HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 49 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Mad2rix for the highest score of the update with a Standard, Marathon, Chieftain, Domination game for 557233 points.

NobleZarkon was the most active player during this update, submitting 15 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Firmlife - 1340 AD, Huge, Epic, Deity, Cultural game for 92833 points
Pious_Pete - 1785 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 21736 points
Pious_Pete - 1790 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 22406 points
Seraiel - 1360 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Diplomatic game for 45994 points
Seraiel - 1420 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Diplomatic game for 37856 points
Sgtpeppers - 1830 AD, Duel, Quick, Deity, Space Colony game for 33326 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 192 - Religious, Emperor, Ancient, Small, Normal, Lakes, (check options)
1st Sgtpeppers 200 BC
2nd TalladegaKnight 150 BC
3rd colonelmustard 125 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 193 - Domination, Prince, Ancient, Standard, Normal, Global Highlands, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
Sgtpeppers with a 1830 AD, Duel, Quick, Deity, Space Colony game for 33326 points.

neilmeister with a 1595 AD, Huge, Normal, Emperor, Domination game for 255597 points.
shulec with a 720 AD, Standard, Marathon, Emperor, Diplomatic game for 221645 points.

Firmlife with a 1665 AD, Huge, Epic, Monarch, Cultural game for 39233 points.

TalladegaKnight with a 1330 AD, Standard, Normal, Noble, Cultural game for 67580 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
None​

Congratiulations to all participants :)

Seems to be the update with the most "just slightly missed #1's" :>

Shulec, when is the new Major Gauntlet starting? 25th?

Sera

Congratz NobleZarkon.

I know EQM is generally considered more prestigious on these boards, but I've been working on improving my standing in plain old QM.

After really working on my game for the last cultural gauntlet, I felt I had a chance at a number of cultural slots. I've played a reasonably large number of games using the same settings as my 1340AD submission and I finished three, obviously that one was the best. I had other maps that were more promising, but had trouble getting good religion spreads or building the must-have wonders.

I debated for a bit about whether to push for a number one spot since I was reasonably close. I'm discouraged by the fact that I've been playing traditional culture games and I expect they will easily be beaten by an espionage based game. I also made the decision, at least for the time being, that it makes more sense to work on other QM areas in which I can make rapid progress.

Looking forward to next round of published games everyone!

Congratiulations to all participants :)

Seems to be the update with the most "just slightly missed #1's" :>

Shulec, when is the new Major Gauntlet starting? 25th?

Sera

It will start the 25th and go for two months.

Congratulations to all who have submitted games this past update, especially deity games. In that vein congrats to Sgtpeppers for submitting another #1 deity game.

孫子武

Top Bottom