Holes in the cultural bubble in Earth Expanded Europe?

LightofAbraxas

Chieftain
Hey all, I posted this in the main bug forum, and it was suggested that I ask here, as well.

I seem to be running into a bug in which certain tiles seem to be excluded from my cultural bubble. This only seems to happen in the EE version of Rhye's Earth maps. I have the latest version of BtS installed. And, I should say that I've gotten this bug on multiple maps that have been adapted from Rhye's mod to normal BtS, which I am playing.

When I found Athens or Rome, a couple squares in either Crete or Corsica seem to be excluded from my borders (and similarly, the computer's borders) unless I settle a city inside them. Unless I found a city inside that bubble, no culture ever seems to accumulate.

As far as I can tell, there is no other civilization's culture in the tiles... they are just blank 'holes'.

Browsing the files with a text editor also doesn't seem to reveal anything special about them.

I've searched the forums, and haven't come across any solutions to this bug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all, I posted this in the main bug forum, and it was suggested that I ask here, as well.

I seem to be running into a bug in which certain tiles seem to be excluded from my cultural bubble. This only seems to happen in the EE version of Rhye's Earth maps. I have the latest version of BtS installed. And, I should say that I've gotten this bug on multiple maps that have been adapted from Rhye's mod to normal BtS, which I am playing.

When I found Athens or Rome, a couple squares in either Crete or Corsica seem to be excluded from my borders (and similarly, the computer's borders) unless I settle a city inside them. Unless I found a city inside that bubble, no culture ever seems to accumulate.

As far as I can tell, there is no other civilization's culture in the tiles... they are just blank 'holes'.

Browsing the files with a text editor also doesn't seem to reveal anything special about them.

I've searched the forums, and haven't come across any solutions to this bug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your culture only expands two tiles overtop of water. Anything past those two tiles from your coast is not included in your cultural borders.

Oh, no kidding.

So all is working as designed in BtS, then. Thank you very much, this was bugging the hell out of me.

Top Bottom