HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 22 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Mad2rix for the highest score of the update with a Small, Marathon, Monarch, Domination game for 381752 points.

neilmeister was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
kovacsflo - 1715 AD, Large, Quick, Deity, Space Colony game for 83924 points
Mad2rix - 660 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 189007 points
Sir Drake - 1612 AD, Small, Marathon, Deity, Domination game for 214757 points
sossos - 1000 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 365785 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 190 - Space Colony, Noble, Ancient, Standard, Quick, Boreal, (check options)
1st Walter_Wolf - 1830 AD
2nd cas - 1900 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 191 - Diplomatic, Prince, Ancient, Standard, Normal, Pangaea, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
kovacsflo with a 1715 AD, Large, Quick, Deity, Space Colony game for 83924 points.
sossos with a 1000 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 365785 points.

Firmlife with a Jan 2050 AD, Huge, Epic, Emperor, Time game for 28139 points.
neilmeister with a 1595 AD, Huge, Normal, Emperor, Cultural game for 45822 points.
neilmeister with a 1520 AD, Large, Normal, Emperor, Cultural game for 52741 points.

Walter_Wolf with a 1830 AD, Standard, Quick, Noble, Space Colony game for 67179 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
None​

Congratulations kovacsflo and sossos on pushing the Deity envelope!

Congratulations FirmLife on your Epic Time game! It must have been exhausting.

孫子武

Thanks Sun Tzu. I actually enjoyed it. I think I like modern-era warfare best and that's something you don't get to experience anywhere else in the HoF. It was a bit stressful though, wondering if all that work was going to be for naught because I miscalculated a border pop or an enemy's space race potential.

I'm very happy, though, highest Time Score on a Huge map, Emperor difficulty or higher.

Congratulations FirmLife, I quite enjoy Time maps but normally by the time I get to modern-era I have one opp left with 2 ice cities at opposite edges of the map! You played it a bit different - glad you enjoyed it.

The toughest thing about a time victory is avoiding winning by mistake - you are right it is nerve wracking though!

Firmlife, I also enjoyed my only (to date) Time game with an Ancient Era start.

BTW, quick military games often require modern warfare, especially the larger maps. The AIs just tech too fast, at least on Deity level.

孫子武

Top Bottom