Holy @*$#!! Major Glitch!

menelaus

Chieftain
I think I just stumbled onto something really useful here...

At the start of your turn, when the production finished window pops up, you can go to that city (mostly so you can change production), but by using the arrows at the top, you can go to the other cities too!

What this means is that you can monitor your cities to keep them out of civil disorder and in a WLTK day state before they go into disorder. It's as if the game doesn't consider it the next turn for that city until it cycles through to provide an update or announcement. So, as the screen pops around to each city, it starts the turn ONE CITY AT A TIME.

Following that idea, I went to the first city I could at the beginning of my turn and used the arrows to go to other cities. I rushed production on some of the cities and exited the city screen. It cycled through the cities and then to the ones I just rushed, letting me know these were built too!

Furthermore, I was awarded my gold already for that turn! It was like spending my money on rushing and getting immediate results. No waiting around for another turn.

I don't think it awarded the shields from the previous turn yet when you try this.

I'm certain this was not the intention for Firaxis, and yes I do have the patch installed. It looks like a glitch that was overlooked in playtesting.

Try it yourself! Enjoy!
:cool:

No, that's unchecked.

I just set the preference to always let me know when something is finished (Ican't remember what the actual checkbox was, though)

I would consider that cheating.

One thing I´ve noticed that is a bit related to this is that civil disorder is checked before building improvements. I had a city with pop 3 and decided to rush a temple. I had 2 content citizens and 1 entertainer in it, but because I would get the temple next turn, I also put the entertainer at work (i.e. 2 content & 1 unhappy). The next turn the city goes into disorder but finishes the temple, and returns to order automatically the next turn. In my opinion pretty stupid. I wonder why Firaxis made this design decision?

Oh, I consider it cheating too, but the fact that it's POSSIBLE blows my mind... Firaxis is usually better than that. In fact, when I tried this I didn't expect it to work. They usually catch these things...

Top Bottom