• holy smokes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • holy christ on a cracker

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • meh

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • huh?

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • im pissed perfs had the polls close in a week so i couldn't be cagey and vote after the dust settled

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • good thinking perfs on the polls timeout

• this is all mere prelude to giant death robots taking over

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • it's rigged i tell you rigged

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • why aren't you talking more about biden perfs it's really about biden

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • trump is criminal scum

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • joe biden is criminal scum

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • hunter biden is criminal scum

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • mashed potatoes and gravy

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • mashed potatoes alone

• gravy alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neither mashed potatoes nor gravy

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • [insert poll option here]

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Calling them "inverted commas" hardly seems to recommend you as an expert in explaining their proper usage. Just sayin'.

I wasn't presuming to suggest that I was an expert in punctuation usage, particularly if you found my use of a valid British English term to be controversial.

I wasn't presuming to suggest that I was an expert in punctuation usage, particularly if you found my use of a valid British English term to be controversial.

I was just teasing.

Is "inverted commas" really a term in British English?

TIL

I'll grant you that "inverted commas" doesn't sound very elegant and is in fact longer to type than "speech marks", so I'm not sure why I used that particular name. C'est la vie, I suppose. :)

Here's a fake news article you can read, too, if you want.

Yeah this muddies the waters further.

The DNC denied the FBI access to their email server in 2016. Comey gave that testimony, as well as a statement that they accepted a report from Crowdstrike as a substitute for their own forensics, in early 2017 before the special counsel existed. The fake news article refers to developments at the FBI and intel community, not the special counsel, that must have occurred much later, because it refers to events in mid 2018. Particularly, the special counsel's indictments of Russians (IIRC) did not relate to the DNC server but instead to troll farms, like the Internet Research Agency, set up by the Russians to sow political discord in the US through social media. A huge deal was made about this at the time. Almost nothing was said about the DNC server when these indictments came out. The troll farms and the DNC hackers were probably a lot of the same people, though. And the IC/FBI are different people from the special counsel, and maybe the work referred-to in the article is an entirely different set of indictments?

Since they were for people who wouldn't appear in a US court, Mueller's indictments were just a show of force. But one of the suspects, Concord Management, actually showed up. They hired lawyers in DC to represent them, and Mueller's team had to scramble to bog the court proceedings down to prevent the defense from getting discovery rights on the entire Mueller investigation. There are multiple ways to interpret this. Basically, though, assuming the Mueller investigation was an honest operation, it could be because they had sensitive material they did not want to fall into Russian hands. Assuming (as I am inclined, based on Mueller's performance before congress this year) that the Mueller investigation was actually the Weissmann investigation, it could be they had sensitive material they did not to fall into Republican hands.

One thing that remained from the Russian indictments was the absolute dearth of anything tying the president to any of this. I have never objected to the Mueller investigation, and I was pretty happy with the results. I think Trump might be a strong enough character to fight these deep state bastards in this strange, weaponless conflict. His political support base remains intact despite the media's efforts.

Really proving Tim wrong. Top notch work.

Tis nothing at all, shooting fish in a barrel... But ty

Your posts are predictable.
Although you claim to be a libertarian you always defend Trump and can't fault anything he does.
Although you claim to not be a racist whenever the police shoot a black person you are always making excuses for them. Not just sometimes, always.

Predictable, yes... I dont like either party so words of praise coming from me are rare but earned. I said Trump should be impeached for the way he treated the Kurds (I've since reconsidered that one) and for raping his wife (allegedly) along with various criticisms over policy. Mostly I 'defend' him when Democrats are accusing him of crimes they've already committed - like asking foreigners for help to win elections. Its not so much a defense as a rejection of partisan hypocrisy.

The only cop I defended was the guy who killed Michael Brown. But just to name a few, I said the cops who killed Jean, Tamir Rice, Castile, Eric Garner, and the guy in South Carolina who was shot in the back on video were in the wrong. Thats 1 cop out of 6 I defended, not always.

I'm shifting gears, you are the dumpster fire. Just because he didn't get his personnel in place to do this through proper channels in a legal manner does not excuse him breaking the law repeatedly you shill.

To be clear if Trump and Biden both go down and both the RNC and DNC are damaged severely because all of this my heart will swoon.

Trump is obliged by law to have Obama's personnel conduct an investigation into Obama's Ukrainian connections and activities? Does the Mafia get to investigate itself too? Can you cite this law? If Trump is to be impeached, cant he have his lawyer investigate Ukraine without having Obama's ambassador interfere? I'd be happy if every Democrat and Republican who asked foreigners for help was prosecuted, assuming of course thats a crime.

Trump is obliged by law to have Obama's personnel conduct an investigation into Obama's Ukrainian connections and activities? Does the Mafia get to investigate itself too? Can you cite this law? If Trump is to be impeached over this, cant he have his lawyer investigate Ukraine without having Obama's ambassador interfere? I'd be happy if every Democrat and Republican who asked foreigners for help was prosecuted, assuming of course thats a crime.

