Holy Roman people?

To be historically accurate, the short description should be "the Empire" while the adjective would be "Imperial".

Well, every civilization in Civ4 is called an "Empire" for some reason, so "the Empire" will be a bit confusing. And the adjective... just imagine: "The Imperial Empire has compeleted the Pyramids"! :crazyeye:

Ah well, the HRE again.

Calgacus, what is your anti-German rant about? You're running riot on so many threads; granted, you're arguing within reason. But might you possibly be one of the Kaczinskys?

Sometimes I really think this forum deservs two Germans in place of you. ;)

And: ha! Firaxis has acknowledged that Germany deserves 3 slots in civ (read my very eloquent posts on all those flaming HRE threads)!

Well, every civilization in Civ4 is called an "Empire" for some reason, so "the Empire" will be a bit confusing. And the adjective... just imagine: "The Imperial Empire has compeleted the Pyramids"! :crazyeye:

:rotfl:
Sorry that this is a not-too-constructive contribution to the thread, but I must have been laughing for the last 10 minutes.... Imperial Empire :clap: .

I find HRE interesting. They must have something up there sleeves. They wouldn't have out them in the game for no reason. There is a reason not known yet.

I find HRE interesting. They must have something up there sleeves. They wouldn't have out them in the game for no reason. There is a reason not known yet.

1. (Kind of) Bad attempt to satisfy all and end up satisfying none.

2. Too lazy to make a new civ, copy civ from scenario.

3. (and probably the most likely reason) laugh at all us idiots.

Well, every civilization in Civ4 is called an "Empire" for some reason, so "the Empire" will be a bit confusing. And the adjective... just imagine: "The Imperial Empire has compeleted the Pyramids"!

Yeah but "Imperial" is just the adjective. The full name would still be the "Holy Roman Empire." Civ IV uses a full name ("Spanish Empire"), short name ("Spain"), and adjective ("Spanish"). So for the HRE it would be "Holy Roman Empire", "the Empire", and "Imperial" respectively. It sounds weird even then, as no person was ever going around saying, "I'm an Imperial" but as someone already mentioned we have the "Ottomans" running around already so whatever.

I personally like the Empire's inclusion. But I can see that it's mostly just me. I like having an alternative to the so-called "Germany" that's really just Prussia and the Prussian dominated Deutsches Reich/Third Reich. In that regard I would rather have the HRE than the Germany that we got in vanilla. I also had my heart set on Poland and Vietnam making it into this game, but you can't win 'em all I guess.

So maybe that guy called Ceaser is actually the great great great great (+ a couple hundred) son of Julius Ceaser. < AND it was a family recipe made by Julius Ceaser.

I thought it was that it was made at the "Hotel Cesar" in Mexico. Oh well, either way it should be Monty offering us the salad, lol

I thought it was that it was made at the "Hotel Cesar" in Mexico. Oh well, either way it should be Monty offering us the salad, lol

I don't think I would trust a salad made my Monty.

actually... theoretically you could say he was, because the Aztecs did call their lands "Mexica". i think. and thats not a joke.

I personally like the Empire's inclusion. But I can see that it's mostly just me. I like having an alternative to the so-called "Germany" that's really just Prussia and the Prussian dominated Deutsches Reich/Third Reich. In that regard I would rather have the HRE than the Germany that we got in vanilla.

I'm also loving Holy Roman Empire getting in the game. I can't wait to play Karl der Große.

I can't wait to see the Holy Roman Franks declare war on France and sign peace treaty with Rome.

I also can't wait to see the Holy Romans spawn in Germany, pretending to be Holy Romans and not Germans. Because the Holy Romans are a totally different thing from the Germans, as many have claimed here.

Imperial Empire sounds great too, I'm sure a lot of younger players will like this. Or simply: Holy!

Holy warriors, holy armors, holy cities. Doesn't this sound exciting? Imagine those Holy Imperial Knights beat the German infidels.

Hmm?

"Holy Roman people" or "Imperial people" is more appropriate than "Franks." The Holy Roman Empire spread over much of Italy, Germany, and France initially, but eventually came to be the name associated with only Northern Italy and Germany. Franks were a germanic group that settled in France and would only constitute a small fraction of all the groups comprising the Empire. The Emperor was pretty much exclusively King of Germany after France effectively left the Empire's rule (though I do not believe this was done formally), but I also believe that there was also a King of Italy within the Empire as the Emperor rarely traveled South of the Alps.

NyukXI: You shouldn't have said that, that's a taboo. I mean this one:

"The Emperor was pretty much exclusively King of Germany."

Remember we are discussing the Holy Roman nation here, not Germany. Germany is in the game.

Germany did not exist as an individual political entity back then, but the title King of Germany did exist. And the Emperor often (if not always) also held the title King of Germany. As I said, there was also a king of Italy then too. Though Italian unification into an independent state didn't occur until centuries later, as did the unification of Germany.

I can't wait to see the Holy Roman Franks declare war on France and sign peace treaty with Rome.

I also can't wait to see the Holy Romans spawn in Germany, pretending to be Holy Romans and not Germans. Because the Holy Romans are a totally different thing from the Germans, as many have claimed here.

Imperial Empire sounds great too, I'm sure a lot of younger players will like this. Or simply: Holy!

Holy warriors, holy armors, holy cities. Doesn't this sound exciting? Imagine those Holy Imperial Knights beat the German infidels.

Hmm?

I usually have the Arabs beat the Egyptians. Or the Byzantines beat the Egyptians. Or. the Romans. Or... Is Egypt equal to modern day Egypt? Or to Ptolemaic Egypt? Is Mubarak the heir of Ramses or Cleopatra?

If Saladin is the heir of Cleopatra, we'd have two civs for Egypt...

Fact is, overlapping territory does not mean same civ.

Top Bottom