honours for citizens

Status
Not open for further replies.

disorganizer

Deity
as our nation has become so proud, shouldnt we start honouring some of our citizens for giving extraordinary achievements and outstanding offers in favor our nation?

like medals, titles etc?

proposals and discussion in here please

list as proposed till now (discussable):
Code:
[B]phoenátikán ztár[/B] (general)
performance for out nation in general above and beyond the call of duty
[B]immortál krozz[/B] (military)
performance in defense of the nation above and beyond the call of duty
[B]purple heárt[/B] (domestic)
performance in domestic matters above and beyond the call of duty
[B]teál krozz[/B] (foreign-affairs)
performance in foreign matters above and beyond the call of duty

the medals also are ranked as follows (lower to higher)
Code:
Oakleaves
Oakleaves and Swords
Oakleaves, Swords and Diamonds
Golden Oakleaves, Swords, and Diamonds
where the "golden oakleaves with swords and diamonds" whould only be achieved VERY rarely.

So for example the "phoenátikán ztár with golden oakleaves, swords and diamonds" would be the highest possible reward for things outside a departmental area.
(i hope i get this one ;-) )

any government-member can pre-nominate a citizen for it.
a cabinet-vote decides wheter to nominate the citizen,
and then the citizens decide wheter to give the honour or not

a reason must be specified.
at first, there should be a clear list which honour is provided for what. with ranking.

How about de 'Immortal Krozz' phor zervice above and beyond de kall of duty?

How would we go about nominating and awarding deze? Perhapz de Prezident could appoint some citizenz to a zpecial (non-government) kommizzion to make deze awardz.

If We're giving out Medals for Civilians I think Disorganizer deserves it for helping to Organize this disorganized thread to a less disorganized manner.

However Disorganizer hasn't exactly lived up to his name sake ;)

But I don't think that's grounds for not getting a medal.

Originally posted by disorganizer
good idea! but maybe the citizens should nominate?

Of course the citizens could nominate people to receive medals. The Presidential Commission would merely seek citizen approval for the nominations and would do the actual presenting of the award. I just think the 'commission' should be a citizen's group rather than a government body.

first thing would be to get a list of medals and why people should earn this. we should have a medal for every kind of special service, like for cultural achievements, millitary achievements, domestic achievements etc.

we could also give the naming-rite for the next city to new medal-holders! or for other landmarks.

btw:
i update a list for discussion in the first post of the threads. at the moment, we should not yet accept nominations, but discuss the medals and how we organize the nomination procedure.

Purple Heart - wounded in service
Teal Cross - Duties in defense of the nation above and beyond the call of duty. (Our color is sort of teal. "Blue Cross" is a bit too punnish for me.)

so what about the list in post#1? (i know i still have to translate some to phoenatican language though)

I propose that Shaitan be given the title of "Father of the Constitution", as he has written or rewritten much of that holy document.

I like your idea Dis. How would new medals be introduced? Who would approve them, or recommend them for approval? Would it be a commision as Donsig suggested or citizen proposal? I was collecting some great medals to dedicate and DISplay at the Museum, but I like the idea of a commision with citizen approval.

i would propose a thread for nominations, and then a citizen poll for those. the comission would then be our citizenry

and self-nomination is not allowed.

who volunteers for organizing the thread?

new medal list on the 1st post. i stramlined a bit. check please. we still need some medals for the rest of the departmental areas, so we will have 1 medal for each department, each with 4 ranks.

I'll volunteer to orgaize the thread!!

ok strider. please open 2 threads, 1 for the nominations (should be called "nominations for ...") and 1 for the discussion (like the census). tell the mods to make the nomination-thread sticky and to unsticky this thread here. dont forget to put the list of medals we have till now (1st post here) to the top of both threads as reference. and dont forget to put up nomination-rules.
maybe we should call them "honours and decorations for citizens" and "nominations for honours and decorations".
the workflow should be like follows:
citizens nominate in the nomination-thread, then you setup a poll "yes-no" minumim runtime should be 2 days. after the poll is over you tell the president to give the honours to the citizen.

the thing we should discuss: should the rank of the honour be determined by the poll or by the cabinet? i would propose the cabinet.

Here are some suggestions:

Medal of Distinction each month goes to a new citizen who joined in the last 30 days who contributed the most to Pheonatica. :king:

Staff of Wonders goes to person who makes an extraodinary contribution to in-game matters. (involving game dymanics)

Staff of Excellence goes to person who makes an extraodinary contribution to out-of-game matters. (outside of game dymanics)

Do you have pictures of these medals to place by their description? If so, I would love to see what they look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom