HOF III January Update

Tone

Deity
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 26 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to rysingsun for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Standard Deity Histographic game for 25358 points.

Ozymandius was the most active player during this update, submitting 9 games.

A number of players gained number one positions:
rysingsun with a 2050 AD Standard Deity Histographic game for 25358 points.

PrinceMyshkin with a 1575 AD Huge Demigod Cultural 20k game for 9811 points.

Ozymandius with a 2050 AD Tiny Emperor Histographic game for 7918 points.

Ozymandius with a 2050 AD Tiny Monarch Histographic game for 6410 points.

Marsden with a 930 AD Tiny Regent Cultural 100k game for 4882 points.

AutomatedTeller with a 1220 AD Tiny Warlord Cultural 20k game for 2278 points.
SpiffyKeen7744 with a 70 BC Huge Warlord Domination game for 5021 points.

Marsden with a 780 AD Small Chieftain Cultural 100k game for 2068 points.
Tone with a 560 AD Small Chieftain Spaceship game for 2062 points.
Tone with a 350 AD Small Chieftain Diplomatic game for 2133 points.

Congratulations to keldr & Ozymandius for becoming Quartermasters.
Congratulations to Moonsinger for rising from 2nd to 1st, to SpiffyKeen7744 for rising from 10th to 9th and to PrinceMyshkin for rising from 18th to 14th in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to Chamnix for falling from 1st to 2nd, to Marsden for falling from 9th to 10th, to zerksees for falling from 14th to 15th, to sanabas for falling from 15th to 16th, to Scratcher for falling from 16th to 17th, to Rustwork for falling from 17th to 18th, to FadeAwayNot for falling from 25th to 26th, to theos for falling from 26th to 28th, to Ljdjr for falling from 28th to 30th, to adrianj for falling from 29th to 31st, to superslug for falling from 30th to 32nd, to WillowBrook for falling from 31st to 33rd and to SideshowBob for falling from 32nd to 34th in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : keldr became a full Machiavellian. nerovats rose from 8th to 7th, PrinceMyshkin rose from 16th to 9th, superslug rose from 31st to 30th, BlackBetsy rose from 32nd to 31st and Ljdjr rose from 33rd to 32nd.
Pentathlon : keldr & Brennan became full Pentathletes. bluejay rose from 5th to 4th, nerovats rose from 6th to 5th, Aigburth rose from 7th to 6th, RFHolloway rose from 8th to 7th, Moonsinger rose from 9th to 8th, PrinceMyshkin rose from 14th to 12th, archphoenix rose from 15th to 14th, SpiffyKeen7744 rose from 20th to 17th, Bartleby rose from 23rd to 22nd and a space oddity rose from 24th to 23rd.
Octathlon : Ozymandius became a full Octathlete. Marsden rose from 6th to 5th, archphoenix rose from 8th to 7th, SpiffyKeen7744 rose from 13th to 11th, PrinceMyshkin rose from 27th to 17th, azzaman333 rose from 38th to 37th and superslug rose from 39th to 38th.
Histographic : rysingsun gained entrance to the Histographic table.

Pentathlon : keldr & Brennan became full Pentathletes. *
yay me. *pats himself on the back.

I've buggered up and got myself two Regent games instead of a Regent and a Warlord tho.

After a couple of weeks playing good ole Diablo II again, I am now playing Total War: Medieval II. Don't know when i'll get back to Civ...

Argh! That's the second time now that Moonsinger has passed me without even playing a game :gripe: ;).

Argh! That's the second time now that Moonsinger has passed me without even playing a game :gripe: ;).

Well, maybe you could send in a 90k histographic?

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, sorry.

Yes, I killed hundreds of thousands of my own people, it was great! :devil:

I'm sorry; that's my fault. (In fact both times IIRC)

I was trying to get the #1 date for SS but using a small map rather than a standard one as the current best times use. The end result was that I didn't beat killercane but I did knock your SS game from its number 1 slot.

I'll try not to do it again. Otherwise you might take revenge...:trouble:

Oh, and have you noticed that Marsden is becoming pretty good at those 100K finishes. maybe he'll start running a masterclass soon.

Yeah, I noticed you did it last time, but I already got revenge for that one :D. This time I actually lost 2 small #1 slots in the same update - Marsden took one from me too.

Feel free to do it again - if my #1 slots are weak, then somebody should improve them :cheers:. I'll just have to keep working to get them back (or take someone else's :satan:).

EDIT - I thought Marsden took the small sid conquest this update, but it is not marked as new. I guess he took that before, and I just didn't notice :trouble:.

EDIT - I thought Marsden took the small sid conquest this update, but it is not marked as new. I guess he took that before, and I just didn't notice :trouble:.

That was about a year ago. When you weren't actively sending in HoF games. Please don't hurt me. :hide: I need a coward smiley here, the hide one isn't craven enough.

Oh, and have you noticed that Marsden is becoming pretty good at those 100K finishes. maybe he'll start running a masterclass soon.

No, I'm not. I just got lucky.

well, luck is often a part of a great date. But skill is important, too.

The best 20K date is 1130 - it has, I think, 7 SGL's. That's a great deal of luck... but there is a lot of skill in that game, too, in research, picking opponents, management, etc.

Can you write up what you did in it?

Tone said:
Congratulations to keldr & Ozymandius for becoming Quartermasters.

I agree. Congratulations keldr and Ozymandius! It is always good to see new faces and new Quartermasters. That puts the HOF up to 34 Quartermasters! If memory serves, that is quite an increase since I became a Quartermaster. I remember only 26 back then... I think. We're talking around a (8/26=)31% increase. :high5:

It's the most ever.

Top Bottom