1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 16 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Dhoomstriker for the highest score of the update with a Standard, Normal, Monarch, Domination game for 166920 points.

Lazybones was the most active player during this update, submitting 7 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Deity this update:
    yyeah - 1635 AD, Large, Normal, Deity, Space Colony game for 114930 points

** Ongoing Gauntlets **
    G-Major 138 - Cultural, Emperor, Ancient, Large, Epic, (check options)
    G-Minor 202 - Domination, Monarch, Ancient, Small, Quick, Rain Forest, (check options)

2. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

Well done yyeah :) . I'm not really surprised, that you now also conquered normal speed Deity, but the time in which you achieved that, is really impressive.

3. kovacsflo

kovacsflo scientist

Hi Seraiel

Tow of eight what?

(Just because that's written under your avatar and I don't know why)

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Congrats yyeah with a great deity game. Sounds like lazybones is not very lazy after submitting 7 games :)

Think he means he is #2 of the 8 people that have completed deity elite quattromaster.

5. yyeah

yyeah Emperor

Ty guys, well but this time isnt too imressive tho, unfortunatly like i mentioned somewhere i was looking for a map with Liz for like a 1-2 weeks and i couldnt find it so i didnt play this map like i wanted to do. I was bored and just picked Mansa, pick a decent start and go for fun.
    If i would play this map like ai wanted to do this date could be bettter by hunderets of years. I belive you can do it around 1400 AD.
    But what is impressive even for me with this game is that i did it with only 15 cities.

6. Lazybones

Lazybones Chieftain

Haha yea I like the irony. Although I could argue that the games themselves were pretty lazy :lol:.

7. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

In my Large Epic 15xx Spacerace with Cathy, I also didn't have a lot of cities, because the map was Hemispheres, and I wasn't a very strong player back then. Getting many cities is still the best way to improve the finish date though. You finished 17xx, because you didn't have Mansa as a tradepartner, and 15 cities is not much too. I agree with your estimation, that 1400 AD would be possible, I thought of 1350 as a max, but I know, that that would be extremely difficult and require very much knowledge and time.

8. yyeah

yyeah Emperor

I finished 1635AD :aargh: :lol:.

And yea getting many cities is the best way to improve the finish date but i add here early enough not you know around 1000 ad or 800 or sth. We need it realy quick.
    I went this game WEs then steal becouse Darius hit Engi and i couldnt continiue with cats this is crap, this is way too slow.

What i wanted to do and i checked it and it works great, i had 1 start with liz but RNG screw me and i reloded just to see will it works. After reload RNG was fine. TO the point.
    I went for something liek Axe rush in to HAs rush. And diference beetwen only HAs rush ( 2 cities 1800-1700 BC) is that i had 1 civ down and 5 cities and HAs around 1560BC and another civ down and 12 cities in 600BC this is huge follow up to this would be Cuirs at around 200AD so we can have like maybe 30 cities at 600 AD ?.
    We have HAs for upgrade witch allso counts its not too ezy to bulid decent army at 200AD and Oxford and infrastructure.

This kind of play IMO beats Immortals on epic not mention that on quicker speed PHi trait is way better then ORG becouse we just cant set up enough( and early enough) GP farms becouse of several reasons ( ex infrastructure, city count).

Well maybe i try to play it but finding 2gold even 1 food coper start is extreamly dificult allso we need neighbour witch is doable with axes low culture, non hills cities and horses witch we can settle in 2nd city or counquer. Well i dont know do i have patience...

Maybe You have Sera :) and maybe you wana try it in R10 i think that would be very enterteining to watch :)

9. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

Patience is very important. I had incredibly much of it with others, but having it with myself, always was difficult.

Also, as it currently seems, there won't be a Replay #10, I'm sry. It's about 15 days 'til the Semester starts, that's not enough time. I haven't played for a weak. CIV playing was no fun anymore, at the level at which I played, because to keep my quality of play, I knew that I'd need to play every day, and in GM-137 I went that far, as to see playing as work, which I even repeated in the game that followed. I think, that I just can't improve further, in terms of skill, I could only improve myself, so that I have more fun while playing while keeping my level. Something changed. I still don't have anything against playing, but it just kills time, it leaves too little traces, even when playing for HoF. I think I just want to do something, that really matters, that makes the world a better place, that gives me a better life, that reduces suffering of others.

I really don't want to sound arrogant or anything, I think I'd still like playing, but I just couldn't accept worse results, than the ones I achieved. My last 2 games, were the best ones I played in my whole life, I should be happy with that and just leave it at that. :/

10. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Yikes. So we may lose both WastinTime and Seraiel in short sequence? Not good for the already low activity level in here.

Totally understand those priorities, however. At the end of the day it's just a game, and there are rather more important things in life than that.

11. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

You'll lose neither of us, WastinTime told me, that he's still following and that he gets an eMail when he recieves a PM, and I just started a game again, because I still have some time, and I don't want to quit on playing completely. I think I only wanted to know, if I can live without it.