1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF III August Update

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Tone, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Tone

Tone Deity Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 7 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Spoonwood for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Huge Sid Histographic game for 88853 points.

WillowBrook was the most active player during this update, submitting 3 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Sid this update. Spoonwood submitted a 2050 AD Huge Sid Histographic game for 88853 points.

Only 1 player gained a number one position:
    Spoonwood with a 860 AD Huge Warlord Spaceship game for 4545 points.

Congratulations to Spoonwood for rising from 2nd to 1st, to PrinceMyshkin for rising from 11th to 10th, to Ozymandius for rising from 18th to 15th, to Karl_t_great for rising from 20th to 19th, to Denniz for rising from 23rd to 22nd, to CKS for rising from 30th to 27th, to WillowBrook for rising from 39th to 37th and to FadeAwayNot for rising from 40th to 39th in the Quartermasters competition.
    Commiserations to Calis for falling from 1st to 2nd, to Moonsinger for falling from 10th to 11th, to Bartleby for falling from 15th to 16th, to Marsden for falling from 16th to 17th, to AutomatedTeller for falling from 17th to 18th, to sanabas for falling from 19th to 20th, to archphoenix for falling from 22nd to 23rd, to Dianthus for falling from 27th to 28th, to Aerinon for falling from 28th to 29th, to zerksees for falling from 29th to 30th and to superslug for falling from 37th to 38th in the Quartermasters competition.
    Commiserations to Brennan for no longer being a Quartermaster.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
    Machiavelli : AutomatedTeller rose from 10th to 9th, bluejay rose from 11th to 10th, Svar rose from 17th to 16th, Ozymandius rose from 27th to 20th, CKS rose from 26th to 22nd, ignas rose from 33rd to 32nd, krakedhalo rose from 35th to 33rd and superslug rose from 42nd to 41st. Brennan is no longer a Machiavellian.
    Pentathlon : Aerinon rose from 31st to 30th, CKS rose from 37th to 35th and WillowBrook rose from 43rd to 42nd.
    Octathlon : Spoonwood rose from 3rd to 2nd, WillowBrook rose from 49th to 34th, The Professor rose from 51st to 50th, superslug rose from 52nd to 51st, adrianj rose from 53rd to 52nd, Baalzebul rose from 54th to 53rd and Brainiac18 rose from 55th to 54th. Brennan is no longer a Octathlete.
    Histographic : Spoonwood rose from 9th to 2nd and WillowBrook rose from 80th to 56th.

2. Calis

Calis on time

Congratz Spoonwood :thumbsup:

It was nice as long as it lasted :)

3. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

yes, congratulations Spoonwood!

t_x

4. Pacioli

Pacioli Prince

Congratulations Spoonwood!

5. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

Thanks guys!

6. EMan

EMan HOFer: Milk-Cow? Supporter

Well done Spoonwood on a Great Sid Game Result. :goodjob: :goodjob:

And, perhaps more importantly, taking over the #1 spot as Top Quartermaster! :goodjob: :goodjob:

(It's been awhile since I gave 4 Thumbs-up in a Single Post! :lol: )

Thanks for keeping the Civ 3 HOF alive and well......And Competitive! :)

7. Spoonwood

Thank you Eman!

8. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Very impressive handful of feats Spoonwood.

I must confess that this Hall of great games and players has lasted far longer than I ever dreamed...

9. Calis

Calis on time

I believe that this is due to the fact that for some of the C3C players the successors of the game didn't offer much joy.

At least this is true for me.

I am not sure whether I have a huge SID milkgame in me. But we'll see...

10. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I never got into Civ4 that much myself. Never bothered with 5.

11. Spoonwood

Thanks superslug!