-2 MBs & 2 HVY Bombers Redline Tank & Fort Div & DESTROY Road 2 Ts E of city
-Hvy Bomber & TBD SHOT DOWN by Zekes Near Hanoi
-Hvy Bomber SHOT DOWN by Zeke near Bangkok

Java Sea
-Hvy Bomber & 2 TBFs Bomb Pandang and Injure Marine Div

GPS to Bowsling tonight

Sully

PS
Now one would think that 5 inch shells from my DD would have sunk an iceberg!!! I mean its ICE!!! Next time I'll fit my DDs with Flame throwers!!!

If I don't get this done today, can one of my allies please play?

And don't succumb to the temptation to retire and end this misery! :bump:

Well Bow..You might just want to play your own turn and not pass it off to your Axis partners. They have enough of their own misery to deal with after all! :)

Sully

but this could be the last play for HOF.....very hard to get so many players engaged and committed to such a complicated, complex, and long-term game. Obviously there has to be some changes in the first turn rules to breathe some new life and less "predictable" Kill static units based upon unit starting locations on the biq.

But bigger picture is..are there enough players that can and will commit to play a long-term game like this.

I also think that there needs to be a way to "slow" down artificial creation of large numbers of units that we see in HOF. This is a function of the limitations or exploits of the Civ 3 engine.

With that said...Eric created a great strategic game that works within the limits of the Civ 3 engine. I have enjoyed endless hours playing this scenario. I have a sad feeling that there won't be many more opportunities to continue enjoying this scenario.

I will always be willing to play a side in this scenario! Cheers!

Sully

I don't know about the rest of you blokes, but I'll gladly play in another game in this scenario. China is kind of between a rock and a hard place vs. Japan, but it's great fun :thumbsup:

Well, if Bowsling is on vacation, maybe Sully can send the save to Lanz and Eric-A provide the password and we finish this....I´m up for a second one, maybe playing Japan or Germany or even a minor faction for example...

I wouldn't mind seeing a condensed version of the scenario where it needs fewer players, in the tradition of Axis and Allies. That would certainly make it easier to run a PBEM version of it!

Ok Lanz...I've sent you the save...please reply back to it or here so I know you got it!!!

I'm all in for another game....but let's reduce the number of players to no more than 3 each side for a total of six or even to 4.

4 Players
Axis=Germany/MAxis and Japan
Allies= USA/CW/MA and Russia/China

I'd like my ole favorite Japan or take the US/CW/Mallies. And we agree to a revised Nov turn where Allied ships at sea are free to move with certain parameters. But first...I'd like to see this game to an end point first then start the new one.

I would also like to have Eric add a couple of new units which I think would enhance gameplay a lot. That would be Seaplanes...PBYs and Mavis and seaplane tenders. AND...Increase the cost of new units across the board. Finally I think all cities need to be looked at to be sure they have the correct improvements from the start.

But I'm ready for a new game once this one concludes! I would prefer a 3 player per side because I like you all. But it should be with the understanding that we make a committment to avoid week long delays.

Sully

It may be a long game but compared to the Napoleonic scenario
(war & Peace) I have been playing, this game just zips alongs at
warp speed!!

:rotfl:

@Sully - I wouldn't put Russia and China together; I think that would give too much synchronization between the two.

Instead, maybe:

5 Players
Axis=Germany and Japan/MAxis
Allies= USA/MA, CW(/MA?), and Russia

The one sticking point is producing large numbers of paratroopers in the West and airlifting them to China. It's very effective, but IMO it's not terribly appropriate for this scenario.

Top Bottom