HOF IV Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 159 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to The-Hawk for the highest score of the update with a Huge Emperor Conquest game for 1,871,812 points.

shulec was the most active player during this update, submitting 20 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
Misotu submitted a 1335 AD Large Deity Diplomatic game for 45059 points and a 1375 AD Huge Deity Diplomatic game for 46109 points and a 1325 AD Huge Deity Diplomatic game for 51473 points
Shakes submitted a 1830 AD Tiny Deity Space Race game for 22796 points
and a 1835 AD Tiny Deity Cultural game for 20827 points
Sun Tzu Wu submitted a 320 AD Huge Deity Religious game for 32662 points
WastinTime submitted a 1752 AD Huge Deity Domination game for 64217 points​
Gauntlet Info:

G-Major 61 - Domination, Monarch, Large, Normal on Hemispheres with Holy Roman Empire
1st Salomo 1505 AD
2nd phanc 1760 AD
3rd Fluroscent 1808 AD

G-Minor 83 - Religious, Noble, Large, Normal on Ice Age
1st shulec 375 AD
2nd Shakes 520 AD
3rd DJMGator13 580 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 84 - Space Colony, Prince, Small, Quick on Fractal with Saladin
G-Major 63 - Cultural, Immortal, Standard, Epic on Archipelago

A number of players gained number one positions:
Sun Tzu Wu with a 320 AD Huge Deity Religious game for 32662 points.
WastinTime with a 1752 AD Huge Deity Domination game for 64217 points.

shulec with a 200 BC Tiny Immortal Religious game for 29574 points.

kcd_swede with a 1808 AD Tiny Emperor Cultural game for 34306 points.
kcd_swede with a 1922 AD Tiny Emperor Space Race game for 10860 points.
Misotu with a 1230 BC Standard Emperor Religious game for 25185 points.
shulec with a 290 AD Large Emperor Religious game for 27546 points.
shulec with a 600 BC Small Emperor Religious game for 29674 points.
shulec with a Jan 2050 AD Tiny Emperor Time game for 36255 points.
shulec with a 1025 BC Tiny Emperor Religious game for 31705 points.
shulec with a 640 AD Huge Emperor Religious game for 36822 points.
shulec with a 1580 AD Huge Emperor Religious game for 15721 points.
shulec with a 600 BC Small Emperor Religious game for 26469 points.
WastinTime with a Jan 2050 AD Huge Emperor Time game for 10050 points.

Fluroscent with a 1726 AD Standard Monarch Space Colony game for 151365 points.
Salomo with a 1505 AD Large Monarch Domination game for 152711 points.
WastinTime with a Jan 2050 AD Huge Monarch Time game for 5450 points.

WastinTime with a Jan 2050 AD Huge Prince Time game for 7651 points.

Barthornmeister with a 2605 BC Large Noble Conquest game for 56990 points.
cetti with a Jan 2050 AD Tiny Noble Time game for 10460 points.
HammerTime with a 1950 AD Tiny Noble Space Colony game for 23238 points.
shulec with a 375 AD Large Noble Religious game for 15202 points.
WastinTime with a 2050 AD Huge Noble Time game for 5220 points.

ChrisFromLux with a 1708 AD Tiny Warlord Cultural game for 30137 points.
FiveAces with a 1406 AD Duel Warlord Space Colony game for 101713 points.

AndreyForever with a 1360 AD Tiny Chieftain Cultural game for 23180 points.
Barthornmeister with a 2500 BC Huge Chieftain Conquest game for 14069 points.

EGJ with a 1660 BC Tiny Settler Domination game for 18570 points.
EGJ with a 1525 AD Huge Settler Space Race game for 10972 points.

Nah, don't think so. :nope:

Oh ... wait. A new entry at Emperor level. Congrats Agey! :band:

Well done Salomo, my serious effort that got corrupted was a century later. 1500's is very good, as it was really hard to be very fast on a large map with this leader and speed!

