HOF V Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 57 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Crafty1 for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Great Plains, Persia (Darius I) game for 28624 points.

Bahaus was the most active player during this update, submitting 14 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Dancognito - 25 BC, Turn 114, 2254 points, Deity, Domination, Standard, Duel, Archipelago, England (Elizabeth) [G&K]

Gauntlet Results:
G-Major XXXVIII - Domination, Immortal, Standard, Tilted Axis, Standard, Iroquois (Hiawatha) [G&K]
1st vitorbaixinho - 1570 AD T-224
2nd dribnairb - 1804 AD T-272

G-Minor LVII - Science, King, Standard, Lakes, Standard, Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II) [G&K]
1st Dancognito - 1715 AD T-253
2nd dark_meph - 1874 AD T-307

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Major XXXIX - Diplomacy, King, Standard, Small Continents, Standard, Ottomans (Suleiman) [G&K]
G-Minor LVIII - Culture, Chieftain, Standard, Pangaea, Quick, India (Gandhi) [G&K]

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:

Fastest Finish (Date):
Crafty1 - 3280 BC, Turn 12, 3000 points, Chieftain, Domination, Quick, Duel, Fractal, Japan (Oda Nobunaga)
Crafty1 - 3220 BC, Turn 13, 3500 points, Chieftain, Domination, Quick, Duel, Fractal, America (Washington)
Bahaus - 2920 BC, Turn 18, 2060 points, Prince, Domination, Quick, Duel, Shuffle, Germany (Bismark) [G&K]
Bahaus - 3520 BC, Turn 8, 4950 points, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Pangaea, Huns (Attila) [G&K]
Bahaus - 2200 BC, Turn 30, 1600 points, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Archipelago, Greece (Alexander) [G&K]
Dancognito - 3000 BC, Turn 25, 3540 points, Settler, Domination, Standard, Duel, Archipelago, Polynesia (Kamehameha) [G&K]

Score:
Crafty1 - 16817 points, 1954 AD, Turn 247, Chieftain, Domination, Quick, Tiny, Pangaea, Rome (Augustus Caesar)
Crafty1 - 10688 points, 1914 AD, Turn 227, Chieftain, Domination, Quick, Duel, Fractal, Japan (Oda Nobunaga)
TractorBoy - 9680 points, 2049 AD, Turn 329, Emperor, Science, Quick, Standard, Fractal, Songhai (Askia)
TractorBoy - 10454 points, 2039 AD, Turn 478, Emperor, Culture, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Siam (Ramkhamhaeng)
TractorBoy - 9244 points, 2049 AD, Turn 329, King, Science, Quick, Tiny, Continents, Rome (Augustus Caesar)
Crafty1 - 17926 points, 1898 AD, Turn 319, Settler, Domination, Standard, Duel, Pangaea, America (Washington)
Crafty1 - 25630 points, 1720 AD, Turn 254, Settler, Domination, Standard, Duel, Inland Sea, Persia (Darius I)
Crafty1 - 27322 points, 1670 AD, Turn 244, Settler, Domination, Standard, Duel, Inland Sea, Aztec (Montezuma)
Crafty1 - 28624 points, 1715 AD, Turn 168, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Great Plains, Persia (Darius I)
Crafty1 - 26736 points, 1745 AD, Turn 174, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Great Plains, France (Napoleon)
Crafty1 - 17794 points, 1760 AD, Turn 779, Settler, Domination, Marathon, Duel, Pangaea, Japan (Oda Nobunaga)
Crafty1 - 19383 points, 1834 AD, Turn 427, Settler, Domination, Epic, Duel, Pangaea, Japan (Oda Nobunaga)
Crafty1 - 18168 points, 1758 AD, Turn 389, Settler, Domination, Epic, Duel, Pangaea, Aztec (Montezuma)
Bahaus - 4950 points, 3520 BC, Turn 8, Settler, Domination, Quick, Duel, Pangaea, Huns (Attila) [G&K]

Good stuff Crafty, it looks as if you are in for the long haul!! Assuming they don't make any changes to the scoring system, and If you stay with it, I reckon you will take me down by the end of the year, this is very good news for vexing because we play similar types of games and there are only so many points to play for.

Most of my entries are no where near optimal, I just settled for beating whatever had previously been set, I am sure there will be some very easy pickings for a player of your calibre!! If I continue to submit entries, I will have to take more care on the concentration front which isn't easy on the 30hr games I am currently playing.

