HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 34 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to bcool for the highest score of the update with a Huge, Epic, Immortal, Space Colony game for 428465 points.

NobleZarkon was the most active player during this update, submitting 7 games.

Only 7 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
jesusin - 1280 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 114821 points
jesusin - 1295 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 108482 points
Kaitzilla - 805 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Conquest game for 87905 points
Kaitzilla - 1270 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 112499 points
kovacsflo - 1340 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 99160 points
kovacsflo - 1330 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 92242 points
Pious_Pete - 1740 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 39949 points
Pious_Pete - 1630 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 54426 points
Pious_Pete - 1752 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 53428 points
Pious_Pete - 1690 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 45618 points
Pious_Pete - 1774 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 58465 points
Seraiel - 1305 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 92360 points
Seraiel - 1210 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 97771 points
WastinTime - 1160 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 109435 points
ZPV - 1200 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 103239 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 183 - Cultural, Deity, Ancient, Small, Epic, (check options)
1st WastinTime 1160 AD
2nd ZPV 1200 AD 103,239 points
3rd Seraiel 1210 AD 97,771 points

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 184 - Religious, Noble, Any Era, Large, Epic, Great Plains, Persia

A number of players gained number one positions:
Kaitzilla with a 1270 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 112499 points.
WastinTime with a 1160 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 109435 points.

bcool with a 1555 AD, Huge, Epic, Immortal, Space Colony game for 428465 points.

NobleZarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Small, Marathon, Noble, Time game for 28249 points.

iihbki3 with a 920 AD, Huge, Normal, Chieftain, Domination game for 102750 points.

iihbki3 with a 1510 AD, Huge, Quick, Settler, Space Colony game for 31256 points.

Congratulations to WastinTime's top finish in G-minor 183 and to everyone that submitted a game; I just finished my final game (after five incomplete or lost games) just over five hours past the actual update time (deadline). Great 2nd and 3rd place efforts ZPV and Seraiel.

Congratulations to Kaitzilla's new Deity, Large, Epic Cultural #1 game.

Congratulations to everyone else that sumbitted a game this update or even secured a #1 game.

Sun Tzu Wu

Congratulations to WastinTime's top finish in G-minor 183 and to everyone that submitted a game; I just finished my final game

Thanks, What was your finish date?
It's a shame you didn't get in on time to make 12 total submissions. I think it's been a while since we had that many. But then 11 submissions is probably a milestone too.

Thanks, What was your finish date?
It's a shame you didn't get in on time to make 12 total submissions. I think it's been a while since we had that many. But then 11 submissions is probably a milestone too.

You are welcome!

The only game that I finished wasn't even close to a contender for the top slots. My goal was simply to win a game in the final hours of the gauntlet. It was turn 328 (1540 AD) which is actually a personal best. I have never played a Deity Cultural game that wasn't for a HOF Gauntlet or Challenge game. I'm ok with missing the deadline; I should have played faster or paced the game better; I probably could have finished it Sunday rather than Tuesday evening. It was a peaceful game with Sitting Bull and De-Gaulle on either side; other AIs were Gandhi and Mansa Musa. I planned to DoW De Gaulle for a Worker, but chickened out due to his Archer being so close to Athens. I was hoping to complete several early great wonders, but I didn't build any great wonders, except The Sistine Chapel and that without Marble. I didn't have Stone either. Traded for Copper until my culture stole one of De Gaulle's two Copper plots. Build mainly early cultural buildings, including religious buildings for Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism and Taoism (founded via bulbing Philosophy). Got Islam via a late 7th city, but didn't build more than its Temple and Monastery in the three cultural cities; the Islamic Mosque was too expensive and got started too late to finish it. Build four cathedrals in each cultural city. I built many cottages, but very few matured to towns and villages by the Liberalism turn or even by the end of the game. Was first to Music (settled the GA in Athens), but lost the Liberalism race by 8t. Was eventually able to complete Printing Press about 10t before the end of the game via scientists in cities that could no longer generate Great Artists. Generated two Great Scientists (bulbed Philosophy and Education) and ten Great Artists that created Great Works in ratios 1/4/5. I'm do better next time. ;)

This Deity Cultural gauntlet was very popular indeed. Hopefully, there will be more of them to come.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom