Hoenn Region for Civilization IV (97 x 61)

Dragonxander PR

Emperor of the Drakons
Available for download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15414

Name: Hoenn Region for Civ IV

Size: 97 x 61 tiles (regular Large map is 104 x 68 tiles), flat

Description: This map is based on the Pokémon region of Hoenn. Overall, the land along the routes is intended to be similar as what's seen on the videogame. Outside the routes, the land is placed in more varied ways, for balance's sake. The topography is base primarily on the map of the region, and the hydrography is placed rather freely, but also more or less in accordance to the map.

This map has 12 pre-programmed starting locations, & the map is intended to be used with 12 civilizations at a time (otherwise it would be too empty). The locations coincide almost always with cities or towns of the videogame, save for one location in an area distant from cities & towns. Since the map isn't a global one, height is the main factor for climates distribution, with the elevated areas being colder (the notable exception is an island on the upper right area of the map).

This map doesn't include any goodie huts.

To install:

- Make sure to have either 7-zip File Manager, Windows Zip or any other file decompressing software compatible with the 7z files
- Download the file & extract it
- Place the file in your WorldBuilder saves folder ( ...\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder\ )

The screenshots are available in the main download page. And just for the heads-up, this map is much more fertile than the usual Civ IV maps (tundra, ice & deserts are all scarce).

You know, you can get Civ IV complete quite cheaply nowadays (some online offers are in the range of US $5-$15); you could also look for similar offers on local stores. Still, I can understand why you're so interested in the map. In fact, if you manage to get Civ IV, you could help me make corrections to the map; as I did the terrain from the game's map and from memory of the videogame.

Well, I can't get it because it'd take too much memory on my com. :( Anywho, I only want to play the map, not actually play the game, I'm sure you understand.

Actually, I hope you don't mind but I made a CivV Hoenn map too and put it on the CivV page. Uh, I haven't been able to upload it yet, but sorry if I stole your idea. :( It's just I really loooove pokemon and Hoenn has always been my favorite region, you know.

You wouldn't be stealing it if you came up with it on your own (even if you got the idea from me, I don't have any problem with it); also, I still use Civ IV because I'm waiting for Civ V to be improved; as well as to wait until my first year of college studies conclude (in order to keep the game from taking away too much of my studying time).

Top Bottom