In my second submission I was just inches away from finishing 14XX, but Bismark(!) had become so big that i couldn't hurry any settlers to fill the last 5 or 6 squares I needed without dropping below the population limit. In the end i won by trading away anything i could turn into money and putting the culture slider on max.

Nah, don't think so. :nope:

Oh ... wait. A new entry at Emperor level. Congrats Agey! :band:

:D Cheers :D

Well, 2 new Emperor EQMs to be exact.
The 'highly active' shulec screeched up from nowhere to claim the #5 spot, somewhat ahead of me. And I'd been keeping my eye on Mr. Bill, who I had expected to complete this time around (and beat me), only to get this surprise instead.

But I'm glad to have reached the finishing line :D

Congratulations to The-Hawk for the highest score of the update with a Huge Emperor Conquest game for 1,871,812 points

:eek: Is that, by any chance, the highest score of all time, rather than just this update?!
Amazing!
And thoroughly worth the :eek: 152 hours :eek: you put into it!

The 'highly active' shulec screeched up from nowhere to claim the #5 spot, somewhat ahead of me. And I'd been keeping my eye on Mr. Bill, who I had expected to complete this time around (and beat me), only to get this surprise instead.

Thanks for noticing! And congrats to you too!

I will also acknowledge ChrisFromLux who completed the QM challenge at #21.

Now, I can no longer delay the leap to immortal.:D

:eek: Is that, by any chance, the highest score of all time, rather than just this update?!

That is a lot of good hard work. Nice game!

Truth be told, that was not the highest score submitted this update. I posted a 2.1 million score game. This wasn't exactly how I'd hoped it would be announced :(. However, it was rejected for some unknown, trivial reason. I didn't want to make too big a deal about it, but I thought the staff might give it a 2nd look. Maybe ask me for the save in question. I'm not going to press them for it (other than laying down a little guilt in this post :mischief:) I understand they're volunteering their time, but if it were me, I'd at least examine closer some of the more outstanding games like TheHawk's 152 hour game if it had been flagged. I would want that game in the HoF. I'd spend the 15 minutes to validate the 152 hour effort.

On the bright side, I am glad that TheHawk's 1.8 million score did not go unnoticed. Hawk, How upset would you have been to see that your 1.8 didn't make the high score of this update? Now imagine how upset you'd be if your game had been rejected. It's a horrible feeling.

:D Cheers :D

But I'm glad to have reached the finishing line :D

Believe me, I tried! I've been losing a ton of games lately just trying to fill those last few spots. :mad: Hopefully I'll have them done by the next update. And congrats! :goodjob:

Believe me, I tried! I've been losing a ton of games lately just trying to fill those last few spots. :mad: Hopefully I'll have them done by the next update. And congrats! :goodjob:
I know how it is!
I started this journey in early January. Somewhere in the summer I didn't submit a victory for over a month - trying endlessly to get a Space Colony with unsuitable leaders and conditions.
Looking at your score, I'm ready to drop down the rankings as soon as you finish. (Of course, I could spend my time improving a few of my own scores now :))

AgedOne and The-Hawk - we could certainly have used your obvious skills in SGOTM 10.
:thanx:
Ah, but there have been many with talent who have appeared in your team's colours over the years. Question is, who's to mold them into one single awesome unit?

Is it just my machine, or is the Statistics --> Game Counts tab not displaying the table? Even though I've been negligent in my Civ playing, I still want to post the stats on the group's progress and I use that tab to do my calculations.

I posted a 2.1 million score game. This wasn't exactly how I'd hoped it would be announced :(. However, it was rejected for some unknown, trivial reason.

My condolence, Wastin. :(
It's very hard work and huge time to play such game... It's near the theoretical maximum of BtS (I think 2.5-3M) I'll never find time for it...

Is it just my machine, or is the Statistics --> Game Counts tab not displaying the table? Even though I've been negligent in my Civ playing, I still want to post the stats on the group's progress and I use that tab to do my calculations.

It works fine for me.

It is working but it is taking 20-30 second to come back. With almost 750 players the list is a bit long. ;)

Top Bottom