HOF-IV: Beyond the Sword

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
We dusted off the Beta tables in Hall of Fame IV and are now accepting Beyond the Sword submissions! To celebrate this occasion, we've even got a Gauntlet opened exploring the Holy Roman Empire as a civ, the new Space victory condition and the Hemisphere maptype.

Standard Hall of Fame rules will apply to BTS submissions, use of the HOF BTS Mod is required. Contrary to what has been previously stated (and what the mod will warn you about), Random Events and ALL maptypes are legal for Beta submissions

>> Civ IV HOF
>> First BTS Gauntlet
>> Discussion Thread

EDIT: See post #3 for a download to update the HOF Warnings.

Thrallia

Prodigal Staffer
GOTM Staff
is that just to see if any of the maptypes or random events appear to have too great an impact on the gauntlet rankings?

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Attached is a new HOFSettings.txt file for the BTS Beta that changes the HOF Warnings as follows:

Game Options:
No Random Events = Player's Option
Map Scripts:

Beta Legal:
  • Big & Small-all wraps
  • Boreal-Flat only
  • Global Highlands-all wraps
  • Hemispheres-all wraps
  • Medium and Small-all wraps
  • Rainforest-Flat only
Beta Illegal:
  • Arboria
  • Donut

Just unzip the HOFSetting.txt file and replace the one in the HOF-3.02.001 folder.

Download: BTS_BETA_HOFSettings.zip

Edit: Fixed Balanced Resources warning

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
is that just to see if any of the maptypes or random events appear to have too great an impact on the gauntlet rankings?
Primarily yes, playtesting will be the only real way to know which ones are too much for HOF.

Rockin_T

Chieftain
Primarily yes, playtesting will be the only real way to know which ones are too much for HOF.

Does that mean I can submit even though we have not solved my "Assets are different from a standard install" error? :D

Under Hemispheres I am also getting a "Balanced resources not allowed" warning?

Thanks...

Thrallia

Prodigal Staffer
GOTM Staff
if you haven't figured out that assets problem yet, check out the this thread: Assets issues

There's a few people there who've been having issues, and they seem to be fixed.

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Does that mean I can submit even though we have not solved my "Assets are different from a standard install" error? :D

Under Hemispheres I am also getting a "Balanced resources not allowed" warning?

Thanks...
Not with the assets warning. Did you see this thread. There is the assets checker there. Run that and post your csv file over there.

Thrallia

Prodigal Staffer
GOTM Staff
lol just beat you, denniz :)

On an aside, do I have to download the beta HOF settings file, or can I just play with the original one and just deal with the warnings?

edit: or did the original automatically supress random events?

Thrallia

Prodigal Staffer
GOTM Staff
assets problems are fixed...but for some reason my HOF crashes BtS when it runs. Very weird. It doesn't crash when I load the mod, it crashes when I try to start a game using the mod.

NaZdReG

Warmonger
just wanted to give some feedback. worked through the darn asset issue, but the game lags and crashes consistently about 4 hours in. I dumped the save fearing it was corrupted, but I was looking at 15-30 seconds between rounds, and it crashing every few minutes.

NaZ

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
just wanted to give some feedback. worked through the darn asset issue, but the game lags and crashes consistently about 4 hours in. I dumped the save fearing it was corrupted, but I was looking at 15-30 seconds between rounds, and it crashing every few minutes.

NaZ
Is is possible that your video card was overheating?

Edit: I saw a post over in the BTS forum where people were talking about lag. It kind of makes sense that since we had to upgrade DirectX for BTS that we should upgrade out video drivers as well. You might want to try that.

Willburn

Warlord
Is or is not random events allowed? Ive seen conflicting messages about this. (in one post one hof staff says its allowed and in the HOF rules page it says its not allowed.) Shouldnt the rules page be updated if its allowed?

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Is or is not random events allowed? Ive seen conflicting messages about this. (in one post one hof staff says its allowed and in the HOF rules page it says its not allowed.) Shouldnt the rules page be updated if its allowed?
We decided at the last minute to allow random events for the Beta. The web page needs updating as you say.

Pneumaniac227

Chieftain
This is my first time submitting to HoF ever, so do I need to submit the Gauntlet like any other HoF entry, and it will count?

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
This is my first time submitting to HoF ever, so do I need to submit the Gauntlet like any other HoF entry, and it will count?
Welcome to the Hall of Fame! [party] :band:

Yep, submit it just like a normal HOF Entry, which it is, btw. ;) If a submission matches the Gauntlet criteria than it shows up there, too.

HolyHandGrenade

Holy Pin
You should change the text for BtS HoF mod on download page which still says "Warlord" ;)

oops - should be in another thread - please move it :blush:

Top Bottom