1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF III December '11 Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Tone, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Tone

Tone Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff

There's some great competition going on at the moment in the gauntlets. I agree with del62 that it's time for a large map, lowish level conquest game so the settings for the last gauntlet of this year are:

Level: Monarch
    Mapsize: Large
    Victory Condition: Conquest

As usual you have two months to play if you wish to participate. Please submit your games by February 15th 2012. Good luck to all competitors.

2. del62

del62 Chieftain

Managed a 270AD finish with the Iraqoius, fundementally flawed by my map settings of warm and wet, meaning a lot of marsh/ jungle slowed my MWs down.

3. del62

del62 Chieftain

Improved with a 90AD finish with Celts, but again made the error of including the Mayans, who were far away and difficult to chop down at the end.

4. del62

del62 Chieftain

Improved to a 190BC Score slightly dissapointing as had the ottomans given me their last two cities I acould have beat the best scores, but they both had a resource/ lux and they would only offer one, but when I took the capital, the next one was 3 turns away even for an army.

5. CKS

CKS Chieftain

I finished in 10 AD. If I'd remembered to build roads earlier I probably could have been many turns faster, and I did not plan my attacks well (so I spent way too much time traveling from far south to far north), but I had a very nice map.

6. del62

del62 Chieftain

I had what I sort was a really good one especially after I found all 8 luxuries unfortunately the Chinese were nowhere to be found,

7. Tone

Tone Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff

This Gauntlet is now closed.

Gold medal: del62 250BC
    Silver medal: CKS 10AD

The new gauntlet will be posted very soon.

8. CKS

CKS Chieftain

My goodness! A medal!

(This reminds me of running track in high school. I collected a lot of second place points high jumping because there was only one other competitor. By the end of the season I could clear opening height about half of the time.)