Holy City Creation Failure?

solops

Warlord
I founded Christianity in my capitol in 25292 BC with a Great Prophet. In about 5000 BC I got another Great Prophet and tried to use it to build the Cathedral of ??? with it there and noticed that I do not have a holy city for Christianity in Rome or anywhere else. Would someone please explain this to me and tell me what needs to happen for a holy city to manifest? I did look in the Civilopedia and I did a serach on the forum but found no help.

Looks like some sort of game option conflict. Upload save.

By the way your account is so old :p

Old account....yeah, been around. Have had all of the Civs. Civ4 is still the best, with C2C loaded.

Attachments

• D2 BC-4668.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.4 MB · Views: 37
Also, no other mods are loaded. I am using only basic, un-modded C2C v38.

Are you sure YOU founded christianity? It has to be the first time Christianity has been spread to a city and prophets are simply able to spread any religion that you have the tech for and the city doesn't have.

Are you sure YOU founded christianity? It has to be the first time Christianity has been spread to a city and prophets are simply able to spread any religion that you have the tech for and the city doesn't have.

95% positive. I am pretty sure I checked. Only one other religion had been founded, Hellenism in 37788 BC, and it got into my only city, which peeved me. So I rushed to get a prophet and establish my own religion.

95% positive. I am pretty sure I checked. Only one other religion had been founded, Hellenism in 37788 BC, and it got into my only city, which peeved me. So I rushed to get a prophet and establish my own religion.
You'd need to provide me with a save that shows the prophet selected and about to spread the religion so I can see how it processes.

How do you Found Christianity in 4668BC? That is wonky to say the least. :p

Screwy way to play, but I guess some like it that way. That's why we offer Options Huh! :p
My wife's a huge fan. it's actually not a bad game, just not a historical simulation at all in that manner. It introduces some interesting decisions, particularly since you can capture better later religions earlier BUT not be able to take full advantage of them for a long time or if you can the build costs for the buildings are nearly prohibitive. But then you keep the enemy from getting it. Certainly presents new angles to consider.

I play like that as well, talking about religions, is there a table in this forums over the religious buildings and what bonuses they give? It gets a bit cumbersome to travel around civopedia for them at times.

I play like that as well, talking about religions, is there a table in this forums over the religious buildings and what bonuses they give? It gets a bit cumbersome to travel around civopedia for them at times.
No there is not.

I don't know how the hell they did it, but apparently the Danes beat me to it.

Top Bottom