HOF III July Gauntlet

Tone

Deity
Hall of Fame Staff
Welcome to the July Gauntlet for the Civ III HOF. We haven't had a 100K game for a while so let's rectify that.

Level: Demigod
Mapsize: Small
Victory Condition: 100K

You have two months to play if you wish to participate. Please submit your games by September 15th 2011. Good luck to all competitors.

Not long since I did a tiny demi-god 100K, my suggested tactics for this is 60 water pangea, use the Celts, bash the AI hard with Celtic Swords leaving only one civ left, get all luxuries connected, control the pyramids and TOA which you may have to build, squeeze in as many towns as possible, go feudal and use pop rushing, I think a below 1000AD is tough but possible.

I may give this one a try; at demigod I at least feel I have a chance. I finished a game to submit for the June gauntlet, and I think I'll let it be my only submission as I don't really like the "How fast can you build settlers?" game. I suspect that I'm not good enough for this game to be a "How fast can you build population to rush with?" game, and my finish date will be closer to 2000 AD than 1000 AD. With seven spots on the table, though, I can probably claim one. :)

I might take a crack at this one.

It may be interesting to do this in C3/PTW instead. Of course, you'd have to ship 100K culture instead of the 80K culture and do it on Deity, but with a different strategy it may work out faster still.

Instead of pop-rushing improvements, you just play the game as if it were a hist-/dom-game at first and then at one point use a remote palace to gain an incredibly large, productive core and simply build improvement the normal way with real shields. It worked out fantastic for me on standard and large sized maps, and there is plenty of room for better dates.

Not a great deal going on here. There's a fair bit of activity in the other Gauntlet though. Given that an update is just around the corner, does anyone want to make a suggestion for the next one?

Crap, forgot about this one. I'll try a few tonight...

I would have had a go at this had I not been using my CIV time for a huge demigod Histographic

I took a crack at this, but I can't get it done.

Move Along. Nothing to see here.

(Gauntlet closed)

I made a few attempts, but no wins....

Top Bottom