Holiday greetings from Firaxis (via Twitter)

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
FkclQHuVEAASGS7.jpeg

Firaxis has sent holiday greetings via Twitter.
I like the artwork :).

(for the pure hardcore civ fans: The aliens are from pretty sure from XCOM)

Gilgamesh playing with a remote control toy train was not something I thought of before, but now I want it. :V

Firaxis has sent holiday greetings via Twitter.
I like the artwork :).

(for the pure hardcore civ fans: The aliens are from pretty sure from XCOM)
The advent officer in the bottom left is from XCOM. The aliens are supervising the construction of the pyramids and ziggurat, because… aliens.

Nzinga, maybe? Seondeok looks adorable incidentally.
I'm actually thinkign it's an XCOM character as the only Civ VI character that looks remotely similar is Shaka, but he doesn't look quite similar enough for me.

I'm actually thinkign it's an XCOM character as the only Civ VI character that looks remotely similar is Shaka, but he doesn't look quite similar enough for me.
Or Midnight Suns. I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Marvel characters beyond the original Avengers.

Or Midnight Suns. I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Marvel characters beyond the original Avengers.

Blade? Doesn't look like him. I'm guessing XCOM. He is dressed like some of the aliens.
Given that Firaxis' logo is on the card, I'm kind of curious if they would have been sued by Disney if they actually had used a Marvel character, or if Disney has truly put their hyper-litigious days behind them.:mischief: Anyway, I'm guessing he is a XCOM character because he has the same pants as all of the other ones.

White Gilgamesh :shifty:
Reminds me of the time in on of DC's comics they accidentally colored an African American character white, fixed it in the collected editions but then accidentally colored a Japanese character black.

Given that Firaxis' logo is on the card, I'm kind of curious if they would have been sued by Disney if they actually had used a Marvel character, or if Disney has truly put their hyper-litigious days behind them.:mischief:
Presumably their license would extend to marketing.

Presumably their license would extend to marketing.
I could see a particularly bored lawyer arguing about marketing for the game versus marketing for Firaxis, which also strikes me as something Disney would have done.

I really feel like we've dropped the ball as Civ Fanatics, though. Shouldn't we be scouring this picture to figure out that it's secretly revealing that there will be ophidian aliens in Civ7, which will be announced on the 15th of March to celebrate the completion of the Eiffel Tower? :mischief:

Merry Christmas all. It's gonna be a pleasant 25°C here on Sunday. I encourage all northern hemisphere people to experience one Christmas in the height of summer, here in the southern hemisphere. Do it. It's fun. We can teach you how to play beach cricket.

Merry Christmas all. It's gonna be a pleasant 25°C here on Sunday. I encourage all northern hemisphere people to experience one Christmas in the height of summer, here in the southern hemisphere. Do it. It's fun. We can teach you how to play beach cricket.
I've spent the last 15 years in Florida, and warm weather still doesn't feel Christmasy to me. This year I'm spending Christmas in the mountains, and it's a snowy -5F, as is proper. :xmas::xmastree:

Top Bottom