Holy War Event

Losman

Chieftain
I received an event asking if I wanted to declare a holy war on my neighbor. I didn't really want to do it as I was doing a Alter of Luonnotar game but I wanted to see if it gave me any special benefits so I saved a previous turn and played through the holy war defeating a few towns and making my neighbor switch to my religion when I sued for peace. I was playing Malakim and had order for my religion. I didn't notice any special bonuses during the holy war and nothing special happened after it was over. Does anyone know if this spawns another event down the line or did maybe give me some bonus I didn't notice. Just curious what the point of the event is.

The Holy War event is actually really useful if you get it against the right teams at the right time.

First options is just a -1 relations with the target. Basically just pisses them off a little, a cop out.

Second option improves happiness in all your cities. Useful if you're clamoring for it (but I'm not a huge fan of temp happiness anyways, pretty much have to use it to get more happiness before it runs out) and also gives you -2 relations against the target. This option against an friend will pretty much take them down to cautious. Against an enemy (already with differing religions) will almost certainly cause a war sometime in the future.

The third option is easily the best if you can take advantage of it. -3 relations and against the AI they always declare war against you. So they are forced into a war they may not be ready for, and you can go warmongering and your opponent gets all the 'Declared war on our friend' penalties and stuff. Really useful if you can take advantage of it.

What it looks like happened is the AI got this event and YOU were the target. They picked the third option and you got told about it and asked if you want to declare a Holy War. I don't think you got any bonuses from doing so, but pretty sure deciding not to gives you a happiness penalty. Not too sure.

Top Bottom