1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF IV Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 37 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to tachywaxon for the highest score of the update with a Small, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 668045 points.

WilliamOfOrange was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

Only 3 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
    Firmlife - 2075 BC, Duel, Epic, Deity, Religious game for 38711 points
    giorgako - 1720 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Deity, Diplomatic game for 22578 points
    giorgako - 1868 AD, Tiny, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 32099 points
    tachywaxon - 1386 AD, Small, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 668045 points

A number of players gained number one positions:
    Firmlife with a 2075 BC, Duel, Epic, Deity, Religious game for 38711 points.
    tachywaxon with a 1386 AD, Small, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 668045 points.

tachywaxon with a 1430 AD, Standard, Normal, Emperor, Cultural game for 150733 points.
    the reverend with a 1826 AD, Huge, Epic, Emperor, Space Colony game for 105898 points.

cseanny with a 1070 AD, Standard, Normal, Noble, Diplomatic game for 70426 points.
    pattontwo with a 1630 AD, Huge, Quick, Noble, Conquest game for 60034 points.

Tone with a 1280 AD, Huge, Epic, Chieftain, Cultural game for 58655 points.

Gauntlet Results:
    G-Major 111 - Culture, Monarch, Large, Epic
    1st Kaitzilla 1080 AD
    2nd the reverend 1515 AD
    3rd Ozbenno 1752 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **

WATCH THIS SPACE

2. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

Congratulations Firmlife on your recent t77 BC 2075 #1 Deity Religious Leader Diplomatic Duel Epic game! Beating the previous #1 game by a full five turns is awesome! :goodjob:

Sun Tzu Wu

3. Sun Tzu Wu

Congratulations on your awesome win and displacing an Inca win from the "Hall of Shame" "Hall of Inca Wins" and helping to transform it back to the Hall of Fame, game by game.

The term "Hall of Shame" "Hall of Inca Wins" is simply a way of expressing my disdain for #1 Inca games in the Hall of Fame.

Sun Tzu Wu

4. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Yes, we all get it. Please try to stop working this off-topic comment into every thread you visit.

(btw, I'm glad you're back to commenting on the HoF updates. Cheers)

5. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

Huge gratz on Cseanny for his killer U.N. 1070 AD.
    Will come on that one with my full-blown HoF over 9000 cheating abilities at that potential time.

6. Sun Tzu Wu

I simply commented on how a #1 Inca game got beat this update. Please explain how that's off-topic for this thread.

Please reread your own comments regarding Inca in the Challenge IX-10 thread (where Tachywaxon gained the above mentioned new #1 game):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12144499&postcount=34

I refrained from responding to it in that thread, but will refer to it now as an example of "off-topic" comments to promote Inca in a competition that bans it.

Sun Tzu Wu

7. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

I was simply trying to fire up the players for that challenge and was joking. Friendly trash-talk. I have no intention of submitting a competing Inca game. As the current holder of that slot, it was a completely "on-topic" comment.

--

RE: your post, I did not criticize the entire thing. You start out on-topic and work in your worn-out, negative comments.

You are spreading your hatred around the boards. I had to bite my tongue and try to not respond when you once again worked the Inca filter and more HoF disrespect into an unrelated thread here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12172398&postcount=25

8. Sun Tzu Wu

I see nothing wrong with my post you linked to and my coining of the term Hall of Shame. I truly believe it is a "shame" that so many #1 games in the HoF are Inca for reasons I won't repeat here. I have respect for and like the staff and all players. I like you and respect you as a player.

Perhaps, "Hall of Shame" is too derogatory a term after all. I shall amend that to "Hall of Inca Wins" which seems neutral to me.

EDIT: Well after further consideration, I regret using the term "Hall of Shame". I further acknowledge that it is clearly derogatory. I didn't consider how others would respond to it. I apologize for my slip in ettiquette. As I mentioned before, I shall use the coined term "Hall of Inca Wins" instead which has no intristic derogatory meaning (it is more a statement of fact or future prediction).

Sun Tzu Wu

9. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Moderator Action

This thread had gotten seriously off topic, please keep it to discussion of the update please.

I moved all the other posts to their own thread over here.