Hockey free agency

WildFire

amour
Can't believe there isn't a topic here...

Bruins signed leetch to a 1 year $4 million deal...

how stupid can they be?!

WildFire said:
Can't believe there isn't a topic here...

Bruins signed leetch to a 1 year $4 million deal...

how stupid can they be?!

Sux's, Forsburg & Foote not in av's uniforms, Macarty not a wing, Modeno almost not a star--just not right

I don't get that forsberg thing.

WHY would the flyers sign him?! Now they're going to HAVE to let primeau or roenick go.

And gonchar is a penguin so that sucks for Bruin fans. And Satan was already picked up... we're running low already :/

WildFire said:
I don't get that forsberg thing.

WHY would the flyers sign him?! Now they're going to HAVE to let primeau or roenick go.

And gonchar is a penguin so that sucks for Bruin fans. And Satan was already picked up... we're running low already :/
If I'm Flyer management, I'm thinking that Forsberg (who has skill, grit and Stanley Cups) easily outweighs Primeau (who only has size) and JR (who only has a mouth). I've watched the Sens dismantle the Flyers twice in the playoffs; Forsberg is the anti-thesis of those two choke dogs.

What is amazing me is that the Flames and Oilers are starting to look like the Flames and Oilers of the 80's and that the Blackhawks are apparently signing some talent...

Boston and Ottawa have remained mostly silent so far. The Sens don't have a lot of cap space, but a good nucleus, so that doesn't worry me too much. The Bruins have a lot of cap space, but free agents haven't exactly fled to Beantown... except for Leetch, who is not exactly in his prime anymore.

Strange.

Carolina got Stillman from TB, maybe he can score a 'little' for us :scan: . It
looks like they may be league weaklings again :sad: .

Forsberg is a big-time player, although injured quite alot.

as a flyers fan, i love the forsberg signing...rumors out of philly say that roenick or handzus will go.

philly is now mighty deep up the middle: forsberg, primeau, handzus or roenick, and richards and/or carter (young guns).

getting forsberg, to me, helps ease the pain of that waste of flesh that was eric lindros.

El Justo said:
as a flyers fan, i love the forsberg signing...rumors out of philly say that roenick or handzus will go.

philly is now mighty deep up the middle: forsberg, primeau, handzus or roenick, and richards and/or carter (young guns).

getting forsberg, to me, helps ease the pain of that waste of flesh that was eric lindros.

Sorry John, my Philly love ends with the 'Fightins' and I hate they got him.
My daughter loved Forsberg when she was little and we even went to see
him play :cool: . Somehow I think he may not yet be 100% or I think the
Avs would have done all in their power to keep him. We will see shortly. :scan:

News at lunch was Roenick to Kings ;)

Avs' sign Brisebois, though. This one blunder ruins Lacroix's reputation as a hockey mind for ever.

This new free agent stuff surely makes things interesting, new faces in new
places :cool: .

mastertyguy said:
@ pboily: Brisebois is a good guy. He went to 2nd round, unlike the sens!!! :lol:

The Habs and the Sens are Hurricane nightmares :mad: , they can't seem
to beat them :cry: .

mastertyguy said:
@ pboily: Brisebois is a good guy. He went to 2nd round, unlike the sens!!! :lol:
Come on, if you could choose between Brisebois and Chara or Redden, who would you chose? Patrice Brisebois is the Kevin Haller of the late 90s - early 2000s.

dgfred said:
The Habs and the Sens are Hurricane nightmares :mad: , they can't seem
to beat them :cry: .
Well, the Canes went to the Finals more often than the Sens and Habs combined over the last 10 years...

pboily said:
Come on, if you could choose between Brisebois and Chara or Redden, who would you chose? Patrice Brisebois is the Kevin Haller of the late 90s - early 2000s.
Well, the sens got were beaten by the leafs, while the Habs won over the Bruins. But clearly, I would take Chara over Brisebois. Our def is weak. But you only need one player to have success on the defensive side, and we got it. The sens had it, too, but no more.
Brisebois was certainly not a #1 defenseman, but he was the best in town, so... On 2nd-3rd defensive unit, he can make a fine job.

pboily said:
JR (who only has a mouth).

:lol: Here's to hoping that big fat gob of his gets him left out in the cold.

The Leafs seem to be sitting pretty stagnant right now. I'll miss Roberts and Nieuwendyk, but when one has to limit their resources, I'm afraid they're just not worth holding onto.

El Justo said:
man, it's good to talk (write) hockey again! ain't it?!

I'll be here the whole season ;)

The Bruins are in 'decent' shape right now. Oddly enough, their strongest position is at goalie which has been their weak spot in the past decade.

And they desparately need a right winger...

sysyphus said:
The Leafs seem to be sitting pretty stagnant right now. I'll miss Roberts and Nieuwendyk, but when one has to limit their resources, I'm afraid they're just not worth holding onto.
I really thought free agents would line up to play for the Leafs. Seeing as they'll make as much money in most of the markets from now on, and seeing that a lot of them grew up cheering for Toronto, why didn't Niedermayer and co. elect to play in their own backyard?

Are Jeff O'Neil and Jason Allison truly the best that would come to Hogtown? Surely, the management could have let Antropov go and try to keep one of Nieuwendyk or Roberts? Sysyphus, as much as I dislike your club, they certainly have better hockey sense than this. What's going on? Why aren't they buying out the pylons and letting the skill get away. Cripes, even Domi is going to skip out of town. I'll miss the little bugger...

Although, to be fair, the Sens haven't exactly made ripples out there... I mean, apart from re-signing Denis Hamel. Denis Hamel. Denis Freakin' Hamel. We didn't have enough to get to the Big Show with these guys, so we decide to re-sign Denis Hamel. WTF??? Why aren't we actively pursuing some grit à la Roberts? Who's still available, Martin Lapointe?

And now the Flyers have loaded up big time. I'm going to get ulcers this year, I can feel it.

Top Bottom