There is no shortage of congressmen and senators who already have investigations going (where is that IG report that was going to get all those FBI guys arrested anyways?), that's how the dems handled it (you know legally), Obama didn't do horsehocky. He asked McConnell to help him and sat on his hands when he was rebuffed. Your revisionist history is fudging abhorrent because you're a dumpster fire politically.

Trump is obliged to put his own personnel in, just because he is to inept to have gotten this done almost three years in is not anyone's fault but his own.

No, it's not that. Nobody believes it's that other than you.

It doesn't matter what you think you're saying if everyone else thinks you're saying something different. That means you're failing at communicating.

You have it backwards, what I believe matters, not what you believe. Thats my motive we're talking about, thats why I 'defend' Trump. I dont care if you think I defend him for some other reason, my reason is I reject the hypocrisy of Democrats who want to impeach him for 'crimes' they've committed too. I cant support them, I'd be guilty of demanding unequal treatment under the law.

NO COLLUSION ! /s
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHH
GUESS WHOS SON WAS JUST APPOINTED BY TRUMP TO THE DOJ YOU WILL NEVER GUESS IN A BAZILLION YEARS.

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project <------------------- We are here

Ukrainian Oligarch Wanted by U.S. Authorities Paid $1 Million to Giuliani-Linked Lawyers to Dig Up Biden Dirt
Associates of Dmitry Firtash, a Ukrainian oligarch wanted by U.S. authorities on conspiracy charges, reportedly worked to find dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden last year as part of an effort to enlist Rudy Giuliani’s help with the oligarch’s legal case. According to Bloomberg, Firtash—who is based in Vienna, Austria, and fighting extradition to the U.S.—hired pro-Trump lawyers Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing earlier this year.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dmitr...1-million-to-lawyers-digging-up-dirt-on-biden

The Justice Department Hired the Son of a Vocal Trump Defender
new gig in Trump’s Justice Department. Brady Toensing—whose mother Victoria Toensing and and step-father Joe diGenova are key players in the rapidly growing Ukraine scandal—joined the DOJ in June as a senior counsel in its Office of Legal Policy.
The DOJ won’t say how Brady Toensing got the job, but the entire family has close ties to Trump
Now Toensing has found his way into a senior Justice Department spot that doesn’t require Senate confirmation. It’s unclear exactly why he was hired or what he’s doing there.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/10/brady-toensing-justice-department/

You have it backwards, what I believe matters, not what you believe.

Yeah, I mean, if you don't care about what people think about what you're saying, then sure, what everyone else thinks doesn't matter, but that's a pretty tautological argument.

If you don't care what people understand from your words, why are you even posting here?

There is no shortage of congressmen and senators who already have investigations going (where is that IG report that was going to get all those FBI guys arrested anyways?), that's how the dems handled it (you know legally), Obama didn't do ****. He asked McConnell to help him and sat on his hands when he was rebuffed. Your revisionist history is ******* abhorrent because you're a dumpster fire politically.

Trump is obliged to put his own personnel in, just because he is to inept to have gotten this done almost three years in is not anyone's fault but his own.

The Dems handled it legally? We know they solicited help from foreigners to beat Trump and we know that help included a 'dossier' filled with BS sent to the FBI to obtain a warrant to spy on Trump's campaign. Now the Democrats have been telling us its illegal to solicit help from foreigners, so is it legal for them but not for Trump? Where is this law you claim forbids Trump from having his lawyer investigate Ukraine without Obama's ambassador getting in the way?

Yeah, I mean, if you don't care about what people think about what you're saying, then sure, what everyone else thinks doesn't matter, but that's a pretty tautological argument.

If you don't care what people understand from your words, why are you even posting here?

C'mon man, we all know why he posts here.

Being disingenuous will be totally wasted on him. Ten bucks.

The Dems handled it legally? We know they solicited help from foreigners to beat Trump and we know that help included a 'dossier' filled with BS sent to the FBI to obtain a warrant to spy on Trump's campaign. Now the Democrats have been telling us its illegal to solicit help from foreigners, so is it legal for them but not for Trump? Where is this law you claim forbids Trump from having his lawyer investigate Ukraine without Obama's ambassador getting in the way?

Then make your case, there are still avenues for your side to do so, but they are not doing it. I wonder why? Like you I don't like either party. I find most democrats weak and pathetic and Republicans monstrous.

The FBI reportedly began a criminal investigation into Manafort in 2014, shortly after Yanukovych was deposed during Euromaidan.[146] That investigation predated the 2016 election by several years and is ongoing. In addition, Manafort is also a person of interest in the FBI counterintelligence probe looking into the Russian government's interference in the 2016 presidential election.[147][13]

I won;t even get into the Steele Dossier with yo. . . nevermind actually everything is a dead end with you. Have a good day.

