Resource icon

HoF Map Finder/Generator Utility 2016-10-05

I hear you Dianthus, but just imagine missing out on a huge dom map with a start like this... :cry:

Please, please, please make it optional. Pretty please ;)

Attachments

• dreamstart.jpg
    dreamstart.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 489
That picture is definitely worth > 1000 words :).

Oh, and I'm not Moonsinger, I'm just a similar colour.

Originally posted by Dianthus
Anyone else know the song? :)
No, but I just poked around a bit and found "Mansion in the Slums", by Neil Finn. Another excerpt from it for Civ and espectially for this thread :) "what I mean is, would you mind if I had it all / I'll take it when it comes"

When I think of songs for my approach to Civ, HOF, and start positions, I think of Madonna's "More" ("That's what's soothing about excess / Never settle for something less. / Something's better than nothing, yes! / But nothing's better than more, more more"), and Dr. Hook's "Get My Rocks Off" ("Everybody needs a little something, but Lord I need it all") :lol:

And BTW, thank you Moonsinger and Dianthus - this awesome utility just keeps getting better :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm not Moonsinger, I'm just a similar colour.

Whoops! Sorry! At a glance you two look so similar you could be twins y'know :)

@fret, no problem. I must admit I was disappointed when Moonsingers new Avatar looked so similar to mine. I just have to remember that mine actually has something to do with Dianthus, and a rose doesn't have much to do with singing and mooning :)

@SirPleb. Yep, that's the song. I just wrote the lyrics from memory. (For those that don't know, Neil Finn was part of Crowded House). Maybe you should start a new thread, "10000 songs to listen to while playing Civ" :).

Edit: Oh, and my part in this project was less than 1 hours work. I'd already done all the hard work for my CIVReplay stuff!

I just have to remember that mine actually has something to do with Dianthus, and a rose doesn't have much to do with singing and mooning :)

“Poet,” said the rose bush’s
Singing pink and green,
“What avails your mooning,
Can you fashion pink?”
“Dreamer,” crooned the wheatland’s
Rippling vocal sheen,
“See my mooning children
Marching as with drums!”

“By a god begotten,”
Hymned the sunning vine,
“In my lyric children
Pinky music flows!”
“Singer,” breathed the rose bush,
“Are they not divine?”
“Have you any daughters
Mighty as pink rose?”:)

Originally posted by fret
I hear you Dianthus, but just imagine missing out on a huge dom map with a start like this... :cry:

Please, please, please make it optional. Pretty please ;)

Sorry, no can't do because it is impossible for anyone to foresee a map like that at 4000BC.

Moonsinger, I think all fret wants is the option to only check for domination limit, then he can see if the start is as above by moving units about within the game.

Moonsinger, I think all fret wants is the option to only check for domination limit, then he can see if the start is as above by moving units about within the game.

Of course, there would be an on/off option for every extra feature.:)

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• animation1.gif
    animation1.gif
    111.1 KB · Views: 448
Originally posted by Moonsinger

:thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

Your the best :)

Originally posted by Moonsinger
[dance] :beer: :smoke: [party] :worship: :thumbsup: :thanx: :band:
This is going to save me a lot of time generating maps for my Monarch run, which I anticipate I'll still be doing next week...

i try to find a good map with dominaion limit 4200 or more but i just find a 4012 .nothing more.i tried it for 5 days nearly 55 hours.

The highest I have found is 4102 with a Pangea, 4580 with Archepegelo.

Looking forward with anticipation to the new version, Moonsinger.
Appreciate all the work you and Dianthus have put in. :goodjob:

I have a new way of getting to sleep at night now, instead of counting sheep, I watch 'Mapfinder':lol:

Ok, Here is Version 2 Beta:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/MapFinder2F.zip
//Editing the link: MapFinder2F.zip is the latest version.

Sample configure screen:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/MapFinder1.jpg

Note: the option for food/shield/gold work as follows:

1. "0" means OFF (don't use it); 1 or greater value will enable it.
2. Unless you absolutely sure what you are looking for, please do not turn it ON. I reccomend that you run a sample with this feature "OFF", go over the result to learn more about it before turning it "ON".

Anyway, at the end, the result will be presented in HTML format. Here is a sample of it:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/MapFinder2.jpg

Btw, any time you wish to end MapFinder, just simply hit the Window key or switch Civ3/PTW/C3C application to the background and it will stop. Basically, MapFinder will quit whenver it detects that Civ3/PTW/C3C is no longer the foreground application. "Alt-Tab" to switch to notepad or whatever other application will also stop the execution (isn't that cool or what?;)). Have fun!

I forgot to mention that it will restart C3C whenever it detects that C3C is about to die. :)

Wow, Looks great. Thanks Moonsinger. :goodjob:
Time to go check it out.

Excellent Job, Moonsinger! :goodjob: :goodjob:

FIRAXIS will be offering you a job next......for Civ 4!! :lol:

Moonsinger, I am having a few problems. When I start it I get the message 'This application has failed to start bec. vcl40.bpl was not found', and 'Unable to locate Savutils.dll'.
However the program still starts but it does not save games and it does not restart Conquests.

BTW, I had no problems running the previous version.

Sorry about that! It was looking for some runtime library that it doesn't need. This version should work fine now:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/MapFinder2F.zip
//Editing the link: MapFinder2F.zip is the latest version.

It is restarting Conquests just fine for me! What OS are you using? I know it restarting Conquests on WinXP, but I haven't tested it on other system yet.

Its working now thanks but still not restarting Conquests. I have XP as well. When conquests crashes the HTML report comes up but conquests does not restart.
Thanks also for getting rid of conquests intro movie - no more spacebar to skip it:)

Top Bottom