1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Civ5 Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 22 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to MAGA for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Immortal, Domination, Marathon, Duel, Great Plains Plus, Huns (Attila) [BNW] game for 24100 points.

zenmaster was the most active player during this update, submitting 8 games.

Only 0 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update.

Gauntlet Results:
    G-Minor CXLIX - Domination, Prince, Standard, Great Plains, Standard, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur)

1st vadalaz - 1640 BC T-59
    2nd zenmaster - 975 BC T-76
    3rd Svinopes - 700 BC T-87

** New Gauntlets Starting **
    G-Minor CXLX - Science, Warlord, Standard, Inland Sea, Epic, Any Leader

2. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:

Fastest Finish (Date):
    vadalaz - 1470 AD, Turn 137, 3960 points, Chieftain, Diplomacy, Quick, Large, Small Continents, Japan (Oda Nobunaga) [BNW]
    vadalaz - 1370 AD, Turn 197, 4897 points, King, Diplomacy, Standard, Standard, Highlands, Ethiopia (Haile Selassie) [BNW]
    zenmaster - 1750 AD, Turn 175, 2998 points, King, Science, Quick, Standard, Shuffle, Maya (Pacal) [BNW]
    vadalaz - 1640 BC, Turn 59, 4009 points, Prince, Domination, Standard, Standard, Great Plains, Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur) [BNW]

Score:
    vadalaz - 4897 points, 1370 AD, Turn 197, King, Diplomacy, Standard, Standard, Highlands, Ethiopia (Haile Selassie) [BNW]

3. vadalaz

vadalaz Chieftain

Congrats zenmaster on reaching 100k VVV score! :)

4. zenmaster

zenmaster Chieftain

Thanks!

Congrats to you on another great gauntlet result and some more impressive diplomacy win times!

I have to say that Civ 5 continues to surprise me and keep me engaged. For example, I played a recent Arabian Immortal Diplomacy game that was a thing of beauty. Capital next to a mountain, precious metals, and a lot of jungle, in the middle of a thin peninsula. Two expansion cities on the east coast, two on the west coast running internal trade routes. a fifth expansion city next to Mt. Sinai and a huge swath of jungle. Very cool to orchestrate a drive to globalization in that context, winning a defensive war against France along the way and punishing them severely for it. Had not played Arabia in forever and had forgotten how cool the bazaars are and how awesome the camel archers are. Those two unique aspects really break the normal game limitations in a fun way for the Arabians. Challenge to implement a plan skillfully on Immortal, exploration of a huge map, fun with camel archers, storyline of an empire there -- lots of great gameplay. Sessions like this are why I keep playing :)