HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 55 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to the reverend for the highest score of the update with a Standard, Marathon, Monarch, Domination game for 305126 points.

lymond was the most active player during this update, submitting 7 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
hhhawk - 1170 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 184078 points
jesusin - 1250 AD, Tiny, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 145748 points
jesusin - 1340 AD, Tiny, Normal, Deity, Cultural game for 108652 points
neilmeister - 1420 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Cultural game for 60238 points
neilmeister - 1620 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Space Colony game for 149355 points
Seraiel - 1265 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 51321 points
Seraiel - 1715 AD, Large, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 185166 points
Seraiel - 1820 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 21262 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 182 - Space Colony, Warlord, Ancient, Small, Normal, Great Plains
1st enKage 1590 AD
2nd lymond 1605 AD
3rd Htadus 1640 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 183 - Cultural, Deity, Ancient, Small, Epic, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
hhhawk with a 1170 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 184078 points.
jesusin with a 1340 AD, Tiny, Normal, Deity, Cultural game for 108652 points.
jesusin with a 1250 AD, Tiny, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 145748 points.
neilmeister with a 1420 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Cultural game for 60238 points.
neilmeister with a 1620 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Space Colony game for 149355 points.
Seraiel with a 1715 AD, Large, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 185166 points.
neilmeister with a 1470 AD, Huge, Quick, Immortal, Cultural game for 49316 points.
lymond with a 450 AD, Large, Normal, Monarch, Conquest game for 81486 points.
enKage with a 1555 AD, Small, Epic, Noble, Space Colony game for 197577 points.
enKage with a 1590 AD, Small, Normal, Warlord, Space Colony game for 93199 points.
Karl_t_great with a 1605 AD, Duel, Quick, Chieftain, Space Race game for 30276 points.
Karl_t_great with a 1770 AD, Duel, Normal, Chieftain, Space Race game for 20678 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
enKage with a 1555 AD, Small, Epic, Noble, game for 197577 points.
the reverend with a 1745 AD, Large, Normal, Monarch, game for 153528 points.
lymond with a 1605 AD, Small, Normal, Warlord, game for 118743 points.
the reverend with a 1635 AD, Large, Epic, Chieftain, game for 98342 points.

Thx hhhawk for stealing the #1 slot to the game I played and about which I published a video in regard to the community, after me having published that video, and with a cheap Incan-game. You just proved, that you don't have any form of respect and that you're the cheapest of the cheapest.

What's most unfortunate about you though, is, that that game, is the only HoF #1 you have, otherwise, I'd now have an enemy worthy of playing against.

Like this, I'm only forced to commit a little work, to push you back to where you belong, which is on the 2nd place, or even further behind that.

Thx hhhawk for stealing the #1 slot to the game I played and about which I published a video in regard to the community, after me having published that video, and with a cheap Incan-game. You just proved, that you don't have any form of respect and that you're the cheapest of the cheapest.

What's most unfortunate about you though, is, that that game, is the only HoF #1 you have, otherwise, I'd now have an enemy worthy of playing against.

Like this, I'm only forced to commit a little work, to push you back to where you belong, which is on the 2nd place, or even further behind that.

Are you really complaining about getting beaten with your "cheap" OCC diplo game? I hear you tarnishing an Inca game (submitted for a competition) and chuckle.

Your comments are quite arrogant and condescending, especially considering you played an OCC. Perhaps you should compete directly with a two-time HoF Challenger series champ in the challenge series, and not your peripheral EQM endeavors.

Maybe you don't want to be shown up again!!!:lol:

Wow, while the time I was away, shulec's new powers have corrupted his mind. :lol:
Or maybe not. He's as acerb as his usual. :lmao:

I call 'em like I see 'em!

If I only knew what "acerb" meant... and it doesn't even look French!

Edit: great word Tachy-- sharply bitter or severe. You actually hit the nail on the head!!!

I claim to be impartial as a staffer, but acerbic as an HoF'er!

Like they says: French people: they are quite clear to describe in detail the ideas they want to convey. And if one is japanese, it's the perfect language to mess one's mind and manipulate it. :lol:

And "Acerbe" does exist in french. I just pre-checked if the word existed in english and without surprise, it did.

Are you really complaining about getting beaten with your "cheap" OCC diplo game? I hear you tarnishing an Inca game (submitted for a competition) and chuckle.

