it was governed directly by the Austrian army until the disolution of the military border. 1699.-1918.

Kotor was mostly an independent Dalmatian comune, at times vassal of Byzantium, Venice or the Kingdom of Hungary, Croatia, Slavonia and Dalmatia. As it is south of Drava and falls under the Triune Kingdom of Croatia, Slavonia and Dalmatia. Later, after Napoleon, it became part of Dalmatia, although it was governed as a crown land of Austria, it was still part of Dalmatia, one of Croat kingdoms. And Kotor was not in NDH, it went to Italy. And if you want ancient history, it was part of Red Croatia in 8th century. :p

As for Mostar, for most medieval period southern Croatian border went along the river Neretva, that would put the location where Mostar would be founded later into Croatia, earlier settlments existed at that location. After we revolted against the Turks and liberated Bosnia it was first under Austrian occupation, then after annexation of Bosnia it remained in a limbo between the two parts of the monarchy. While it was never part of Croatia proper, it was part of a Croat state. Since it it a mostly Croat town the logic to include it is similar to the logic to include Banja Luka as a Serbian town, with the exception that Mostar region was part of Croatia while Banja Luka region was never part of Serbia.

Trieste... Trieste is ours! At least until the Allies forced us out in June '45. J/K

As for the NDH period, I dont bother with it, since it was not a Croat state, but a Nazi puppet state.

Somebody can help me to set a civ?/Tudna valaki segiteni, hogy tudjak játszani pl. a nagyar civvel?

Keli, whats the problem?

Unpack the zip into your Mods folder(IE. C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods)

Run game
Click on 'Advanced'
Click on 'Load a mod'
Select the Magyar mod

The game will restart and once you get to the main menu you should see a small magyar tage at the edge of the screen.

Start a new game and select the Magyar civ and one of the leaders and play.

anima can you please give me some historical evidience for that long boring and false story. i don't want to offend you but..... please

A request for gamers who speak Hungarian. Could someone pls record ten select and ten order sounds, or at least post them(but if you do expect your Hungarian troops to speak with Croatian accent)

To customize sounds I need:

10 sounds for selection
10 sounds for orders

At least one song for the leaders. Something instrumental would be best.

Anyone got some good csardas mp3? Or I could use Franz Liszt - Piano Sonata in B minor. But csardas would be better

I´m afraid I cannot record samples, but I will ask others on the hungarian forums. If you would exatly describe the words (e.g. in english) you´d like to hear, that would help a lot. In which format should the samples recorded?

About music: The original game already has Brahms´s Hungarian dances, although the IV. part is the most widely known around here, which is not implemented. (O.K., I know Brahms was not hungarian in genre, but his Hungarian dances are based on the popular - and stereotypical, but still quite authentic - musical elements of his era.) I think that would fit, if you have a copy. If not, I will ask my fellow countrymen. ;)

Here's the list of what Americans say:

Orders:
As you wish
Move out
Certainly
We're on it
No problem
Consider it done
Very well
On our way
Lets get moving
You can count on us

Selection:
Reporting for duty
At your service
Tell me what to do
Awaiting your order
Ready for action
Whats the plan?
Yes?
Your orders?
What do you need?
All present at accounted for

Feel free to translate more freely so that it sounds good and makes sense in Hungarian, since the phrases are bound to be different.

O.K., operetts are considered to be a bit "lighter" (cheaper), but are well known too. (Because they also mostly have lyrics, and not always very bright ones, some people dislike them, others not.) The operetts of Imre Kálmán are a big success in the USA and Japan (!?) nowadays. (I can´t imagine, why are the japanese so keen on them, but it´s fact. I don´t think you plan to sell your mod on those markets, but good to know... :lol:)

Operettes are the only thing that makes theatre bearable. Most operas are boring. The reason why I was picking for something 'lighter' is a sound that is directly identifiable with Hungary. Brahms might do, but I wanted something... spicier ;-)

I copied and posted your list on the forum I visit regularly. We´ll see...

There´s music called Monty Csárdás, it´s purely instrumental and considered to be a bravour-piece amongst musicians. Maybe a bit too fast though...

Top Bottom