holiday traditions?

boann

Tuatha princess
how do you and your family spend Thanksgiving?

Neither do we, but I wish Christmas were celebrated as Thanksgiving as - i.e., less commercial, more family-orientated.

Where I live, though, there are many Americans around - there is a large international school locally, and many of the rich American bankers who work in the City live out here - so the local supermarkets and shops do market it. It's probably one of the most American areas of England in that sense, so it's more noticeable than would otherwise be the case.

Canada celebrated Thanksgiving lasy month! Our's is in October!

my favorite way to spend thanksgiving is having friends or family come over and have dinner and just spend the day together.
i like to find folks i know that don't have any family close
and invite them. usually it includes a few of my sons friends
who are in college or from the different ska and punk bands hes played with. its a trip to have grandparents at the same table with punk and ska rockers :)

this year we are going to take a week off and go be with
my aunt who has terminal cancer.

ive always thought thanksgiving was the least commercialized
holiday. its one of the reasons i like it a lot.
mostly i think its just to take time to remember and be thankful for the good things and the people we love.

I also don't celebrate this holiday.

Same as always, the house will be packed with relatives, including the dopey ones I hate, Mrs AoA will cook far too much food, she and her sister and the other girls will argue over who makes the best stuffing, I will pretend I don't hear them while watching lousy football from the Lions and Cowboys, everybody will eat a lot, and will have a good time.

Same as every year. :lol:

Like most Canadians, I do next to nothing. It's just not that big here.

I was in the US on business during American Thanksgiving once. One of the guys at the plant where I was visiting invted me to his family's celebration. I've never seen anything like it! I didn't eat again for months!

All the Brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews go to Mom and Dads for turkey and pie. We tell all the same old hilareous family stories and then fall asleep on the couch watching football while the women do the dishes.

I start the day off with a grouse hunt and end the weekend with the Real PA holiday: OPENING DAY OF DEER SEASON.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Oh yeah I wish we could also approach Christmas with the same good sence.

Many ding a lings in my area already have christmas decorations up. WTF...

i dont celebrate thanksgiving isnt it celebrated like christmas used to be celebrated before it got all corprate

Useless Fact: The USA's busiest shopping day is the day after Thanksgiving.

Originally posted by Pillager
Useless Fact: The USA's busiest shopping day is the day after Thanksgiving.

Funny trend this year, we are seeing a birrage of pre-thanksgiving sales.

Go christmas shopping in January for the BEST deals:D

Top Bottom