1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Holy Holy Site!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by BrotherInJah, Jan 20, 2019.

1. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Sorry for bragging but i have this kind of adjacency for the first time, ok.. it's with +100% HS card but still +8 base is my record. I just got great scientist who added same bonus for beakers (+16 out of 70 in total is a big deal).

Is it possible to get higher?

2. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

Yea I just had a +8 holy site myself. Dance of the Aurora surrounded by tundra and next to a natural wonder. Led to a pretty nice Religious Victory. Well done bagging the scientist who adds the beakers.

BrotherInJah likes this.
  3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Very nice.

I haven't thought about this carefully, but the adjacency bonus from districts could give you three if you completely surround it with districts, added to six from dance of the aurora or desert folklore would give 9.

Specific civ abilities might give higher possibilities.

ChocolateShake and BrotherInJah like this.
  4. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

I think the most would be one of the tundra mountain wonders, then you can stick a holy site in the middle of the 2 wonders (+4), with all 6 neighbours as tundra (+6), and then you can even add forests around it to get to +12 (+14 as Norway, or does it end up as +16). Or +3 extra for Australia, or some for the other civs. I've gotten up to that +11 or so mark at least once or twice, when I've had a Russia start. Those are definitely the games that you want that scientist, for sure.

Siptah likes this.
  5. dagriggstar

dagriggstar Chieftain

I remember having a Brazil game with sacred path. Two base +12 holy sites, with Oracle and that faith to science scientist (along with any great people I wanted)

WillowBrook likes this.
  6. Southern_Hunter

Southern_Hunter Chieftain

Everest gives you extra for adjacency, in addition to being next to a wonder (twice). Australia gives you +3 for spectacular scenery. I've tried to find the ultimate site, but never quite found it. No doubt there will be quetzels there (on a triple word score).

7. Naeshar

Naeshar Chieftain

I don't think wonders have a specific terrain, neither do mountains. You could also consider Japan's district adjacency and gov. plaza bonus. +13fpt would do (6 from terrain type, 7 from districts). On base. That's 26 with double adjacency card, right?

8. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Australia + Dance + Mountains or Woods + Natural Wonder leads to some insane cheese. I don't think I've had higher than +8 with Aus either, but i mean, that's more than good enough. I do believe ouu can further improve the adjacency if you postpone the Site and get a nextdoor Theatre Square or Entertainment Complex first (which add even more appeal + district adjacency bonus)

9. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Aus with Roraima is at least +9... Then plaza with another two districts can bump that to +11.5...

Doubled would be +23.

Possible to go higher if you are willing to spend your pantheon slot for adjacency pantheons...

10. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

WHOA. Are you saying the adjacency bonus of a built district doesn't update when you build a new district adjacent?

If true I need to hand in my Fanatic card because I've been playing like it does.

11. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

U.Hollow natural wonder (4) + Dance of the Aurua (6) + 4 forests (2) + Stave Church w/ the same 4 forests (4) = 16
    Then double with scripture makes it 32

With hildigarde you can also get 32 science adjacency.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

This is exactly what I've had. This is the highest yield district I've ever had other than a couple + 12/24 Hansas. I'll get a screenshot in later.

13. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

Keep your card. Adjacency bonuses definitely update when you build around a district. I've checked many times in my games.

Depravo, Naeshar and WillowBrook like this.
  14. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

The adjacency bonus updates, obviously (it also goes down if put down a mine, Encampment or IZ adjacent to a breathtaking Aussie district), but the Era score actually does not. I've noticed that if you put down a +2 IZ and then build additional mines around it, you won't get the Era Score.

WillowBrook and Depravo like this.
  15. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Chieftain

I got a base 11 adjacency a while back. Dance of the Aurora, Russia, and Yosemite. Very rare for me to find something to this degree.

Attached Files:

WillowBrook, Depravo and BrotherInJah like this.
  16. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Now do the same with Australia..:D anyways +11 is impressive. Funny thing is that i didn't planned to get +8.. and these adjacencies coming only from tiles starting from turn 1 are superior to anything what reqires some strange distric placement (strange = with the cost of own adjacency).

Best thing, before GS added beakers Gilgamesh made fun of me how little I'm reserching only to return couple turns later to prise me for tech advancement.. oh agendas..;)

17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

not sure any pantheon could boost this holy site any more since it is on grassland. I wasn't playing a religious game, so I didn't run the card to double holy site adjacency. I could have put a government district next to it I suppose, I'm not sure where I ended up building mine. The diamonds prevented me from putting anything else. 1 other district in those woods wouldn't have been enough to get another +1.

Normally I don't like to put holy sites right next to natural wonders that boost land yields, but couldn't pass up a +9 one.

picture below:
    Spoiler :

WillowBrook likes this.
  18. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

+9 is really nice, but I think sometimes you do get too caught up with great yields. For example, had you placed it where you placed the encampment, then it would have only been a +3 holy site, but you would have also gotten +3 faith and +3 science from the tile, so the net change would be +3 science instead of +3 faith, which most people would make that trade.

There are a few times you want the high yield - if you run the double adjacency card, or you desperately need the +3 district for the era score or to run the other policy card, for sure. But generally speaking, I've slowed down wanting to build holy sites adjacent to natural wonders that improve adjacent tile yields. Especially the better ones, like if you have Torres del Paine nearby. It may be tempting to throw a +4 (or +7 as Australia) holy site next to it, but having that 2f/4p base tile if it was a plains hill, for example, is just too tempting to pass up.

19. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

Here is a screenshot of a game I quickly ran try and prove my point of 32 adjacency. Unfortunately I couldn't get 4 forests for the max 32, but I was able to get 30 thanks to 2 distritcs, with one being the GP
    Spoiler 30 adjacency Holy Site with Hildegarde of Bingen :
    upload_2019-1-21_21-37-21.png

Of course instead of the Campus and Government Plaza (which is giving me 2 adjacency before scripture due to 1 for every 2 districts and 1 for GP.) I could of instead had 2 forests which gives me 1 for every 2 forests and then 1 for each forest thanks to the Stave Church, meaning I get 1 more adjacency before scripture, getting me to 32.

This is why I love playing Norway peacefully. Productive coastal cities and extremely high faith output from Stave Churches!

EDIT: This does mean with 4 districts (of which 1 is the Government Plaza) instead of the 4 forests, you can get 26 adjacency with any other Civ in the same set up if you are not Norway and have the Stave Church.

EDIT 2: This also means that if you don't have U.Hollow but a ring of 6 tundra forests as Norway, you can still get a 30 adjacency holy site. So if you have a ring of 6 tundra forests in every city, that's 30 faith from every single city.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    BrotherInJah likes this.
  20. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

The most I have ever gotten was the one time I found a completely encircled mountain tile playing as Australia