1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF III February Update

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Tone, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Tone

Tone Deity Hall of Fame Staff

It's been a great month for the Civilization III Hall of Fame. The update reveals that 17 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Glasnost for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Tiny Demigod Domination game for 14839 points.

EverKane was the most active player during this update, submitting 8 games.

Two players were brave enough to take on Sid this update. del62 submitted a 1976 AD Huge Sid Domination game for 8371 points. Spoonwood submitted a 1255 AD Tiny Sid Domination game for 12661 points.

Two players gained number one positions:
    del62 with a 1976 AD Huge Sid Domination game for 8371 points.

del62 with a 1040 AD Large Regent Spaceship game for 4822 points.
    ignas with a 1140 AD Tiny Regent Cultural 20k game for 4206 points.

2. Tone

Tone Deity Hall of Fame Staff

Congratulations to CKS for rising from 22nd to 21st, to Rustwork for rising from 31st to 30th, to krakedhalo for rising from 34th to 33rd, to Pentium for rising from 35th to 34th, to The Professor for rising from 36th to 35th, to WillowBrook for rising from 37th to 36th, to superslug for rising from 38th to 37th and to FadeAwayNot for rising from 39th to 38th in the Quartermasters competition.
    Commiserations to EMan for falling from 21st to 22nd and to zerksees for falling from 30th to 31st in the Quartermasters competition.
    Commiserations to a space oddity for no longer being a Quartermaster.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
    Machiavelli : del62 rose from 11th to 7th, SpiffyKeen7744 rose from 18th to 17th, The Professor rose from 38th to 37th, FadeAwayNot rose from 39th to 38th, superslug rose from 40th to 39th and WillowBrook rose from 41st to 40th. a space oddity is no longer a Machiavellian.
    Pentathlon : AutomatedTeller rose from 9th to 8th, WillowBrook rose from 43rd to 42nd, The Professor rose from 45th to 44th and superslug rose from 46th to 45th.
    Octathlon : del62 rose from 24th to 3rd, ignas rose from 7th to 5th, bluejay rose from 25th to 24th, Bartleby rose from 26th to 25th and Ozymandius rose from 38th to 37th. Brainiac18 is no longer a Octathlete.

3. Everkane

Everkane Valar Morghulis

Cool.

Hey Tone, there was one game of mine, my first one by the way, entry #3114 which counts as published but it didn't enter Hof even if it was better than some games there. Not that it counts so much, it was good enough to #8 or #9, but still it's a HoF game, right? I don't get it why it didn't get into HoF, a mistake of the staff or something I don't understand.

Now I started to get used with HoF style maybe I'm ready for higher goals.

Thanks.

4. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

Hey Everkane,

You can only have two entries per table.

5. Everkane

Everkane Valar Morghulis

Thanks Spoonwood, I didn't know that.