Your comments are quite arrogant and condescending, especially considering you played an OCC. Perhaps you should compete directly with a two-time HoF Challenger series champ in the challenge series, and not your peripheral EQM endeavors.

Maybe you don't want to be shown up again!!!:lol:

Very good shulec.

On additional voice to drive me away from CIV.

And I already had thought, that the HoF'ers were actually ok, but Tachy and you have shown me differently. With that cheap attack of hhhusk I now have 3 good reasons to play something different.

I'm sure moderators will give me the 4th reason too.

Very good shulec.

On additional voice to drive me away from CIV.

Don't take me too seriously! I am just playing with you. I like to try to knock the top players down a peg when they are too cocky!!!:mwaha:

And I already had thought, that the HoF'ers were actually ok, but Tachy and you have shown me differently. With that cheap attack of hhhusk I now have 3 good reasons to play something different.

I'm sure moderators will give me the 4th reason too.

No thanks for giving you a deity G-Minor? That one is for you!

With that cheap attack of ....

I'm not sure you understood shulec. He explained that the Incan Epic/Small/Diplo game is required for the challenge series. hhhawk didn't make a cheap attack on you personally. All of the challenge players will be submitting an Inca game for that slot. I think you just made a bad choice to go for a #1 slot that was already in the challenge series.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
hhhawk - 1170 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 184078 points
jesusin - 1250 AD, Tiny, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 145748 points
jesusin - 1340 AD, Tiny, Normal, Deity, Cultural game for 108652 points
neilmeister - 1420 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Cultural game for 60238 points
neilmeister - 1620 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Space Colony game for 149355 points
Seraiel - 1265 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 51321 points
Seraiel - 1715 AD, Large, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 185166 points
Seraiel - 1820 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 21262 points

Congratulations to all four players taking on Deity this update and gaining at least one #1 position too!

Congratulations to all others that submitted games on other levels, some taking #1 slots as well!

Seems like there were many more games submitted this update or at least better quality games.

Sun Tzu Wu

... about which I published a video in regard to the community, after me having published that video...

I am sorry if my comments come across to serious. As I reread them, they actually look more confrontational than in jest.

I hope in no way this would deter you grand contributions to the Civ IV HoF. :(

Can we get a HoF link to your video???

I'm not sure you understood shulec. He explained that the Incan Epic/Small/Diplo game is required for the challenge series. hhhawk didn't make a cheap attack on you personally. All of the challenge players will be submitting an Inca game for that slot. I think you just made a bad choice to go for a #1 slot that was already in the challenge series.

That changes things. TY.

I wouldn't have suspected that the challenge series would include Incan games unless for the AW game, so I had been under the impression that hhhawk actually saw my video and heard about the #1 HoF comment in it, and then sat himself down and thought "let's destroy that" , just like when we had that recent discussion about neilmeister having played a #1 and asking players not to go for that slot for at least the upcomming update, and STW said that "some immature players might wanna steal him thunder" , and that's what I thought happened to me in this case.

So I apologize for having ranted and will continue playing for HoF and taking videos of it now.

@Seraiel: for the record, I had the intention of aiming for that Deity/Small/Epic/Diplo slot without realizing for a second that it was conflicting with either the Challenge or your video slot... :crazyeye: It was a rather weak spot to be fair.

(you'll notice that the game I posted in the awesome starts thread is on Normal speed; it was a mistake I wanted it to be Epic)

It could also have been an innocent mistake on my part!

I hope all this bantering is just a joke as it doesn't make a lick of sense to me

You should play an MMO once lymond .

If it makes more sense to you btw.:

Me: Misunderstood the situation.
Tachy + Shulec: Teasing.
Me: Raging.
WastinTime: Explaining the situation.
Me: Understanding now and being ok again.

I hope that the above is no form of trolling, and that it's ok that I explain the conversation.

Howdy. I hate to interrupt this thread but what exactly is going on with these games I see on the homepage whenever I log on? Can anyone join these and if so what do you do/how do you do it? I am looking to advance my gameplay through more challenges as I have become more successful/strategic at this game as the years have gone on!

Thank you!!

If you haven't already done so, please read this web page and follow what it says to participate:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/rules.php

In any case, please ask questions. This thread is fine, but HoF or BUFFY questions are best asked in their respective stickied (the topmost threads that are designated by the HoF staff to always be listed first) HoF thread.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom