Hoop Thrower's Tehuelche - Maria the Elder for VP

Lol. I just deleted the CultureOverview.lua file from Legen's version ... :twitch:

I checked and to me it loads everything except Israel's additional UCs instead (using latest v86). :dunno:

Spoiler :
Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Weird, I‘m also on the newest MUC Version posted yesterday + only VP 3.6.2 and Papal States, Tehuelche and Israel activated, but for me only Papal States is missing Components. I did have issues with Israels Components not showing up when Tehuelche was active but that was a few VP Versions ago

Weird, I‘m also on the newest MUC Version posted yesterday + only VP 3.6.2 and Papal States, Tehuelche and Israel activated, but for me only Papal States is missing Components. I did have issues with Israels Components not showing up when Tehuelche was active but that was a few VP Versions ago
Have you tried to go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5, delete the cache folder then re-enable the mods?

Thanks for the new version with the grouped notifications. Very interesting civ, I like the randomness of Aiken yield.

[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Receive 1 [ICON_CITIZEN] Citizen in the nearest City whenever a Barbarian Naval Unit is defeated within or adjacent to your territory.

Has anyone noticed problem with free citizens from "Give Shelter to Outlaws and Shipwrecks" ability?
They seem to increase population and religious pressure, eat food but are not available in city view.
And because they eat food and do nothing, cities loose any chance to grow / avoid starvation.
Here's an example: city in tundra has 11 population - 3 from natural growth and 8 from sunken barbarian ships.
And only thosу 3 citizens want to do something; i can't even get the rest to work free cows to stop starvation.

Spoiler huge screenshot :

1689029986763.png

Has anyone noticed problem with free citizens from "Give Shelter to Outlaws and Shipwrecks" ability?
They seem to increase population and religious pressure, eat food but are not available in city view.
And because they eat food and do nothing, cities loose any chance to grow / avoid starvation.
Here's an example: city in tundra has 11 population - 3 from natural growth and 8 from sunken barbarian ships.
And only thosу 3 citizens want to do something; i can't even get the rest to work free cows to stop starvation.
Are you sure it has anything to do with the Tehuelches?

Are you sure it has anything to do with the Tehuelches?

It really seems so.

I've loaded only VP + IGE + Tehuelche + Events & Decisions and reproduced this bug

0. I've built Tehuelche capital.
1. I've given Tehuelche through IGE "sailing" tech and enough money.
2. I've enacted "Give Shelter to Outlaws and Shipwrecks" decision.
3. I've created barbarian galley and Tehuelche submarine.
4. I've killed galley with submarine.
5. Tehuelche capital got free citizen (so city population become 2) which is not working tiles / laborer slot.

After that i've added another citizen in city by editing city population through IGE to 3. And this citizen is available for work.

So my guess is that problem is somehow caused by Tehuelche's decision which is within "(overhaul) - Hoop Thrower's Tehuelche - Maria the Elder for VP (V12)\Lua\HoopThrower_Tehuelche_Decisions.lua"

Events and Decisions hasn't been updated in an eternity, i think there are going to be a lot of bugs and inconsistencies with this mod

That's fair warning, but bugged decision (if it's really bugged) is part of Tehuelche mod code (compatibility with E&D) not of E&D mod itself, that's why i report here.

It really seems so.
That's fair warning, but bugged decision (if it's really bugged) is part of Tehuelche mod code (compatibility with E&D) not of E&D mod itself, that's why i report here.
Yes sorry @evahappy . I should have disabled the parts that I don't check and that are related to mods that don't work with VP. Thanks for pointing it out and testing it, but I don't intend to maintain that kind of compatibility.

Some feedback after finally finishing first game as Tehuelche:

1. Circumnavigation seems to count for any civ in the world, not Tehuelche itself, as i was able to build Uorkenk in my cities even while i hadn't continious chain of explored tiles around all map.
2. It would be cool if Uorkenk could send a notification of spawned horse resource (or unability to do so) same as Buffalo Pound does, as now you have to check the map on each build to see the new resource. Such feature would actually make this mini game even more fun.
3. Sadly i haven't found how to check tourism boost from UA in total science/happiness/gold. Maybe i was searching bad.
4. Also it seemed for me that Aiken is not boosted by Majorville Medicine Wheel from More Wonders modmod (gives 1 food to all camps). Tehuelche seem to have tundra bias which is requrement for MMW, so beware if you're using both mods together.

Overall it's cool and interesting civilization that anyone should try to play. Doesn't matter which victory condition you're pursuing, Tehuelche has something to offer. Aiken is golden standard for UI: realistic placement requrements, still not spamable, and decent yields. And same for Aukenk as UU, Bolas promotion is significant for both offence and defence, so you'll want as much Aukenks as your military supply allowes, but they are deprecated before you could actually spam them. Thanks, gwennog, this is really brilliant design.

Overall it's cool and interesting civilization that anyone should try to play. Doesn't matter which victory condition you're pursuing, Tehuelche has something to offer. Aiken is golden standard for UI: realistic placement requrements, still not spamable, and decent yields. And same for Aukenk as UU, Bolas promotion is significant for both offence and defence, so you'll want as much Aukenks as your military supply allowes, but they are deprecated before you could actually spam them. Thanks, gwennog, this is really brilliant design.
First of all, thank you very much for this very positive feedback as well as the comments.
The idea is not really mine, I reworked an existing civilization (thanks to the creators) trying to keep the logic but adapting it to VP.

1. Circumnavigation seems to count for any civ in the world, not Tehuelche itself, as i was able to build Uorkenk in my cities even while i hadn't continious chain of explored tiles around all map.
This is normal, the idea was to signify the discovery of Patagonia by Magellan during the Great Voyage and the passage of Cape Horn.
2. It would be cool if Uorkenk could send a notification of spawned horse resource (or unability to do so) same as Buffalo Pound does, as now you have to check the map on each build to see the new resource. Such feature would actually make this mini game even more fun.
Normally you should have the notification, it's a VP feature that didn't have a problem until version 3. I haven't tested the mod with v.4.
3. Sadly i haven't found how to check tourism boost from UA in total science/happiness/gold. Maybe i was searching bad.
No, you're right, it doesn't appear anywhere. There is a feature created by @InkAxis that I use in other mods which allows you to see the bonus (for Science and gold at least) in the city's yields as "Bonus Trait". I will implement it in this mod.
4. Also it seemed for me that Aiken is not boosted by Majorville Medicine Wheel from More Wonders modmod (gives 1 food to all camps). Tehuelche seem to have tundra bias which is requrement for MMW, so beware if you're using both mods together.
Are you sure, normally the mod is made to work with MW (which is a mod that I like a lot)?

Top Bottom