(Hoax) Civilization VI - Trailer

GREAT! And nice video!

Maybe all the people portrayed are leaders you can choose from, so there are 3-5 per country.

Or, my dream, the leaders change with the times... No more eternal 4000 year old leaders...

Mathias Corvinus, probably. He was on the tomb, after all.

EDIT: ... despite the hoax, I still think Corvinus should be the Hungarian leader. If Hungary is in the game after all.

Sorry, but I think this is a fan's mash-up, not a genuine Firaxis/2K video. No voice-over (no Sean Bean?). More importantly, it appears to focus entirely on Hungarian history (conversion to Christianity, wars with the Mongols, dealings with the HRE and Ottomans, incorporation into Austria-Hungary, WW2, communist rule and liberation), which seems highly unlikely to me. But the clincher, to me, are the still images from CivBE trailers (see a few images here).

Sorry, but I think this is a fan's mash-up, not a genuine Firaxis/2K video. No voice-over (no Sean Bean?). More importantly, it appears to focus entirely on Hungarian history (conversion to Christianity, wars with the Mongols, dealings with the HRE and Ottomans, incorporation into Austria-Hungary, WW2, communist rule and liberation), which seems highly unlikely to me. But the clincher, to me, are the still images from CivBE trailers (see a few images here).

Hey, did you just quote my reddit post? :p

It's a WEIRD one: TOO MUCH emphasis put on Hungary (I don't mind it being a new civ, in fact I think I love the idea, but it's a strange choice for a trailer). And it reuses some scenes from the Rising Tide intro.

I was going to say that the animation and character models didn't look good enough for what I expect from Firaxis in 2016. Also, doesn't fit with the style of the previous trailer and promotional material.

I'm glad it's a hoax.

Moderator Action: Threads merged, title changed

It looks like everyone has figured it out, but just to officially confirm: this is totally 100% certified fake.

Top Bottom