HOF III November Update

Tone

Deity
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 7 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Lord Emsworth for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Small Sid Conquest game for 15355 points. This was our only Sid entry of the month.

Lord Emsworth and Kuningas were the most active players during this update, submitting 2 games each.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Lord Emsworth with a 370 AD Small Sid Conquest game for 15355 points.

Pacioli with a 1190 AD Huge Warlord Cultural 100k game for 5045 points.

Kuningas with a 530 AD Large Chieftain Spaceship game for 2293 points.

Particularly noteworthy from the above was Kunigas' 530AD Spaceship launch as it is now the best launch date in the civ III HOF. :goodjob: The Large Chieftain Spaceship gauntlet continues for another four weeks-details here.

Congratulations to AutomatedTeller for rising from 16th to 15th, to Pacioli for rising from 25th to 23rd and to CKS for rising from 36th to 35th in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to del62 for falling from 15th to 16th, to Aerinon for falling from 23rd to 24th, to Scratcher for falling from 24th to 25th and to Brennan for falling from 35th to 36th in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : Svar rose from 16th to 15th, archphoenix rose from 17th to 16th and CKS rose from 35th to 34th.
Pentathlon : Lord Emsworth rose from 13th to 12th, Nikodemus rose from 14th to 13th, Pacioli rose from 24th to 22nd and adrianj rose from 44th to 43rd.
Octathlon : Lord Emsworth rose from 36th to 20th and Pacioli rose from 25th to 24th.

I love that I can rise without doing anything at all.

Congrats to Kunigas, who (i think) has the fastest times in 2 categories (SS and 20K).

Good luck beating the fastest conquest, though!!

How exactly do I join?

Go hither: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ3/

and click on "Log In/Submit" and you should be able to log in to the HOF (someone who has a clue can tell you if it's the same as your forum info or if you have to set up separately -- I guess try it and see). The instructions for submitting games should be there as well.

Nary a mention of my awesome new 20k submission, eh? That 1359 point monster? Boooooo. ;)

Congratulations to The Silent One (Kuningas).

After 9 months of inaction DWetzel submitted a Huge Monarch 20k game against 15 opponents with Byzantines. From the score, the writer infers that he played such a game as an OCC. No doubt Theodora's Dromons still look beautiful as if they just came from the shipyard. Not because Theodora insisted they look beautiful, as in fact she always does, but because they never saw the fire of battle.

Hey, I am pretty sure I bombarded someone with it once. Maybe?

Nah, probably not. But my privateers gave me something to do while running out the clock. (I even got to build a modern wonder with a very late SGL, which I rarely do in those. Not that it made a whit of difference.)

Also, excessive pluralization of dromon there, I'm pretty sure.

Fantastic job by Kuningas :thumbsup:

And again, I probably won't find time for the game. :cry:

Real life is sucking up my time....

thank you. It was a real hard to get it right. GH settler and SGL on CB. Lucky Age change tech freebies...

I had even a better game going. Was 4 turn ahead in research in 1000bc. That was game ruined in the dawn of IA. Didn't got free Ind or Electricity.

so when are you going to do a domination and earn your quartermasters?

so when are you going to do a domination and earn your quartermasters?

Since you asked Kuningas that, I may as well point out that you just need a Machiavelli and a histographic (even though you've only submitted 100k games!). Histographic isn't necessarily time-consuming. Here's a *lazy* ruler's guide to a histographic victory. I did so and kept cities for a while in this game. Note that it only took some 3 hours of playing time to complete. There's plenty of maps without any spots where that will work.

DWetzel,

You only need a histographic for your quartermasters. I hope the above link helps you!

They're just... so... boring. If I'm going to do it, I'm probably going to semi-attempt to do it right.

Since you asked Kuningas that, I may as well point out that you just need a Machiavelli and a histographic (even though you've only submitted 100k games!). Histographic isn't necessarily time-consuming. Here's a *lazy* ruler's guide to a histographic victory. I did so and kept cities for a while in this game. Note that it only took some 3 hours of playing time to complete. There's plenty of maps without any spots where that will work.

DWetzel,

You only need a histographic for your quartermasters. I hope the above link helps you!

Probably not - that would be 6 games outside my comfort zone - am more interested in actually getting the perfect 100k record back - number ones in each mapsize and difficulty (well at least the bottom 6). - will have to find my civIII disk first. Marsden has a couple of number 1's that might be tempting.

Probably not - that would be 6 games outside my comfort zone - am more interested in actually getting the perfect 100k record back - number ones in each mapsize and difficulty (well at least the bottom 6). - will have to find my civIII disk first. Marsden has a couple of number 1's that might be tempting.

Hopefully by the december submission I will have completed my huge demigod histographic, I am hoping to just pip Bartelby's score.

My current estimate is 43302 with 180 turns left, but I have a little growth left.

Then I might do another 100k, I did consider making the husge demigod a 100k but resisted the temptation.

Hopefully by the december submission I will have completed my huge demigod histographic, I am hoping to just pip Bartelby's score.

My current estimate is 43302 with 180 turns left, but I have a little growth left.

I'm also hoping to beat my own Histo score, but I might not finish the game before the update (and I might not score enough).

So I got Civ III and civ assist 2 working on windows 7, and starting with a tiny chieftain to get warmed up.

Top Bottom