HOF Version 3 - "Test Run"

eric_A

Deity
Ok, Hinge of Fate version 3 is ready for a multiplayer test run.
There 8 playable civs, but if you want to play Nature you must understand
that while can really annoy the other players, you have no chance of winning.

Game Started

1. Japan : Kuntis
2. Germany : Arexander
3. Russia : Eric_A
4. Minor Allies : AKsully
5. British Empire : That-Guy
6. Minor Axis : Semental
7. USA : Muzbang
8. Nature : AI

House rules:

No change of government allowed. No city flipping. No city razing

NO RELOADS unless the game crashes, reloads must be reported

Guerillas forces (partisans, resistance and Red Army) may not be loaded onto sea transports. Partisans and Resistance are restricted to Europe. Red army are restricted to China and the Soviet far east.

A maximum of 4 air units per airbase. This rule only applies at the end of
your turn. You may voilate the limit during the course of your turn, as long
as there are only 4 units left at the end. New airbases cannot be built within 4 tiles
of an existing airbase.

A maximum of 4 divisions (or 1 corp + 1 division) of land units may be placed on one
tile islands such as Midway. Islands with cities such as Pearl Harbor are exempt from this
rule. This rule only applies at the end of your turn. You may voilate the limit during
the course of your turn, as long as there are only 4 divisions left at the end.
Artillery, flak, Kamikaze and V-1 units do not count against this limit.

Oil units must be transported to VP location on the Japanese home islands.

City Trading: City trading is only allowed in the following special cases:

a. Plymouth may be traded to the US as a base for the Normandy invasion.

b. Any city can be traded back to the civ which owned it at the start of the game if liberated by an ally.

c. Paris may be traded to the Minor Allies if liberated by US or CW.

Spain and Gibraltar:
Allied forces are restricted to Gibraltar and cannot enter the surrounding Spanish territory
unless the Axis enter Spain. If the Axis enter Spain then the Allies can move through Spain without
restriction.

Running a deficit to Boost research is not allowed. The is a 1000 VP penalty
should you "accidentally" (because of unrest) run out of money.

German construction brigades are restricted to use within Europe and must stay west
of Warsaw

It is not allowed for a team to use civil engineers to contribute shields to the construction of a building, and then rush that building and switch to a unit, as the shields from the civil engineers will carry over when they should not. Additionally, teams cannot partly build a city improvement, rush it, and then switch production to another building and continue this process, as the civil engineers' shields will be counted once for each rush, providing a false number of shields.

Changing Laborers pre-Production Phase
No breaking into the build sequence and changing Laborers from high commerce tiles to high production tiles by navigating through the city arrows or F1. Changing the Laborers in a city which has already completed it's production phase is allowable though.

No Gold Mine, I.e. making cities give wealth and production at the same time. First set the cities to produce wealth. At the beginning of the next turn when another city is done building something else you can go to other cities with the arrows above and change the production of the cities that produce wealth to e.g. some unit. That will get production as well.

The Blizzard Rules (only Russia has blizzard units so these apply only to Russia):

Blizzards may not move south of Maikop.

Blizzards MAY NOT attack cities, they MAY defend cities.

A maximum of 2 blizzard attacks on a tile per turn.

A maximum of 2 blizzard units may stack in a tile at the end of the Russian turn.

Blizzards may not pillage roads, rails, mines forts and irrigation.

Blizzards may destroy radar towers and watch towers.

If a blizzard unit captures non-combat units such as workers or heavy guns
the captured units may not move or be disbanded until a non-blizzard Russian
combat unit enters the tile.

If a blizzard unit captures an airfield, Russian air and parachute units may not
rebase to that airfield until a non-blizzard Russian combat unit enters the tile.

Any blizzards still left on the map at the beginning of the Russian April turn
must be disbanded.

Nature Rules:
Attacks on Nature's at start cities are not permitted. However, should nature
units capture a non-nature city it can be attacked by any player.

No diplomatic agreements with nature ( i.e. ROPs, MPPs, etc.). You may declare
war on nature at any time.

I could try Minor Axis. Even if I haven't played PBEM or HOF before. :)

Arexander:
Welcome to the game, I am sending you a PM with the link to the big
zip file for the scenario. You need to unzip it in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios

Is it allowed to rename units? Like if I build a destroyer as USA, I can rename it to USS Arexander (DD-1)? Or if I buld an infantry division, I can rename it to 22nd Infantry Division? Or a parachute division (if there are) to 34th Airborne Division? I like to rename units like that in my games. :)

What does nature do? I would like to play it, but if it's not what I think it is I would like Germany.

Is it allowed to rename units? Like if I build a destroyer as USA, I can rename it to USS Arexander (DD-1)? Or if I buld an infantry division, I can rename it to 22nd Infantry Division? Or a parachute division (if there are) to 34th Airborne Division? I like to rename units like that in my games. :)

Yes, you can name your units as you like.

What does nature do? I would like to play it, but if it's not what I think it is I would like Germany.

Wow, the nature civ seems to be more popular than I though. I guess people
like being a nuisance. Let me know when you've made your choice.

Well I too thought of taking nature but then decided to play as Minor Axis to re-do Winter War and Continuation War but this time in Finland's favor. :mischief:

Well, it's not what I thought it is, but I'll take nature. I thought it was like "divine intervention", which is where the civ goes into WB and messes everyone up or helps them etc... But then I realized Civ3 didn't have Worldbuilder.

Hey,

What about Blaze? Are you still interested in playing this even without being Nature? :)

Not really, sorry, I wanted a part were I didn't have to put to much planning into.
With Nature there is only you doing what Natures patterns would do.

I'm toying with a Plup-Alt WWII story playing the Conquests Pacific scenario.
This would be a break from doing the story. :)

Blaze Injun

Top Bottom