HOF III December Update

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Tone, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Tone

Tone Deity Hall of Fame Staff

It's all gone very quiet in the civIII HOF I'm afraid. No games last month and only one game accepted this month. :sad: We think it is best if we just update the games as they are accepted and do forum update messages on an ad-hoc basis.

The quality is still there though as people try to push the boundaries of the best times and scores. The one submission gained a number one slot:

Lord Emsworth with a 1300 AD Small Regent Cultural 20k game for 3800 points.​

There are also a few changes to positions on the Quatermaster and other tables to report:

Congratulations to a space oddity for rising from 33rd to 32nd in the Quartermasters competition.
    Commiserations to Sandman2003 for falling from 32nd to 33rd in the Quartermasters competition.

Machiavelli : Lord Emsworth rose from 4th to 3rd and Pentium rose from 36th to 34th.
    Pentathlon : EMan rose from 36th to 35th and Pentium rose from 37th to 36th.

2. del62

del62 Deity

I currently have a game on SID level underway, started a while ago, but stopped for GOTM games and less time to play, hopefully I will finish and win it.

3. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

I'd like to know more. What VC? Playing as whom? I have a Huge Sid 20k with Carthage going on at 10 AD, but I have some mixed feelings about it. I also have a 4510 domination limit, histographic map with the Maya on Sid which I've played a few turns into, and have started looking for 4500+ maps with them.

4. Tone

Tone Deity Hall of Fame Staff

2 games accepted since that last post. :thumbsup:

5. del62

del62 Deity

Huge map 80% archipelgo, playing as France, opponents China, Arabs, Mongolians, Aztecs, Eygypt, Celts, Japan and Zulus.

If a victory happens it will be late, I am not using the disconnect exploit as I dont want my first Sid Game to be tainted, I am hoping for a domination victory but it will be touch and go, it may even end up a very low scoring histographic.

The major playes wer the Aztecs who I have been at war with most of the game, I actually have around 800 units of theres trapped in 3 tiles.

If I get it finished I will post more details.

6. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

I'm playing huge Deity histograph. I just learned CoL. And got my second Great Leader! 1st made the Pyramids. What I should do with the second one?

7. Calis

Calis on time

I'd say either ToA for more territory, although it seems you've settled rather tight. Or maybe Hanging Gardens for a slight happiness boost.

8. Spoonwood

I'd go with the ToA. Edit: Upon second thought, maybe Leo's Workshop might come as the best option. What's your domination limit Kuningas?

9. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

but couldn´t he have a prebuild for Leos ready when it comes, while the instant temples of the ToA or happiness from the Gardens could not come by otherwise?
    t_x

10. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

Domination limit 4469.

I go for ToA.

11. Calis

Calis on time

Anyway, you're a lucky man with 2 SGL's by 900BC :)

12. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

yes with non scientific tribe.

13. Spoonwood

I'm interested to know more about your game as it progress Kuningas. I especially wonder what your world looks like once you can see all of it.