The DNC denied the FBI access to their email server in 2016. Comey gave that testimony, as well as a statement that they accepted a report from Crowdstrike as a substitute for their own forensics, in early 2017 before the special counsel existed.
It looks like the FBI did request physical access. However, Comey also testified that what they were given was appropriate and that sounds about right to me. Malware is software, (a) residing on disk, (b) in memory, and (c) often using network I/O (we're told this "Cozy Bear" aka "APT29" malware was sending stolen data somewhere). It is a fact that CrowdStrike gave the FBI disk and memory images (a & b) and network logs (c). That is good enough. As for the claim "they accepted a report from Crowdstrike as a substitute for their own forensics", that's wrong. I think you're conflating "forensics" with "report" or "analysis."

So you'd have us believe CrowdStrike (and multiple other companies) fabricated a bunch of computer forensics and no one ever noticed, despite so many people being involved and re-analyzing their data. Or, more likely, you'd have us believe these companies and the FBI and the rest of the IC and even many of Trump's allies in Congress (who've seen all the classified evidence) are all in cahoots to bring him down. And the FBI even began preparing for this coup in 2014 (Paul Manafort starts being investigated) and 2015 (FBI learns the DNC has been hacked, long before Trump becomes the nominee). Not buying it.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill and letting Trump lead us down rabbit holes that don't matter.

Particularly, the special counsel's indictments of Russians (IIRC) did not relate to the DNC server but instead to troll farms, like the Internet Research Agency, set up by the Russians to sow political discord in the US through social media. A huge deal was made about this at the time. Almost nothing was said about the DNC server when these indictments came out. The troll farms and the DNC hackers were probably a lot of the same people, though. And the IC/FBI are different people from the special counsel, and maybe the work referred-to in the article is an entirely different set of indictments?
Well, you did not remember correctly, if we're talking about the same batch of indictments. You can read it yourself. IRA is never even mentioned. But lots of evidence Russia hacked the DNC is.

Since they were for people who wouldn't appear in a US court, Mueller's indictments were just a show of force. But one of the suspects, Concord Management, actually showed up. They hired lawyers in DC to represent them, and Mueller's team had to scramble to bog the court proceedings down to prevent the defense from getting discovery rights on the entire Mueller investigation. There are multiple ways to interpret this. Basically, though, assuming the Mueller investigation was an honest operation, it could be because they had sensitive material they did not want to fall into Russian hands. Assuming (as I am inclined, based on Mueller's performance before congress this year) that the Mueller investigation was actually the Weissmann investigation, it could be they had sensitive material they did not to fall into Republican hands.
A lot of speculation that's getting away from the main point here: Trump has been making bizarre and farfetched claims about "the DNC server" (again, there was no singular DNC server and it makes no sense that it would be in Ukraine or Ukraine would have anything to do with it) and trying to base US foreign policy on his beliefs about this server (beliefs most of his own people have been telling him are bs). And the Biden nonsense, of course. But that's the WH for you when we elect the dude who cut his teeth on birtherism.

One thing that remained from the Russian indictments was the absolute dearth of anything tying the president to any of this. I have never objected to the Mueller investigation, and I was pretty happy with the results.
Somewhat true, somewhat false.

I think Trump might be a strong enough character to fight these deep state bastards in this strange, weaponless conflict. His political support base remains intact despite the media's efforts.
The investigation was as much about Russia as it was about Trump. He gave the media ammo by making the investigation all about himself because... he's a childish narcissist who makes everything about himself.

Last edited:

I dont care what you or anybody else thinks my motives are for posting, thats something I know and you dont. If I said your motive for posting was A) and you knew it was B), you wouldn't care what I thought either.

C'mon man, we all know why he posts here.

Being disingenuous will be totally wasted on him. Ten bucks.

Heya, aren't you supposed to be using the quote function brave Sir Tim? You're such a hypocrite

Megalomania, anyone?

I know my motives, you dont. Is it megalomania when you dont care what I think about your motives? You're such a...oh, I said that already.

Then make your case, there are still avenues for your side to do so, but they are not doing it. I wonder why?

Barr, Durham and Trump's legal team are investigating. How long did we have to wait for Mueller's report?

The FBI reportedly began a criminal investigation into Manafort in 2014, shortly after Yanukovych was deposed during Euromaidan.[146] That investigation predated the 2016 election by several years and is ongoing. In addition, Manafort is also a person of interest in the FBI counterintelligence probe looking into the Russian government's interference in the 2016 presidential election.[147][13]

I won;t even get into the Steele Dossier with yo. . . nevermind actually everything is a dead end with you. Have a good day.

The black ledger is what brought Manafort down in the summer of '16 during the election and he said it was a forgery because he didn't get cash payments. Now if he's right then somebody - Ukrainians, Obama, Biden or Clinton - forged his name. What the FBI didn't find in '14 has no bearing on what happened.

Isn't the dossier irrefutable evidence the Democrats solicited help from foreigners to win an election? Why yes it is... I remember back in '17 when the Democrat's media was telling us about Christopher Steele and his gospel of truth. A foreigner tried to throw the election to Hillary by feeding lies to the FBI to spy on Trump and he's a hero to the protectors of democracy.

Top Bottom