1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Civ5 Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 100 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to TractorBoy for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Chieftain, Culture, Quick, Tiny, Fractal, America (Washington) game for 8186 points.

steveymer was the most active player during this update, submitting 8 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
    Blicero - 2720 BC, Turn 32, 1250 points, Deity, Domination, Standard, Duel, Frontier, Huns (Attila) [BNW]
    Cromagnus - 100 BC, Turn 111, 4063 points, Deity, Domination, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Huns (Attila) [BNW]
    Cromagnus - 960 AD, Turn 158, 4641 points, Deity, Domination, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Huns (Attila) [BNW]
    Dignitas - 585 AD, Turn 417, 4570 points, Deity, Domination, Marathon, Huge, Pangaea, Arabia (Harun al-Rashid) [BNW]
    Dignitas - 2360 BC, Turn 41, 2487 points, Deity, Domination, Standard, Duel, Shuffle, Ethiopia (Haile Selassie) [BNW]
    SpikeSpy - Jan 1921 AD, Turn 981, 1632 points, Deity, Culture, Marathon, Huge, Archipelago, Byzantium (Theodora) [BNW]

Gauntlet Results:
    G-Major XLIV - Science, Emperor, Standard, Pangaea, Epic, Spain (Isabella)
    1st TheMachine - 1650 AD T-350
    2nd dinanipedro - 1704 AD T-362
    3rd Foamfollower - 1728 AD T-374

G-Minor LXIX - Culture, Warlord, Small, Frontier, Standard, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur)
    1st Salomo - 200 AD T-123
    2nd KingMorgan - 300 AD T-127
    3rd HolyHandGrenade - 375 AD T-130

** New Gauntlets Starting **
    G-Major XLV - Domination, Immortal, Standard, Large Islands, Standard, Indonesia (Gajah Mada) (check options)
    G-Minor LXX - Domination, Chieftain, Standard, Pangaea, Standard, Zulu (Shaka) (check options)

2. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:

Fastest Finish (Date):
    TheMachine - 1650 AD, Turn 350, 2978 points, Emperor, Science, Epic, Standard, Pangaea, Spain (Isabella) [BNW]
    Salomo - 200 AD, Turn 123, 2983 points, Warlord, Culture, Standard, Small, Frontier, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]

Score:
    TractorBoy - 8186 points, 1992 AD, Turn 272, Chieftain, Culture, Quick, Tiny, Fractal, America (Washington)
    TractorBoy - 4616 points, 1854 AD, Turn 197, Chieftain, Culture, Quick, Standard, Pangaea, India (Gandhi) [G&K]
    Matty B - 4763 points, 1848 AD, Turn 438, Emperor, Science, Epic, Standard, Pangaea, Spain (Isabella) [BNW]
    Matty B - 3691 points, 1130 AD, Turn 173, Warlord, Culture, Standard, Small, Frontier, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]

3. Salomo

Salomo Warlord

Always nice to start the re-entry into the competition with a gauntlet win :)

I was sweating until the very end, though. Somehow this reminded me of that G&K Aztec culture gauntlet where victory was already in sight, when HideInLight swept in and took it with an extraordinarily good game. - But not this time! :king:

4. Cromagnus

Cromagnus Deity

I came close, Salomo! I started playing this challenge only a couple of days ago, sadly, and wasted time trying to beat the standard Sacred Sites finish before I realized I could beat it easily via conquest. Unfortunately, it took me a few tries to learn how to balance tourism and conquest, so I didn't medal in time. But, one more day and I would have had a t11x finish for sure. Next time... ;)

5. crocivfanatic

crocivfanatic Warlord

I didnt submitted,but if i did i would be 6 on major and 9 on minor.I guess that is good for first time challenge :)
    When it comes to Spain,it just crazy how big factor plays terrain - perfect would be all cities on sea with mountains,capitol with proper wonder(it seems to me uluru is best wonder due fast religion start),and also good food/construction terrain,and not just that,you need to have close other civs with many cities so you can get as much is possible gold with religion spreading.

6. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

Oh right, It was culture by conquest for the minor? Blatant exploit imo, shouldn;t be allowed! I take a moral victory for doing it properly with Scared Sites ;)

7. Cromagnus

Cromagnus Deity

This is ironic.. But you knew that. ;)