1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HoF

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by WarFox, Mar 3, 2013.

1. WarFox

WarFox Chieftain

This month/week gauntlets both major/minor are unplayable... please do something about it...

2. Xger

Xger Prince

You might want to be more specific than that.

3. Salomo

Salomo Warlord

Yeah, when there are so many reasons for such statement, it is difficult to see which one he is referring to ;-)

For me they are unplayable because one is deity (hardly won those on vanilla, and being new to G&K it is de fato unplayable to me) and the other requires Korea (DLC not part of G&K).

He might also refer to the fact that both are domination. While technically still playable, someone that doesn't want to play a domination game might find the lack of diversity frustrating to the degree of calling them "unplayable". It certainly excludes both from being "playable" for me personally.

However, the perhaps most likely reason could be that neither is playable with vanilla.

4. Xger

Xger Prince

Those are all personal reasons, and seem to forget that the gauntlets have to appeal to a wide number of people - deity players have been waiting. A good number of players have all the DLC. Unplayable to me means something that actually doesn't work.

5. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

To me, Vanila HOF was unplayable for many months. Having purchased the GOTY edition, I had content which was disallowed by the former HOF rules. I am very happy that the HOF has been updated to include the latest versions of Civ5.

6. HideInLight

HideInLight Warlord

I am also dissapointed by having only domination gauntlets available :/

On the bright side though, it means I will probably have a 14 days break from Civ 5 and manage to do some things that have long been waiting for my attention :)

7. Peets

Peets Emperor Hall of Fame Staff

When we create gauntlets we sadly can't make everyone happy.

8. WarFox

WarFox Chieftain

one of them is deity, other requires korea dlc..

9. Salomo

Salomo Warlord

Shame on you! :spank:

;-)

10. Xger

Xger Prince

As I said, that doesn't make either of them generally unplayable, just unplayable for you. Gauntlets have to change up to get something for everyone over a reasonable amount of time. Such is the way of life.

11. Gomoto

Gomoto Chieftain

Hi,

I for one love the challenge! Thanks to HOF, allthough not the recent gauntlet, I managed today my first deity win (Looked at the table with the most entries, a Marathon Duel Attila Rampage.) That was great fun, soon after after a few turns I realized, this time I will climb the hill. How I longed for this achievment ;)

Thanks HoF Team
    Keep up the good work!

12. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

As Peets said, we can only please some of the people some of the time. Not all the people all the time. :)

We try to rotate through a lot of different combinations so there is variety. We have both major and minor gaunlets to provide different options. Worst-case there will be a new minor in a couple weeks.

We also have a Gauntlet suggestions thread if there is something that has not come up lately you think people may be interested in trying.

So please don't abuse the gauntlet provider. You piss him off at your own risk... Huge, Marathon, anyone? :mischief:

13. vexing

vexing knows

chieftain, atilla, great plains, domination... sure =)

14. The Pilgrim

The Pilgrim Deity

Time! :p