Good luck and good gaming.

Good stuff Crafty, it looks as if you are in for the long haul!!

Thanks TractorBoy and well done to you and the others on their gold achievements. There is still a very long way to go for me to catch up and there are far harder games that need to be played. These will be difficult as I know from when I played before how good the top players are.

As for the scoring system I have had an simple idea which I hope they will be able to do and will post back into that same scoring suggestion thread.

Still got tons more to do but will be moving home during this new update and this is the same time as I will need to change to a different type of game, either by level or victory type. Not sure I will make much progress and you are extending your lead with VVV points that you gain.

End of year would seem unlikely but I will keep on trying.

By then I will probably cave in and buy an update such as G+K but we shall see.

They have to go through G&K first!

Why would I or anyone else ever have to go through a crap adaptation of the original game with the prospect of continuing with the HOF? Is it mandatory for some unexplained reason? What could be gained by playing a game that involves a given set of tactics that are accepted by all and sundry to the point that they are disputed by no one?

I don't quite know what this means. My part in this thread started with me admiring Crafty for his achievements and what he might be trying to achieve in the future.

If you are taking the piss out of me then there is only one way to hit back at you!! Say good bye to all your gold medals BELGIAN PERSON, the peace pact is over!! If I don't take them then Crafty will!!

As an adjudicator of what people get up to, you will be well aware that I have never sold gold per turn for gold, well I know that I have this in my locker and if I ever need to use it then I will (vanilla).

There is still a very long way to go for me to catch up and there are far harder games that need to be played. These will be difficult as I know from when I played before how good the top players are.

You Know as well as I do that score victories are much easier to achieve at the higher levels, the reason being that when you capture a City on a higher level then the surrounding countryside has been improved and the City is likely to have most of the relevant buildings. Playing against expansive AI civs is one of the keys to a high score along with low sea level. You know all of this and I get the feeling you are just messing around and working your way in slowly.
Talking about the top players, a lot of what they set was pre patches and are totally untouchable (not that I could ever have got near them). The same as this G&K, if Petra is ever toned down (it might have been for all I know) then date times that have been set will be untouchable.

End of year would seem unlikely but I will keep on trying

You should hold yourself in higher esteem, only four people have competed seriously in the VANILLA score games, and I can see that you are by far the best of all of us. Like I said after the last update, I can see your potential and would be the first to shake your hand when you get there.

I don't quite know what this means. My part in this thread started with me admiring Crafty for his achievements and what he might be trying to achieve in the future.

If you are taking the piss out of me then there is only one way to hit back at you!! Say good bye to all your gold medals BELGIAN PERSON, the peace pact is over!! If I don't take them then Crafty will!!

As an adjudicator of what people get up to, you will be well aware that I have never sold gold per turn for gold, well I know that I have this in my locker and if I ever need to use it then I will (vanilla).

You can even have my Belgian chocolate.

You can even have my Belgian chocolate.

You know where you stick your Belgian chocolate. I am fed up with seeing all your smilies in response to something I have said, maybe you have problems with the English language? Come to think of it, you do have a problem because you have on occasion used it for an excuse on this forum!!

EDIT - I felt sorry for you in the past and I have defended you time and again, well you don't need me now do you!!

It's okay TractorBoy.

We should try and get back on topic :)

It seems that the interest in Gauntlets is low atm due to the waiting for BNW.
Perhaps some of you are interested in a Vanilla gauntlet?

It's okay TractorBoy.

We should try and get back on topic :)

It seems that the interest in Gauntlets is low atm due to the waiting for BNW.
Perhaps some of you are interested in a Vanilla gauntlet?

I can't speak for Crafty1, but I have never been interested in Gauntlets. Thanks all the same.

I would possibly be interested but I think to save time it would be good to know how many people are left playing on Vanilla. I don't think there are many of us left to make a gauntlet worthwhile.

I would be, pleasantly, surprised to see some return from G&K but I expect most will already have moved on to become deeply involved in the new content, BNW.

Besides that, don't forget that TractorBoy has set me a little challenge:
I reckon you will take me down by the end of the year

Not sure I can afford the distraction of a gauntlet given that I have a huge gap to close and that he is still increasing his lead!

It would seem that we two, at least, have our own Gauntlet to handle but I would gladly welcome others to (re)join it.

Top Bottom