1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF III Update October 2018

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by superslug, Oct 6, 2018.

1. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 7 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Quintillus for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Tiny Demigod Spaceship game for 4608 points.

CKS was the most active player during this update, submitting 6 games.

Only 0 players were brave enough to take on Sid this update.

A number of players gained number one positions:

Congratulations to The Professor for rising from 35th to 34th and to FadeAwayNot for rising from 37th to 35th in the Quartermasters competition.
    Commiserations to krakedhalo & WillowBrook for no longer being Quartermasters.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
    Machiavelli : FadeAwayNot rose from 40th to 39th, The Professor rose from 41st to 40th and Ivalon rose from 42nd to 41st. WillowBrook is no longer a Machiavellian.
    Pentathlon : adrianj rose from 45th to 43rd, Quintillus rose from 51st to 44th and bhudson rose from 52nd to 51st. krakedhalo is no longer a Pentathlete.
    Histographic : LulThyme rose from 156th to 118th.

2. CKS

CKS Chieftain

Good job, Quintillus!

Did the histographic listing get revised? That is quite a jump for LulThyme!

I'm currently slogging through a histographic game of my own, which I hope will take last place on a histographic table but move me up a bunch of spots on the overall histographic list. We'll see how it works out, as I'm still a long ways from the end.

3. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

No changes were made to the HOF, and quite likely won't ever happen at this point. Not when we're averaging on submission per month....not sure how LulThyme jumped up honestly.

4. CKS

CKS Chieftain

I wondered if it had been changed to include only the best game by each person. Perhaps the software is just toying with us. I notice that in December's update he moved from 156 to 155, but that this month he started back at 156. I guess lifetap's game moved a bunch of people down and we weren't notified.

5. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Thanks! I missed your comment on my thread earlier, but agree with your thoughts on 20K slots. Now I just need the time for a Huge Emperor game!

I'm curious how the histographic list works, too. When I view http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ3/histographic.php, it shows LulThyme as 88th. Is there another list somewhere that I'm missing? His 0-point win is still one of the classic games regardless.

6. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

Win? My 0-point histographic game is a loss. I think his 0-point histographic game is a loss also.

7. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Surprisingly enough, LulThyme managed to win that game. There's a discussion of it in this thread. It did require Chieftain difficulty and a Small map and some luck with warrior combat and goody huts, but by keeping the total number of score points accumulated below 270 for the course of the game - which would be owning a city for less than 27 turns overall - he managed to win with a score that rounded to 0. Although perhaps the limit is really 539 points, depending on how the rounding/truncating system behaves. Either way, that means having very little in the way of cities.

Spoonwood likes this.